Make a donation

Author Topic: Newbie from Colchester looking for Black ED 30  (Read 905 times)

Offline jjs

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Newbie from Colchester looking for Black ED 30
« on: February 24, 2013, 10:03:31 pm »
Hi all,

I'm new to this forum but certainly not to Golfs. having just been relieved of my MK4 R32 by a combination of a Vectra and Admiral Insurance, I'm now on the look out for a Black, low mileage, manual, Edition 30 preferably with 5 doors and Sat Nav. (dont ask for much! :party:)

Anyone got one they are thinking of selling but not put up for sale yet? I've had a look about in the usual places but don't think i've quite seen the one yet that has got me on the phone and booking in viewings.

If you've got one with the criteria above and thinking of selling please send me a message. Thanks for reading this. I guess i should also post in the Wanted section but also wanted to say hello  :drinking: and see how many of you are in the Colchester area.

cheers
Jon

Offline garrardrj

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 76
  • -Receive: 42
  • EX 2007 Golf Edition 30 owner in Suffolk
    • Email
Re: Newbie from Colchester looking for Black ED 30
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2013, 10:49:37 pm »
I'm in Ipswich . Don't think you can read PM's yet , get posting and you soon can .

Would suggest you also give your max budget

R32UK's Black one in the For Sale is a bargain and he needs rid of it  :innocent:
2015 Golf R White 5 Door Leather DCC Dynaudio Pretorias
2009 Land Rover Freelander HSE - Workhorse
2007 Mk 5 Golf GTI Edition 30 - SOLD

Offline eltel

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2013, 04:35:15 pm »
Hi im in braintree ,i got my eddy last september had long drive to yorkshire to get it but it was worth it.
be patient the right one will come along  :happy2:

Offline jjs

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2013, 07:48:48 pm »
Thanks guys, good to see a couple of locals on here. R32UK'S looks great and helped me decide its time to change from Silver, had silver mk4 gti turbo, silver V5, silver V6, silver mk4 R32 (recently deceased or heading for Cat D return) Liking the ED 30 idea as reminds me of my old mk1 gti campaign (lhasa green). I also had a Corrado Storm for 7 years and thinking now that was the one thats got away. So hoping the ED 30 will rekindle my golf flame so want it to be right. My R32 only had 60k on a 53 plate so in don't want to go higher than that in mileage.

Budget 9-10k, Black, ED30, manual and sat nav, sub 50k. Maybe asking too much and don't intend to offend anyone but if my search proves fruitless I may go for another R.....in black:-)

Cheers.

Offline garrardrj

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 76
  • -Receive: 42
  • EX 2007 Golf Edition 30 owner in Suffolk
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2013, 07:59:25 pm »
Good luck keeping it looking clean then ! My old VR6 was black and bought that from Stanway about 8/9 years ago or more . Will never have another , spend 2/3 hours cleaning it and then overnight just dew makes a mess of it ! Silver is best , alot less effort . Told my son this but he still insisted on a Balck GTI ! Bet he doesn't have another balck one , he's like me oddly  :rolleye:

You will be very very lucky to get an ED30 with under 50k for under £10k
2015 Golf R White 5 Door Leather DCC Dynaudio Pretorias
2009 Land Rover Freelander HSE - Workhorse
2007 Mk 5 Golf GTI Edition 30 - SOLD

Offline jjs

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2013, 09:16:40 pm »
Now you mention it GARRARDRJ having all those silver Golfs before possibly made me lazy at washing them as they stayed looking good for longer. Or maybe it was something to do with having 2 young kids keeping me busy. 2007BC (Before Children!) i used to be out cleaning my cars at least once a week. When kids came along i've even dare i say been to Homebase for a wash! What was i thinking!  :stupid:

If i go for find a Black or Grey ED30 i'm sure that will make me hand wash more. Which is only a good thing right?   :happy2:

Offline jjs

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2013, 02:10:19 pm »
2 more posts before I become the PM...Quite a responsibility.  :laugh:

Offline TimH

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You