Make a donation

Author Topic: USA road trip ideas?  (Read 581 times)

Offline Sonic6103

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
USA road trip ideas?
« on: February 11, 2013, 10:35:33 am »
Hi everyone,

I got married in October last year but have been really busy up to now so not been able to go on our honeymoon yet.

We had planned to go to Disney Land Florida for 10-14 days without our little lad as he's only 2 so we will take him when he's a it older. Due to certain things now changing we can't really go on any rides so are looking at doing a road trip around USA for 14 days.

Can anyone offer any good advice or even ideas of places to go? I'm looking at April or May time too.

Karl

Offline sarobertson1

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
Re: USA road trip ideas?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 10:50:41 am »
Hi Mate,

Last June i did possibly one of the best trips ive done, did it over 2 weeks and had the best time through being able to spend loads of time in each location.

basically, i needed to be there for 2 dates a stag do and a wedding. as expected the stag do kicked off the preceding in Vegas, I wont bore you with the details but Vegas is a must especially as you wont have the little one with you!

The real road trip then started, a rough recap of route 1 went a bit like this;

• Vegas!
    San Diego
    LA
    Santa Barbra
    San luis Obispo - ended up at a college frat party exactly like something from american pie!
    Monterey
    Santa Cruz
    San Jose
    San Fransico
    Then up to wine country
    Napa Valley
    St Helena

The route went through from the big party places all the way up to the more relaxed and chilled out sides of the states - throughout the trip the people, the places and the wine were amazing! thoroughly recommend it!

Cant think of anything better to do for a honeymoon!

Good Luck

Offline Sonic6103

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 11:00:25 am »
Thanks a lot for that, I'll have a google of all these places later on but looks like a nice choice of places anyway :)

Thanks again

Offline sarobertson1

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2013, 11:10:28 am »
Yea, the places we dropped into are certainly worth a visit once in your life.

It gives you everything you might possibly need too, even in the party places there are quiet things to do and vice versa - something to fit your mood!

the national parks are worth a visit and you always have Laguna Seca Raceway not far from monterey.... bit of cork screw action?!