Make a donation

Author Topic: Tomanni - My Edition 30  (Read 3792 times)

Offline tomanni

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
Tomanni - My Edition 30
« on: January 25, 2013, 12:49:41 pm »
Purchased my self an Edition 30 just after the new year. I had a good time in an R56 cooper s with works kit, but felt it was time to move on to literally bigger and better things.

Bought the car off a friend who's had it from new, so I knew its complete history which was nice :smiley:

Spec is metallic black, 3 door, manual with optional extras of arm rest, heated seats (not sure if these were optional?) and cruise control.

So far I have acquired some 42DD shift bushes and an EPC fast road dogbone insert which I'd love to fit if the weather improves just a little!!

Got the car booked in at Stattlers on Monday for a cambelt, waterpump and full service as its just approaching 40k and it's an 07 plate. Might be tempted to get the pre cat smashed out then as well :fighting:

In the grand scheme of things my plans are to get it mapped - thinking r-tech as I've heard nothing but good things about them and their linear throttle map and new tiv development.
Also looking at an intake maybe a neuspeed p flo - I know twin take and maxogen get rave reviews but I can't justify the extra cost! With the remap in mind, I know I'll need to have a look at the clutch sooner or later so ideas/ recommendations are very welcome...
Finally chassis wise H&R springs are on the list with the walk kit and the brakes need attention - there's nothing specifically wrong with them, but they are pretty poor as a whole :surprised: so leaning towards the Porsche BBK for both performance and weight as opposed to the R32/S3 set up.
Oh and an rcd510 - Rcd300 is :sad1:

Found a fellow ed30 parked up last week :drinking: both just as filthy as each other!

Got these to use with my Kestrel DA when the weather gives me half a chance

Offline welikeaps

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 22
  • -Receive: 15
Re: Tomanni - My Edition 30
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 09:29:16 pm »
me likely. Welcome along to the forum!

Offline rf860

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2013, 11:16:40 pm »
Looks nice! I looked at a thread on detailing world the other day that was quite old with this exact car on it! Guess the previous owner looked after it if he was on there :)

Offline nikeboyuk

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2013, 08:55:22 am »
Looking very nice, looks v.well looked after :)

Welcome to the forum.

Offline tomanni

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2013, 06:38:01 am »
Had the car booked in at Statllers last Monday where I had the cambelt, waterpump and a full service done. It turns out the original cambelt was somehow a tooth out - so that explains the slightly underwhelming midrange pull :smiley:

The apparent Statllers resident 'Hurdy' was down there when I dropped mine off, so stayed around for a bit of a chat about all things edition 30 and his ridiculous Golf 'R'  :rolleye:

Overall I couldn't rate Statllers highly enough, top set of guys, reasonable prices, great work and very knowledgable - I'll definitely be returning for a GIAC remap and some bigger brakes  :happy2:

After a good chat with Steve and Craig about mods I found out they had an evoms intake in stock for my car so I thought I'd treat myself after all that maintenance!

Offline scopes

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 131
  • -Receive: 115
  • Wolfsburg Edition
    • My GTI
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,49748.0.html
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2013, 01:01:45 pm »
Great start, I see Hurdy has got the better of you...lol... The Mod Father  :party: leading you astray  :driver:
If it's not broke, Mod it.....

Silver is the way !

Offline Frodo-anni

• Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 45
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2013, 07:06:22 pm »
Seem to recognise the high street your parked on in one picture, you leeds way, Yeadon?

Use to work at YB on the high street
mk4 Anniversary pd No0341 - Sold
mk5 GTI Edition 30 DSG No0391

Offline tomanni

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2013, 07:39:37 am »
Yeah that was in Yeadon, I live in Saltaire  :smiley:

Offline Leesey

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2013, 12:02:11 pm »
Looks great, get it mapped, there like a different car once done  :innocent:!

Offline rickstar

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2013, 10:47:20 pm »
Very nice car !

Offline tomanni

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2013, 01:46:44 pm »
A couple of updates over the past couple of weeks include MTEC headlights and RCD510, the latter courtesy of Holty  :happy2:

MTECs made a great difference despite the picture, a lot whiter and brighter :smiley:

Comparison between RCD300 & RCD510:

Fitted :jumpmove:

Just a test with the next week or so on my revision 'k' can gateway now as I've heard some work and some don't, so I'm carrying some jump leads just incase!

Offline marko

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 33
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2013, 02:28:08 pm »
lovely car mate...
nice mods aswell
2007 TR gt170...heated leather,underseat drawers,auto-levelling bi-xenons,puddle leds,chrome switches,footwell lights f+r,cruise control and ed30 rear lamps,LED interior....carbon highline clocks,ed30 front spoiler,RNS 510 P+MDI,mk6 gti gearknob,TPMS done,complete r32 trim kit+ MFSW,r32 f+r brakes,RLS fitted.headlamp washers,folding mirrors and boot pop,mk6 RVC,19"Helios,AP coilies,valeo LEDs  ...dpf delete and remap to finish off

Offline tomanni

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2013, 07:49:06 pm »
Picked my car up from VW this evening after I dropped it off for the ESP light investigation.
Turns out it was covered under warranty (on a 5/6 year old car?!) and they fitted a new pump for free!  :laugh:
Absolute result and a breath of fresh air after BMW mini disputing any sort of fault when the car was under its 1 year 'cherished' warranty

Offline bonelorry

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 72
  • -Receive: 44
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2013, 07:57:02 pm »
Ive heard alot of good things about Statllers in Sheffield, I think one of my friends actually works at the same place Hurdy does and has mentioned he also goes there.

All good stuff  :smiley:

Offline Frodo-anni

• Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 45
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2013, 09:17:53 pm »
Yeah that was in Yeadon, I live in Saltaire  :smiley:

Keep your eyes peeled, i live bingley, silver 5dr ed30. Often at the place you live as i recognise the car park, as my dad lives in VM1. All the filthy cars covered in dust give it away!

:signLOL:
mk4 Anniversary pd No0341 - Sold
mk5 GTI Edition 30 DSG No0391