Make a donation

Author Topic: Just been tugged by the plod  (Read 8857 times)

Offline Nodz

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 73
  • -Receive: 103
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,29264.0.html
Re: Just been tugged by the plod
« Reply #45 on: January 27, 2013, 11:11:15 am »
Obviously excluding the OP from this...

They've got such good instinct, how many times do you watch those programs and they pull someone who looks 'iffy' - and bazinga, they've got a drunk scumbag with no insurance/tax/licence, an outstanding warrant and concealing drugs up their arse.

They can pull as many people as they like IMO, the more tossbags off the road, the better.

I love the Police, I'd gladly pay more tax to have even more of them.

I had this mentioned to me the other day and TBH since the Mk5 has become more affordable the amount of them round here now with dodgy Monza's, illegal tints, etc and knowing the groups that the people driving them hang about in, it wouldn't surprise me if any of the above applied to them (and more than likely does tbh). This makes me think that as I've got a modified Mk5 I could have fallen into this category and that was probably one of the reasons I was stopped.

Slip roads to motorway or dual carriageways.  I've seen so many ppl get caught in the same location that most regulars use their hazards to slow peeps down... A lot think your being arsey so I don't bother anymore. Still seems a good earner as they are there every week day without fail.  The road in question doesn't have a fatalities marked on it either... Just a nice downhill dual carriageway with slip road to tuck up in, easy pickings.

I very much doubt they are there catching people speeding. IIRC most traffic patrol cars now have ANPR on board so they are probably sat there until it flashes up no insurance/tax/MOT or any other markers on cars/owners of that vehicle.

Offline camfollower

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 31
  • Cam follower awareness.
« Reply #46 on: January 27, 2013, 11:20:34 am »
It's all about discretion though isn't it, and for the most part Police do allow for this - however some will not.  A prime example and abuse of this, is Section 59; first legislated to cover the boy racer problem and cruising, burn outs in car parks etc. However, Police are now using this for minor offences where otherwise there is no proof.

Not only that, and this is where it gets interesting, a member of the public could report you, for let's say a noisy intake (Forge twintake, Neuspeed whatever) or what they think is you speeding, a Police officer in uniform could then come round and issue you with a Section 59, something that you have Absolutely no recourse in, no evidence supplied, none required...  where is the democracy / discretion / sense in that!?

Offline camfollower

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #47 on: January 27, 2013, 11:36:41 am »
Slip roads to motorway or dual carriageways.  I've seen so many ppl get caught in the same location that most regulars use their hazards to slow peeps down... A lot think your being arsey so I don't bother anymore. Still seems a good earner as they are there every week day without fail.  The road in question doesn't have a fatalities marked on it either... Just a nice downhill dual carriageway with slip road to tuck up in, easy pickings.

I very much doubt they are there catching people speeding. IIRC most traffic patrol cars now have ANPR on board so they are probably sat there until it flashes up no insurance/tax/MOT or any other markers on cars/owners of that vehicle.

Believe it mate, an awful lot in work have been caught when they first started camping out there.  We tell ppl to watch out for it if they have a meeting with us.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #48 on: January 27, 2013, 02:08:20 pm »
Locally to me (where I got caught before I knew about it) the slip road gets used regularly to catch folk speeding. And of course, ANPR gets checked too.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #49 on: January 27, 2013, 02:24:23 pm »

It's all about discretion though isn't it, and for the most part Police do allow for this - however some will not.  A prime example and abuse of this, is Section 59; first legislated to cover the boy racer problem and cruising, burn outs in car parks etc. However, Police are now using this for minor offences where otherwise there is no proof.

Not only that, and this is where it gets interesting, a member of the public could report you, for let's say a noisy intake (Forge twintake, Neuspeed whatever) or what they think is you speeding, a Police officer in uniform could then come round and issue you with a Section 59, something that you have Absolutely no recourse in, no evidence supplied, none required...  where is the democracy / discretion / sense in that!?

....Section 59 can be very controversial. We have to trust that the Police, as the majority will do, use it responsibly. The idea that a member of the public THINKS you are speeding when you might not be, or doesn't like you overtaking under full throttle (to complete the manoevre quickly) and then reports you, is very worrying.

