Make a donation

Author Topic: MK5 GT TDI nice and simple updated pg11  (Read 30440 times)

Offline chrisr763

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 62
    • Email
Re: MK5 GT TDI nice and simple updated pics
« Reply #120 on: February 24, 2013, 10:48:08 pm »
Looking very nice josh. Loving that black & white photo so much! Glad you shared the interior with us  :happy2: Front end is looking very mean now. Could you tell me what the bodyshop did to make the cheap splitter fit?  :love:

Offline jonnym

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 40
  • -Receive: 22
« Reply #121 on: February 24, 2013, 10:50:58 pm »
That is phattt! Sits perfectly and that camber is sick, so nice. Hope your splitter can take the crap roads!!
@PSW - "Candy white ones are the nicest and fastest"

Offline josh newman

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 1
  • Gt Tdi naughty naughty
    • Email
« Reply #122 on: February 24, 2013, 10:52:38 pm »
Looking very nice josh. Loving that black & white photo so much! Glad you shared the interior with us  :happy2: Front end is looking very mean now. Could you tell me what the bodyshop did to make the cheap splitter fit?  :love:

thankyou mate means alot , alot of time and effort has gone into it especially with working 7 day week at leabing for work at 4.30 am get your violins out haha
its not a show winner yet but hopefully one day it will be the modifying will continue just when do you stop lol

and i got it to fit mate all that had to be done was the lip the clips in to the bumper was to long so you couldnt push the splitter back further
so all i done was cut it away and kept putting it on till it fit just used a stanley blade then neatend it up i slipped with the blade and cut into paint lolso had to have it painted again the clips were sh*t to didnt hold in very well so i fixed it with tiger seal now i dont think ill ever get it off haha

Offline josh newman

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • Gt Tdi naughty naughty
    • Email
« Reply #123 on: February 24, 2013, 10:54:12 pm »
That is phattt! Sits perfectly and that camber is sick, so nice. Hope your splitter can take the crap roads!!

i no mate we pay road tax get more pot holes going to try and keep it away for ultimate dubs goes for a service and new brakes monday
 and witing for a few little bits to arrive still waiting to here back from ud

Offline chrisr763

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #124 on: February 24, 2013, 10:57:45 pm »

thankyou mate means alot , alot of time and effort has gone into it especially with working 7 day week at leabing for work at 4.30 am get your violins out haha
its not a show winner yet but hopefully one day it will be the modifying will continue just when do you stop lol

and i got it to fit mate all that had to be done was the lip the clips in to the bumper was to long so you couldnt push the splitter back further
so all i done was cut it away and kept putting it on till it fit just used a stanley blade then neatend it up i slipped with the blade and cut into paint lolso had to have it painted again the clips were sh*t to didnt hold in very well so i fixed it with tiger seal now i dont think ill ever get it off haha

Thats not too bad. Could you PM me the link to the splitter, Would you recommend it? Ive seen some that overhang loads on either side and just are way too big for the car !

Offline josh newman

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • Gt Tdi naughty naughty
    • Email
« Reply #125 on: February 24, 2013, 11:02:16 pm »
ill get a link for you tomorow mine over hung so i cut it down i also complianed and got a refund of 42.50 for the inconvinience because it states perfect
i told them it definatly isnt and asked for compensation and fair play they gave me something

Offline jonnym

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 40
  • -Receive: 22
« Reply #126 on: February 24, 2013, 11:02:25 pm »

i no mate we pay road tax get more pot holes going to try and keep it away for ultimate dubs goes for a service and new brakes monday
 and witing for a few little bits to arrive still waiting to here back from ud

Still waiting! wtf! Jus go in the car park and do your own show. Seems the way. Can't help but think some shows are about who you know rather than what you bring. Could be wrong but certainly some going on. Yours is show worthy pure and simple. So clean.

