Make a donation

Author Topic: Need Help Finding Product Code for part !!!  (Read 570 times)

Offline GTI-Ross

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 26
  • Learning All The Time :)
    • Email
Need Help Finding Product Code for part !!!
« on: February 06, 2013, 08:44:03 am »
Hey guys,

I have taken my DSG gaiter off to replace with a red stitch one, but it has a black plastic frame that goes around the bottom of the gaiter so it can just clip into the DSG surround.

I have manged to snap the plastic frame, and now the gaiter keeps popping out. Anyone have any idea as im really struggling to find a part number, just hoping i dont have to replace the whole dam unit cause there like £200
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | VWR SubFrame Mount | VibraTechnics Upper Engine Mount | VibraTechnic Transmission Mount | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

MK5 GTI - DSG + Extras (Sold because DSG was Soooo Boring !!!)

Offline GTI-Ross

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 26
  • Learning All The Time :)
    • Email
Re: Need Help Finding Product Code for part !!!
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 03:26:08 pm »
Hey guys,

I have taken my DSG gaiter off to replace with a red stitch one, but it has a black plastic frame that goes around the bottom of the gaiter so it can just clip into the DSG surround.

I have manged to snap the plastic frame, and now the gaiter keeps popping out. Anyone have any idea as im really struggling to find a part number, just hoping i dont have to replace the whole dam unit cause there like £200

Anyone?
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | VWR SubFrame Mount | VibraTechnics Upper Engine Mount | VibraTechnic Transmission Mount | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

MK5 GTI - DSG + Extras (Sold because DSG was Soooo Boring !!!)

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 44
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
Re: Need Help Finding Product Code for part !!!
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2013, 03:51:58 pm »
I believe the frame is supplied as one single part with the shift lever and gaitor.

Your best bet is to find one on ebay.