Make a donation

Author Topic: Removing phone mount from glove box  (Read 3611 times)

Offline outlandish

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
Removing phone mount from glove box
« on: January 20, 2013, 04:03:05 pm »
I am considering buying a MK5 from my local dealer but it has a phone mount (possibly bolted) to the glove box (not on the side of the glove box, it is actually stuck to it between the glove box handle and right hand side of the glove box). It is quite big and sticks out a lot. Can this be easily removed? Is it possible to connect my iphone to it? The car does have iphone connections but the mount looks like no phone will go on it, unless I need an extra part to clip onto the mount for a specific phone. It may seem like a minor issue but it is an eye sore imo and unless I can connect my iphone to it somehow it is completely useless to me!

The car is 2008 and the dealer does not know much about the mount and says I would have to remove it myself. I have not got a picture but found one simlar:

Another pic of what it looks very similar to. I would keep it if I can get an iphone adapter (anyone know where?). There is an iphone connection cable in the glove box aswell which must link up with this holder some how:

« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 04:14:38 pm by outlandish »

Offline clive_gti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 7
Re: Removing phone mount from glove box
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2013, 06:21:02 pm »
I have the same one and wanted to get rid of it initially as the only cradles available were for "legacy" handsets.  I have a cradle for a Nokia 6310 if you are interested ;)

After some research I found a bluetooth adaptor which fits in the cradle and is quite neat.

Glad i kept it now, works really well.  Someone else may be able to confirm if this one fits (it wasn't available when i bought mine):

Offline outlandish

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
Re: Removing phone mount from glove box
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2013, 08:44:38 pm »
Thanks mate that helped a lot! Shame the mj5 I'm buying is missing the adapter the previous owner must have kept it. I will look out for one particularly the touch adapter.