Make a donation

Author Topic: Oscar Pistorius  (Read 3783 times)

Offline rich83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=66b3ch3mj99b8pdj96e7rpc7ss&/topic,19740.0.html
Oscar Pistorius
« on: February 14, 2013, 01:05:50 pm »
.... shot his gorgeous girlfriend.

WTF!!!!

Offline marko

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 33
    • Email
Re: Oscar Pistorius
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2013, 01:19:29 pm »
apparently he thought there was an intuder!!
not uncommon in SA to shoot people in the home
 :stupid:
2007 TR gt170...heated leather,underseat drawers,auto-levelling bi-xenons,puddle leds,chrome switches,footwell lights f+r,cruise control and ed30 rear lamps,LED interior....carbon highline clocks,ed30 front spoiler,RNS 510 P+MDI,mk6 gti gearknob,TPMS done,complete r32 trim kit+ MFSW,r32 f+r brakes,RLS fitted.headlamp washers,folding mirrors and boot pop,mk6 RVC,19"Helios,AP coilies,valeo LEDs  ...dpf delete and remap to finish off

Offline liver

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 15
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2013, 01:33:05 pm »
been charged now aswell,

two shots, one to her head and one to her arm

police have relased a statement sayin 'he doesnt really have a leg to stand on'

sorry couldnt resist
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 02:37:49 pm by liver »

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2013, 02:33:09 pm »
They've also released a statement confirming reports of a domestic disturbance between him and his girlfriend earlier in the evening. He's been charged with murder.

Offline JoeDarKa

• Thank You
  • -Given: 57
  • -Receive: 73
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2013, 03:35:27 pm »
How mental

GT Sport - Reflex Silver 2.0 TDI My Build

Offline JJ

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 5
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2013, 07:24:38 pm »
It's a shocking story.  I seem to recall a former SA rugby player shooting his daughter dead after mistaking her for a car thief in the early hours a few years ago.  SA sounds like a dreadfully dangerous place yet stunningly beautiful or so I've heard.  Has anyone been?

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2013, 07:35:53 pm »
It's a shocking story.  I seem to recall a former SA rugby player shooting his daughter dead after mistaking her for a car thief in the early hours a few years ago.

It was reported this morning that he'd shot her mistaking her for an intruder but the police have since said they are "very surprised" by those rumours and that they didn't come from them. They are also reported to have said there have been domestic incidents at the house in the recent past, and that there were reports of an incident earlier in the evening when the shooting took place. It does, unfortunately, seem like he has murdered her in cold blood.

Offline Squeeguk

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 28
    • Avante Auto - Still under construction
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2013, 07:41:39 pm »
South Africa, like most of Africa, is not a place for the faint hearted. Thing is, it's something one learns to live with unfortunately. If it wasn't for my wife wanting to stay in the UK due to safety fears, I would have moved back many years ago.

Even with all the crime, it's still one of the best places to live. The lifestyle, the food, the people (in general) and the beauty and variety of the country itself are an intoxicating mix. I miss it dearly, daily.

It's like anywhere in the world really, there are places you wouldn't go and places you do go, things you do and things you don't do. Having said that, you always have to be on alert and aware of things around you. In Africa, local knowledge is power, but then again, when your numbers up, it's up no matter what.

I hope this was an unfortunate accident for Oscar's sake, only time will tell. I think far too many people have passed judgement without knowing the full story.

Avante Auto - For all your Auto Electronics and Car Audio needs including retrofits down South
PM me or call 0845 116 8870 for advice or pricing. Special Discount for Forum members

Offline markymark

• Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 55
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2013, 09:22:02 pm »
Roses are red, violets are glorious, don't try and surprise Oscar Pistorius! :laugh:

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2013, 09:25:00 pm »
After his exploits last summer I think it's a bit of a shame if it's proven that it was more than an accident.  :sad1:

Offline Jussa

• Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 12
  • Bicester
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2013, 06:16:34 am »
South Africa, like most of Africa, is not a place for the faint hearted. Thing is, it's something one learns to live with unfortunately. If it wasn't for my wife wanting to stay in the UK due to safety fears, I would have moved back many years ago.

Even with all the crime, it's still one of the best places to live. The lifestyle, the food, the people (in general) and the beauty and variety of the country itself are an intoxicating mix. I miss it dearly, daily.

It's like anywhere in the world really, there are places you wouldn't go and places you do go, things you do and things you don't do. Having said that, you always have to be on alert and aware of things around you. In Africa, local knowledge is power, but then again, when your numbers up, it's up no matter what.

I hope this was an unfortunate accident for Oscar's sake, only time will tell. I think far too many people have passed judgement without knowing the full story.

Where you from mate??  Born and bred in Cape Town me  :happy2:  been in the UK since 96, and as you say, SA is only as dangerous as what you know/don't know, otherwise an extremely beautiful place to visit.
Although if anybody is planning a visit I'd only recommend Cape Town - not being biased, but it is way ahead the safest place in the country.
2010 3dr phantom black S-Tronic S3 - BCS TBE with 3½" DP - LOBA LO4xx turbo - LOBA HPFP - Revo CAI - H&R 25mm lowering springs - Forge 11mm spacers - RS4 fuel Pressure valve - THS intercooler - H&R front and rear ARB's - AEM water methanol injection

Offline Squeeguk

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 28
    • Avante Auto - Still under construction
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2013, 08:55:10 am »
I'm a Durban boy. Beach boy surfer all the way........... When I was much younger of course.

Avante Auto - For all your Auto Electronics and Car Audio needs including retrofits down South
PM me or call 0845 116 8870 for advice or pricing. Special Discount for Forum members

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2013, 10:14:23 am »
Never heard of him  :signLOL:

But reading the posts it seems he was a rugby player (which explains why I not heard of him)
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline Sonic6103

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2013, 10:42:06 am »
Never heard of him  :signLOL:

But reading the posts it seems he was a rugby player (which explains why I not heard of him)

He's an double amputee sprinter, was in the Olympics and Paralympics too and has set various records. Not sure about the rugby side of things though, I've never heard anything about him playing rugby

Offline mad_pete

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2013, 11:12:59 am »
It's the blade runner guy. The rugby reference is about someone else