Make a donation

Author Topic: Damaged delivered wheels  (Read 880 times)

Offline Stanipkiss

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 15
Damaged delivered wheels
« on: February 21, 2013, 09:30:15 am »
Hello all

Just received delivery of wheels (used paisley freight) and they have arrive damaged  :surprised: they will no doubt need a refurb now (chunks out).
Who should i talk to first?
The seller? They only packed them with cardboard and black bags (no bubble wrap)  I did send seller the packing guidelines and print off lables
Paisley freight?

I have never had wheels delivered via courier before so not sure who to approach first.
I paid everything through Paypal if that helps.
Any help with this is appriciated
Thanks in advance
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 09:33:39 am by tdijetta »

Mk5 Jetta 2.0l Tdi 140 se Apex RDX coilovers, BBS VZ003, Skyline tails, Genuine Xenons more to come

Offline GTsport

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 7
Re: Damaged delivered wheels
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2013, 10:18:58 am »
I'd attack it from both angles mate.

Inform the seller of the problem, so that he can get in touch with the courier and begin a claim. And speak to the courier direct as well so that they are doubly aware of the issue!

Offline andyR43

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 32
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2013, 10:20:39 am »
As you know Paisley freight will insure your wheels for accidental damage or loss only if you have the wheels wrapped in cardboard and bubble wrap. As the seller did not wrap the wheels in bubble wrap your insurance with them is invalid.
If you made it clear to the seller that the wheels should be wrapped in bubble wrap, and they did not do so, then the way forward is to speak to the person who sold you the wheels and advise them of the problem. Most people in situations like this are quite helpful and fair.

Keeping it original..............or not!!

Offline liver

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2013, 10:24:05 am »
make sure you take lots of pics of how they arrived etc also

Offline marko

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 33
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2013, 11:19:45 am »
ahh..thats a pita man..!!!
2007 TR gt170...heated leather,underseat drawers,auto-levelling bi-xenons,puddle leds,chrome switches,footwell lights f+r,cruise control and ed30 rear lamps,LED interior....carbon highline clocks,ed30 front spoiler,RNS 510 P+MDI,mk6 gti gearknob,TPMS done,complete r32 trim kit+ MFSW,r32 f+r brakes,RLS fitted.headlamp washers,folding mirrors and boot pop,mk6 RVC,19"Helios,AP coilies,valeo LEDs  ...dpf delete and remap to finish off

Offline Stanipkiss

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2013, 09:42:21 pm »
Thanks guys

I contacted the seller and he suggested i get in touch with the insurer (paisley) I did and forwarded pictures of damage to them to decide on what happens from here. I will chase again tomorrow.

If the insurance covers the damage, this means only 2 will get refurbed.

Is this acceptable as after refurb I may have 2 pairs of wheels that are different colours?

Thanks

Mk5 Jetta 2.0l Tdi 140 se Apex RDX coilovers, BBS VZ003, Skyline tails, Genuine Xenons more to come

Offline sub39h

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 84
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2013, 10:05:54 pm »
i think if your claim is successful you should count your blessings and just go for the two and run them both on the same side so nobody can tell if there's a slight colour difference
2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line
DSG | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler
PLANS: Stage 2+