Make a donation

Author Topic: VW's Frozen Beast Countdown....  (Read 9312 times)

Offline andrewparker

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
Re: VW's Frozen Beast Countdown....
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2013, 07:28:16 pm »
Why would they make a big fuss about a MK6 Golf R Cabriolet? Everyone has known about it for ages. I can't even believe they're still going to try and sell it to be honest.

Offline Nodz

• Thank You
  • -Given: 73
  • -Receive: 103
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,29264.0.html
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2013, 07:43:08 pm »
Vortex posted it on their FB page and the full report on their site its the MK6 R cab.

http://www.vwvortex.com/news/volkswagen-news/mystery-r-model-frozen-in-ice-isnt-golf-7-r/

As you say with the MK7 out it makes you wonder why they are bothering, it should've come out 6months to a year ago

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2013, 07:54:32 pm »
As you say with the MK7 out it makes you wonder why they are bothering, it should've come out 6months to a year ago.

Completely agree.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2013, 08:06:07 pm »
It's beginning to look like pure marketing hype to try and sell the Mk6 R Cab.

The melting ice block is a great concept, but......

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline neg

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 7
  • gone old skool
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2013, 10:31:28 pm »
I agree too, think they have missed the boat on that one.

Someone's looked and thought - sh*t, how we gonna flog these.

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 44
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2013, 11:17:07 pm »
It's like they forgot to release it.

Completely pointless. Or just a way of getting rid of the rest of the Golf R body parts they had made because the Golf R undersold due to its ridiculous price.

Offline swgti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 6
  • GTI owners are born not manufactured!
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2013, 07:10:45 am »
It's like they forgot to release it.

Completely pointless. Or just a way of getting rid of the rest of the Golf R body parts they had made because the Golf R undersold due to its ridiculous price.

Probably right there but I bet the Mk6 R cab is still a ridiculous price too. I wonder if it was held up in development or something? Why on earth would you launch a new model of an old version just as you start to market the new one?
Laser Blue 3dr No 209683, Leather, Monza II's and a few other goodies...........GONE but not forgotten......now in an A4 S-Line Avant 170tdi......god I miss the Gti.

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2013, 09:30:51 am »
I bet it will be knocking on £35k, the Golf GTI cab is horrendously priced as it is.

Offline Nodz

• Thank You
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2013, 09:33:23 am »

Probably right there but I bet the Mk6 R cab is still a ridiculous price too. I wonder if it was held up in development or something? Why on earth would you launch a new model of an old version just as you start to market the new one?

The only company I can think of that do is Renault as they done it with the Clio and the 5 but they was basic campus models not top of the range £35k+ models

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2013, 10:40:24 am »

The only company I can think of that do is Renault as they done it with the Clio and the 5 but they was basic campus models not top of the range £35k+ models

Didn't VW sell both the MK2 Cab and MK3 cab way into the production of the newer models?

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2013, 10:42:10 am »

Didn't VW sell both the MK2 Cab and MK3 cab way into the production of the newer models?

Mk2 Cab didnt exist Nathan. But yes, they made the Mk1 cab until 1993/1994. Way past even the Mk2 production dates, into Mk3. And the Mk3.5 cab was into production well into the Mk4 model, but they facelifted it so it "looked" like the Mk4.

Offline Nodz

• Thank You
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2013, 10:43:19 am »

Pass, I'm a bit young to remember that. If VW have done this in the past with other cab versions of the golf then them doing it with the R is nothin new

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2013, 10:46:57 am »

Mk2 Cab didnt exist Nathan. But yes, they made the Mk1 cab until 1993/1994. Way past even the Mk2 production dates, into Mk3. And the Mk3.5 cab was into production well into the Mk4 model, but they facelifted it so it "looked" like the Mk4.

You know what I meant!  :P

Offline swgti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 6
  • GTI owners are born not manufactured!
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2013, 11:24:29 am »

Ah yes thats right, I remember my mate having a Mk1 cab, dark blue it was and IIRC it was a G or H reg, lovely car.
Laser Blue 3dr No 209683, Leather, Monza II's and a few other goodies...........GONE but not forgotten......now in an A4 S-Line Avant 170tdi......god I miss the Gti.

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2013, 01:08:44 pm »
Er, what? That screenshot is a Polo. General consensus is that VW are making a big fuss over the MK6 Golf R Cabriolet, launching it at Geneva etc.