Make a donation

Author Topic: Playstation 4..  (Read 2185 times)

Offline berg

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 38
Playstation 4..
« on: February 01, 2013, 12:39:05 pm »
http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2013/feb/01/sony-playstation-4-release-consoles-wiiu-xbox

Rumours abound of a platform/racing based MK 5 Golf Gti game - where you have to race Jonny C, Tony Danza and Hurdy and compete against end of level bosses such as Greeners, Red Robin and Steve P whist collecting modding tokens and helping a poor sucker Sammy to fix a KO4...
Diamond Black Pearl Edition 30, still going strong but now back to Stg 1

Offline Gtiain

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 66
  • -Receive: 19
    • Email
Re: Playstation 4..
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013, 12:47:48 pm »
Announcement on 20th feb  :laugh:

Little bit giddy for this but god only knows how much it's going to cost, the ps3 was £450 on release day!

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2013, 12:53:38 pm »
I thought about getting a PS4 but then I read about this: clicky

The only games I tend to buy brand new are well-known titles where I know what to expect. I'd be wary of spending cash on a game I'd play once and leave aside. Consequently, I prefer to buy some titles secondhand or bargain basement cheap.

I may actually end up switching to Xbox depending on the console releases. Hate getting COD maps a month later.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=df6mo1pkkajjlf7s45fiapikan&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2013, 12:55:21 pm »
Im more than happy with my PS3 to be honest, for the amount I use it.  :happy2:

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 44
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2013, 12:55:50 pm »
I thought about getting a PS4 but then I read about this: clicky

The only games I tend to buy brand new are well-known titles where I know what to expect. I'd be wary of spending cash on a game I'd play once and leave aside. Consequently, I prefer to buy some titles secondhand or bargain basement cheap.

I may actually end up switching to Xbox depending on the console releases. Hate getting COD maps a month later.

MS will also be concentrating on digital downloads with the Xbox. It will kill the 2nd hand game market and the likes of Game etc even further. I have no issue in digital downloads, as long as the costs become reasonable. Ive never brought one yet, as when its on sale with MS, its about £20, compared to some games being £5 pre owned.

Offline scottm72

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 7
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2013, 01:40:52 pm »
the ps4 will have coding built in to stop second hand ownership of games, once you register the game to your account it can only be accessed by yourself.
this will kill the second hand market.
dont quote me but im sure this information is correct  :fighting2:

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2013, 01:46:39 pm »
the ps4 will have coding built in to stop second hand ownership of games, once you register the game to your account it can only be accessed by yourself.

Similar system already out by where you register your game online with a one use code (provided with the game on new purchase)  and if bought second hand you have to pay the game company for your own code to access most of the games content.

Offline Kalpsn2000

• Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 56
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2013, 01:53:23 pm »

Similar system already out by where you register your game online with a one use code (provided with the game on new purchase)  and if bought second hand you have to pay the game company for your own code to access most of the games content.

Yes I understand for online content but they are trying to completely kill off the second hand market!!!
Diamond Black 2007 (56) Golf GTI 3Dr DSG ¦ 18" Monza II's ¦ Cruise control ¦ MFSW ¦ Highline ¦ Rear parking sensors ¦ PDT Stage 1 ¦ Forge Twintake ¦ H&R Sport Springs ¦ NQSBBK ¦ R32 Rear bumper ¦ BCS Powervalve Sports R32 style TBE ¦ Valeo LED Rear Lights ¦ Xenon lights with HID kit ¦ DNX521DAB ¦ 12mm Spacers all round ¦

Offline scottm72

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2013, 01:55:32 pm »

Yes I understand for online content but they are trying to completely kill off the second hand market!!!
makes billions for sony though if they can destroy the second hand market, would be a nightmare though paying top dollar for every game, you can see why they would want to implement it - if they can

Offline Kalpsn2000

• Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 56
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2013, 02:00:54 pm »
dont quote me but im sure this information is correct  :fighting2:

Similar system already out by where you register your game online with a one use code (provided with the game on new purchase)  and if bought second hand you have to pay the game company for your own code to access most of the games content.

makes billions for sony though if they can destroy the second hand market, would be a nightmare though paying top dollar for every game, you can see why they would want to implement it - if they can

Yeah can see that it would be very lucrative for them but very bad news for consumers. It would also mean you cannot take your games round to a mates place, unless you take your whole console :fighting:
Diamond Black 2007 (56) Golf GTI 3Dr DSG ¦ 18" Monza II's ¦ Cruise control ¦ MFSW ¦ Highline ¦ Rear parking sensors ¦ PDT Stage 1 ¦ Forge Twintake ¦ H&R Sport Springs ¦ NQSBBK ¦ R32 Rear bumper ¦ BCS Powervalve Sports R32 style TBE ¦ Valeo LED Rear Lights ¦ Xenon lights with HID kit ¦ DNX521DAB ¦ 12mm Spacers all round ¦

Offline scottm72

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2013, 02:05:19 pm »
dont quote me but im sure this information is correct  :fighting2:

Similar system already out by where you register your game online with a one use code (provided with the game on new purchase)  and if bought second hand you have to pay the game company for your own code to access most of the games content.

Yeah can see that it would be very lucrative for them but very bad news for consumers. It would also mean you cannot take your games round to a mates place, unless you take your whole console :fighting:
that's a good point, never thought of that

Offline Mikey-D

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2013, 02:13:35 pm »
I'm looking forwards to the next gen of consoles, I wonder how big the difference will be. I'll no doubt buy the PS4

Offline Gtiain

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 66
  • -Receive: 19
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2013, 02:28:46 pm »
I'm looking forwards to the next gen of consoles, I wonder how big the difference will be. I'll no doubt buy the PS4

I will also be buying one, bit apprehensive about price though! I won't be surprised if its £500+  :laugh:

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2013, 03:57:01 pm »
I was thinking price would be £550-600, I dont take my games round mates anyway, i take the console as I already have some downloaded games that we play anyway, its been coming for years...................

I have only ever bought new games anyway altho the only downside is that prices are likely to be fixed rather than negotiable (different suppliers)
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline JoeDarKa

• Thank You
  • -Given: 57
  • -Receive: 73
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2013, 05:06:40 pm »
Im not going to be happy if games are still £40-£50 if they are download only. I would be wanting PC game prices if they do go to digital download

GT Sport - Reflex Silver 2.0 TDI My Build