I have reported a driver to the local Police (who know me) but only after I witnessed him doing the same thing on three separate occasions. He was wheelspinning off the traffic lights in the centre of town and accelerating hard down a pedestrian very busy street on a street market day too (extra busy with kids and folks stepping off the pavement). Basically showing off. Having the F-word on his rear bumper sticker helped me ID him and the Police told me they were going to visit him.

I only decided to report him because I witnessed it three times, several weeks apart. I have been badly cut up by another driver who was without question driving dangerously all the way ahead but I'm not going to report every instance I see of bad driving.

I think that there are times when all of us secretly would love to have hidden blue lights and a siren which we could switch on legally. Or is that just me!?

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
« Reply #50 on: January 27, 2013, 03:24:52 pm »
It's all about discretion though isn't it, and for the most part Police do allow for this - however some will not.  A prime example and abuse of this, is Section 59; first legislated to cover the boy racer problem and cruising, burn outs in car parks etc. However, Police are now using this for minor offences where otherwise there is no proof.

Not only that, and this is where it gets interesting, a member of the public could report you, for let's say a noisy intake (Forge twintake, Neuspeed whatever) or what they think is you speeding, a Police officer in uniform could then come round and issue you with a Section 59, something that you have Absolutely no recourse in, no evidence supplied, none required...  where is the democracy / discretion / sense in that!?

I'm sorry, but until I see any independent evidence of this, I can't accept it as anything more than urban myth.

Joe Chav moaning on a forum that he got section 59'd and 'wasn't even doin nuffin wrong' isn't proof this happens. People tell lies and swear on their hamster's life to plead they're innocent. A lot.

As for a member of the public reporting you for having X, and the Police coming round and finding you do indeed have X - then tough sh*t. You shouldn't have had X.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 03:29:02 pm by tony_danza »
Sideways yo!

Offline camfollower

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #51 on: January 27, 2013, 03:50:48 pm »
Oh Tony, I'm sure it helps you to think that anyone who had every received an S59 was a Burberry wearing chav, tearing up the McDonalds car park at 3AM, but in the real world it simply isn't the case. 
These are dished out like confetti in lieu of REAL evidence, and that is my problem with it, in any other instance you would have your day in court in this democratic society of ours; a Section 59 is an affront to that, something that belongs in the Soviet Union, circa 1962.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #52 on: January 27, 2013, 05:27:52 pm »

Oh Tony, I'm sure it helps you to think that anyone who had every received an S59 was a Burberry wearing chav,

^^^^
Did someone mention Burberry?

This Burberry Beauty can tug me any time she feels like it - I'll come willingly every time......

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
« Reply #53 on: January 27, 2013, 09:28:23 pm »
Oh Tony, I'm sure it helps you to think that anyone who had every received an S59 was a Burberry wearing chav, tearing up the McDonalds car park at 3AM, but in the real world it simply isn't the case. 
These are dished out like confetti in lieu of REAL evidence, and that is my problem with it, in any other instance you would have your day in court in this democratic society of ours; a Section 59 is an affront to that, something that belongs in the Soviet Union, circa 1962.

If you were shooting for a Stalin reference there, you're a few years out. What does the father of Russian space exploration have to do with chavs getting punished for being cocks?

Sheesh, do they not teach kids anything about modern history these days....
Sideways yo!

Offline camfollower

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #54 on: January 27, 2013, 09:43:49 pm »

If you were shooting for a Stalin reference there, you're a few years out. What does the father of Russian space exploration have to do with chavs getting punished for being cocks?

Sheesh, do they not teach kids anything about modern history these days....

More to do with the missile crisis of '62 that set the soviet union inwardly into even more of a police state (get the reference now Tony?).  :surprised: Thought ppl of your generation paid more attention, guess not.

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
« Reply #55 on: January 27, 2013, 09:53:56 pm »
Forgive me, I didn't for one moment think you we're going to pull the Police Stare card, I'd not detected that degree of irrational thought.

Here, have Orwell's 1984 too.

Outstanding.
Sideways yo!

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
« Reply #56 on: January 27, 2013, 10:12:52 pm »
More to do with the missile crisis of '62 that set the soviet union inwardly into even more of a police state (get the reference now Tony?).  :surprised: Thought ppl of your generation paid more attention, guess not.

What??  :confused:

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

Offline camfollower

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #57 on: January 27, 2013, 10:45:31 pm »
Oh your pussy photos nice.