Make a donation

Author Topic: Not so super white.  (Read 743 times)

Offline TomGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 4
  • PIRELLI EDITION
    • Email
Not so super white.
« on: January 21, 2013, 09:30:31 pm »
Fitted some so called super white LED number plate bulbs to match my mtec 55w super white head light bulbs but the thing is they don't, is this normal my head lights are spot on and are super white but the number plate LEDs are more blue???

Thanks.  :confused:
GTI Pirelli - Reflex Silver - 5dr - 58 - B12 Sportline kit!

Sold ~ GTI - Mk5 - Pearl Black -  Bluefin - 3dr - 08

Offline ScrupesGTI

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Re: Not so super white.
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2013, 09:59:21 pm »
I hate LED's for not being able to match the colours.

I've had about 10 sets of sidelight 5W5's and not one type has ever been a close match to another, some dont even match the others when buying a pair?

I bought the numberplate festoons and they were off white, bought some more they were bluey tinted and only lasted a couple of weeks. the only ones i've ever been happy with from a colour point of view, were a pair of CREE sightlight LED's but they work "face on" and were no good as sidelight bulbs as they dont illuminate off the reflectors so were crap looking!

I'm still looking to find the right ones but not hopeful of ever finding them in a true super white, they are all bluey or creamy to me.

I'm considering fitting a HID kit and will no doubt have issues with that not matching LOL

I've seen some listed as 5000k and 6000k rated, maybe worth investing the few quid for a try?

Wished I'd got the other GTI on the forecourt with Xenons, Sat Nav and MFSW....... the extra £2000 would have been worth it
 :rolleye:

Offline TomGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • PIRELLI EDITION
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2013, 10:31:46 am »
Well my side lights and head lights look good together, headlights are super white and the side light bulbs are blue in colour but give off a just off white light with a tint of blue, which I like they look more like xenons. There both mtec bulbs.

I THINK anything over 4350k does have a blue tinge in them and more so if u go higher up, my headlight are 4350k and are super white.

Any idea if u can get a bulb which isn't LED which looks super white to fit above the number plate I don't want if mega bright just white to look at???? They are 36mm bulbs

If not hopefully some1 will chirp up  :happy2:

Offline TomGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • PIRELLI EDITION
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2013, 09:05:41 pm »
Any1?