I got my wheels refurbed n baby blue'd, and there sitting in the garage. cba to drive around and get them scratched on day 1, especially as the golf is a daily drive atm.  
@PSW - "Candy white ones are the nicest and fastest"

Offline chrisr763

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #127 on: February 24, 2013, 11:04:23 pm »
ill get a link for you tomorow mine over hung so i cut it down i also complianed and got a refund of 42.50 for the inconvinience because it states perfect
i told them it definatly isnt and asked for compensation and fair play they gave me something

Which bit did you cut down? How did you manage that? :P

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Golf-MK5-5-GTI-GT-Rabbit-Front-Bumper-Chin-Spoiler-Lip-Sport-Valance-Splitter-/221181243075?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item337f6deec3

?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 11:08:18 pm by chrisr763 »

Offline josh newman

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • Gt Tdi naughty naughty
    • Email
« Reply #128 on: February 25, 2013, 06:34:57 am »

Still waiting! wtf! Jus go in the car park and do your own show. Seems the way. Can't help but think some shows are about who you know rather than what you bring. Could be wrong but certainly some going on. Yours is show worthy pure and simple. So clean.

I got my wheels refurbed n baby blue'd, and there sitting in the garage. cba to drive around and get them scratched on day 1, especially as the golf is a daily drive atm.  
[/quote]

I no mate sent about 18 emails and got one reply asking if I had a picture of it finished
Which I sent him last night I phoned about 5 times I u d'état and there busy but and answer would be
Nice man wicked have you got any pics of your wheels done blue ?

Offline josh newman

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • Gt Tdi naughty naughty
    • Email
« Reply #129 on: February 25, 2013, 06:38:31 am »

Which bit did you cut down? How did you manage that? :P

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Golf-MK5-5-GTI-GT-Rabbit-Front-Bumper-Chin-Spoiler-Lip-Sport-Valance-Splitter-/221181243075?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item337f6deec3

That's the one I there is a lip that run s across the top of the splitter that slots into your
Bumper the lip is to wide so all u do is get a Stanley knife and cut it away until it fits

?

Offline chrisr763

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #130 on: February 25, 2013, 08:09:05 am »
Thanks josh! May have to get one!

Offline Grande_GTi

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 41
  • -Receive: 16
« Reply #131 on: February 25, 2013, 09:44:20 am »
Looks spot on mate

Loving the rear end on it

instgram @ricky_grande

check out @lowlife_official

MK5 GTi OEM+

Offline GTI-Ross

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 26
  • Learning All The Time :)
    • Email
« Reply #132 on: February 25, 2013, 02:46:07 pm »
think the interior would give me headache away a few hours, one good point its very unique  :congrats:
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | VWR SubFrame Mount | VibraTechnics Upper Engine Mount | VibraTechnic Transmission Mount | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

MK5 GTI - DSG + Extras (Sold because DSG was Soooo Boring !!!)

Offline estorilben

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #133 on: February 25, 2013, 05:09:31 pm »
Mate firstly your car is looking ace! But more than anything I absolutely love your rims , I know they're reps, but still look the mutts..... Can I ask where you got them, and if you don't mind sharing, how much they set you back??

Also, is the GTI rear end just a straight swap?

Good work tho mate, it's coming on really well!!  :happy2:

Offline josh newman

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • Gt Tdi naughty naughty
    • Email
« Reply #134 on: February 25, 2013, 05:48:49 pm »
Mate firstly your car is looking ace! But more than anything I absolutely love your rims , I know they're reps, but still look the mutts..... Can I ask where you got them, and if you don't mind sharing, how much they set you back??

i got them from dgt wheels and tyres they have an online site good lads and do a deal for cash the wheels were a good price 450 with staggerd off set
he chucked the fitment of tyres and balancing new wheel nuts and 2 sets of centre caps

Also, is the GTI rear end just a straight swap?

yeah just a straight swap mate

Good work tho mate, it's coming on really well!!  :happy2:

thanks for all the posative comments means alot

think the interior would give me headache away a few hours, one good point its very unique  :congrats:

mate it is well worth the head ahce trust me not as bad as the head ahce fitting the dash haha when you see it in person it looks  so much better
i can suffer a head ahce for the look of it