Make a donation

Author Topic: Stolen Audi BBQ - Did they get what they deserved?  (Read 9391 times)

Offline tony_danza

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
Stolen Audi BBQ - Did they get what they deserved?
« on: February 08, 2013, 03:32:35 am »
Tough one this, whenever we see those "keys taken and car stolen" threads, there's always a few calling for their heads...

Well, seems a couple of thieves are now toast. I wouldn't wish this upon them, maybe being hurt a bit, but what a horrible way to go.

stolen Audi crashes killing 2 thieves
Sideways yo!

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
Re: Stolen Audi BBQ - Did they get what they deserved?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2013, 03:39:36 am »
Erm, no. Not in my opinion, but it's the risk they took.

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2013, 03:46:29 am »
This thread is pretty much tee'd up for a load of people saying death is an appropriate punishment for theft of a car.

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2013, 04:13:37 am »
It is, I wonder if now it's actually happened they'll reconsider? The impact it'll have on their families, for example.
Sideways yo!

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2013, 04:17:16 am »

I'm sorry but, although it's not exactly proportionate I have no sympathy. 

Offline GrayMK5GTI

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 125
  • -Receive: 247
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2013, 06:29:51 am »
A mate of mine had a brand new Audi Q5 nicked in Leeds. They went in his house & took the keys. Must have been watching the house and waiting for him to come home  :fighting:
NOW: 2015 Golf R DSG 5 Door, Lapiz Blue, 19s, Discover Nav, Reversing Camera
GONE:2007 Black GTI Edition 30 3dr

Offline MightyMullet

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 5
  • Penzance, Cornwall
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2013, 06:51:11 am »
Im not saying that people deserve to die for it at all but breaking in to someones house and taking the keys and the car is disgusting and they deserve everything they get. Id prefer they survived with extreme burns and/or disabilites so maybe they could learn from their actions! :mad:

Impact on their families? Im sure they are well proud 'what does your son do for a living?' 'he steals cars'! F**k em is what i say!

No sympathy at all!

Offline DaveB@Vagbremtechnic

• Trader - 2014
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 130
    • Vagbremtechnic.com
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2013, 07:23:49 am »
One has to ask if they'd have committed a hit and run in their attempts to escape would they have pulled over to check whether or not they did or did not hit that small child.

I suspect not.

Think it can be summed up by "live by the sword - die by the sword"

The die was cast the first time they took drugs or stole a car and got away with it imvho..

Offline james

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 19
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2013, 07:25:20 am »
i do have some sympathy, everyone makes mistakes in life.  

Would not wish anyone to die just get banged up and learn there lesson.

Offline Beddie

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 76
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2013, 07:30:49 am »
This thread is pretty much tee'd up for a load of people saying death is an appropriate punishment for theft of a car.

I'd agree that death via capital punishment is not proportionate for the crime of stealing a car, Though I'd say it was certainly an occupational hazard of your average car thief / joyrider, so whilst their demise was certainly a grim one I have not one ounce of sympathy I'm afraid..
The choice in this case would seem simple.. Do not carry out aggravated burglary/Do not steal car/Do not go on high speed joyride rampage = No risk of dying in a fireball
At any point they had the option to choose not to carry out this act and take chances with not only their own lives but those of the family they robbed and every other person using the roads that night, all too often an innocent party gets caught up in these type of crimes so im thankful that isn't the case this time round.
Pursuing a life of crime, especially one that involves driving stolen cars recklessly at high speed on the public roads obviously carries some risk and it has finally caught up with these two, so yes on some level they got exactly what was coming to them..

Tornado Red ED30 : Number 1644 - Gone

Carbon Grey Edition 35 - Here

Offline MightyMullet

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • Penzance, Cornwall
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2013, 07:34:13 am »
One has to ask if they'd have committed a hit and run in their attempts to escape would they have pulled over to check whether or not they did or did not hit that small child.

I suspect not.

Think it can be summed up by "live by the sword - die by the sword"

The die was cast the first time they took drugs or stole a car and got away with it imvho..

Absolutly spot on!

I'd agree that death via capital punishment is not proportionate for the crime of stealing a car, Though I'd say it was certainly an occupational hazard of your average car thief / joyrider, so whilst their demise was certainly a grim one I have not one ounce of sympathy I'm afraid..
The choice in this case would seem simple.. Do not carry out aggravated burglary/Do not steal car/Do not go on high speed joyride rampage = No risk of dying in a fireball
At any point they had the option to choose not to carry out this act and take chances with not only their own lives but those of the family they robbed and every other person using the roads that night, all too often an innocent party gets caught up in these type of crimes so im thankful that isn't the case this time round.
Pursuing a life of crime, especially one that involves driving stolen cars recklessly at high speed on the public roads obviously carries some risk and it has finally caught up with these two, so yes on some level they got exactly what was coming to them..

Very well said  :congrats:

Offline JoeDarKa

• Thank You
  • -Given: 57
  • -Receive: 73
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2013, 07:35:35 am »
If was their choice to steal the car so they deserve whatever consequences come from it.

GT Sport - Reflex Silver 2.0 TDI My Build

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2013, 07:39:31 am »

Impact on their families? Im sure they are well proud 'what does your son do for a living?' 'he steals cars'! F**k em is what i say!

It's pretty impossible to say until you know their circumstances. For example what if the two that died were 14-years-old, with good, honest parents struggling to bring their children up in one of Manchester's most deprived, crime-riddled areas where getting away from bad influences is nigh on impossible. What if they didn't know where their children were that night? Would you feel sorry for them then?

I'm only playing devil's advocate here, and trying to illustrate the point that people too easily draw dangerous assumptions in these cases. Equally they could have been career criminals from gutter families. No-one really knows.

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2013, 07:45:49 am »
If was their choice to steal the car so they deserve whatever consequences come from it.

There was a case may be 5 years ago in Scotland of a gang or criminals that enlisted child slaves bought from human traffickers and forced them to steal cars.

Again, to say it was their choice is an assumption.

Offline MightyMullet

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • Penzance, Cornwall
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2013, 07:54:39 am »

It's pretty impossible to say until you know their circumstances. For example what if the two that died were 14-years-old, with good, honest parents struggling to bring their children up in one of Manchester's most deprived, crime-riddled areas where getting away from bad influences is nigh on impossible. What if they didn't know where their children were that night? Would you feel sorry for them then?

I'm only playing devil's advocate here, and trying to illustrate the point that people too easily draw dangerous assumptions in these cases. Equally they could have been career criminals from gutter families. No-one really knows.

Well i say they shouldnt be letting their 14 year old to p*** around in Manchester at 10pm. Not to mention it was a bloody school night  :signLOL:

In all fairness we dont know the circumstances but its wrong no matter what they are, im just glad no one worth caring about got hurt!