Make a donation

Author Topic: Kids and footballs!!!  (Read 1984 times)

Offline winrya

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 16
Kids and footballs!!!
« on: July 10, 2009, 06:37:00 pm »
Not impressed! Strolling past my car once at work this morning I stumbled on this lovely gift from the 5 year old kids in my street.

A lovely football scar.  I could feel it with my finger so was rather angry all day thinking It was there to stay.

Luckily, 20 mins with the machine polisher and i was left with a nice smooth finish again.

Good news, my ed30 splitter is painted - Bad news, can't fit it until Monday.  Pic's to follow

Ryan

Offline snapey

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 22
    • Email
Re: Kids and footballs!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2009, 06:40:26 pm »
At least you managed to get it out dude, I ended up getting left with a 2" dent on the tailgate.

Still meaning to get a quote on PDR.

Luke
If you have to ask why, you'll never understand.

Offline rainking

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
  • Der See Ruft.
    • World of Win
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2009, 06:44:37 pm »
 :mad: that sort of thing boils my P*ss.....

The kids in our close do the same, I've lost count of the number of times I've asked them to watch the cars!!

I try not to be too whiney about it though, cos I used to play football in the street when i was a kid.... but I'd bust a gut to make sure the ball stayed WELL away from parked cars.....

It seems the little treasures here don't even give it a second thought!  :rolleye: :fighting:

Andrew
SP VW 97 'Crew Chief'
RNJ Motorsport::Retro Motoring

Offline gazbutS3

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 55
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2009, 08:27:25 pm »
don't get me started, footballs are bad enough, I caught 1 of the little cherubs in my close smakin a proper golf ball about with a full size club, when I pulled him up and took the ball and club back to his dad he couldn't understand what the problem was :fighting:  this was 2 days after I saw him kickin his football boots off his feet and it landing on the roof of the other halfs car, I blame the rents if they instilled some respect for other people and their property into them they wouldn't do it.       

rant over thank you :laugh:

ps my car lives in the garage now :happy2:

Offline snapey

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 22
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2009, 08:30:29 pm »
don't get me started, footballs are bad enough, I caught 1 of the little cherubs in my close smakin a proper golf ball about with a full size club, when I pulled him up and took the ball and club back to his dad he couldn't understand what the problem was :fighting:  this was 2 days after I saw him kickin his football boots off his feet and it landing on the roof of the other halfs car, I blame the rents if they instilled some respect for other people and their property into them they wouldn't do it.       

rant over thank you :laugh:

ps my car lives in the garage now :happy2:

I tried to take that angle of attack but I'd end up causing more damage than leaving it outside with the garage being as tight as what it is  :signLOL:
If you have to ask why, you'll never understand.

Offline VC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 80
  • -Receive: 93
    • Very Cherry Stickers and Decals
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2009, 08:56:52 pm »
footballs?

pah

frizbees....dont get me started on frizbees and tourists in car parks  :fighting:

glad the damage polished out though dude  :happy2:

Offline winrya

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 16
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2009, 07:53:43 pm »
I'm very relieved a day later.  I'm far too obsessed to be able to put up with marks like that, if they didn't polish out i wouldn't have been able to enjoy the car until sorted.  Sorted would have been a respray and that an expensive mistake of someone elses!!

Its annoying when you damage the car yourself.  Its infuriating when someone else damages it and doesn't accept responsibility or even offer as much as an apology.  I've made it very clear with the neighbours that yes, mistakes and accidents happen but happening more than once is no accident and I'll be expecting them to take responsibility for the children in future.

I've got a pretty big drive with a garden either side, its sad but especially in future, the available parking for my cars will play a big part in my house buying decisions

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2009, 09:38:30 pm »
Good on you Ryan, you made a good job outta that!  :happy2: When I saw the first pic I feared the worst!

Offline john_o

• Thank You
  • -Given: 136
  • -Receive: 108
    • My Car Blog
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2009, 09:44:08 pm »
 :surprised:
was it wrapped in sandpaper ffs ?
Glad you got it sorted  :happy2:
Red ED35 5dr DSG