Make a donation

Author Topic: Hose Pipe Filter??  (Read 4317 times)

Offline rskardon

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 4
Hose Pipe Filter??
« on: July 20, 2009, 05:43:07 pm »
I have relativley hard water in my area (Chalky) does anyone know of any good filtering systems, i guess if you could remove all the chalk then once you had sheeted the water off you could (if you're in a lazy mood) almost get away without drying it,

any thoughts?

Thanks,

R

Offline autoperfection.com

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 28
  • autoperfection.com
    • autoperfection shop
    • Email
Re: Hose Pipe Filter??
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2009, 01:19:35 pm »
I think that Moschops has a filter system so it may be worth getting his opinion..... :smiley:

Offline NEWEY

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 9
    • Flickr
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2009, 01:40:28 pm »
i have an r0 filter system :) its used for the salt water fishtank but i also use it after a wash

TSR powered 1.9 16v mk2 Golf GTI
TSR big turbo mk5 golf gti

Offline Moschops

• Thank You
  • -Given: 118
  • -Receive: 23
  • Edition 30 No 2275
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2009, 12:26:04 pm »
Okay I'm here...we live in a hard water area and have installed a Culligan Water Genie, this is connected to the inlet flow into house under the kitchen sink. We have also has a separate filter system for the drinking water.

The water genie is brilliant and I must admit to leaving on when I wash the car as it makes a world of difference as it deson't streak and also the water marks instead of marking the car can now be removed easily.

They cost about a £1k all in with fitting etc but shop around as some companies will do you a good deal on them, the only thing you need to factor in is the salt about 1 bag every couple of months and an annual service plus the new filter for the drinking water system.

http://www.wrekinwatersofteners.co.uk/wrekinwatersofteners/final.asp?id=95

This is a link to the company that supplied, fitted and look after ours....very helpful, ask for Graham if you call for any advice...tell Sonia and Wayne gave you the details... :happy2:

Sorry for not much detail as I'm on a neighbours PC due to mine dying..... :fighting2:
Cheers,

Wayne

Offline rskardon

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2009, 05:35:20 pm »
Thanks for your answer, £1k is a bit steeper than i was looking for, i'm sure i saw an in-line filter for a hose sometime for closer to £100 but i cant remember where i saw it, I'll keep searching,

R

Offline keith

• Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 32
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2009, 07:32:05 pm »
I am sure i seen some for about £45 for hoses.

Offline Tarmac_Terrorist

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2009, 11:23:20 pm »
I bought a resin filter earlier this year and is really is brilliant. You can genuinely get away with not drying the car off at all if you wish. I bought mine from here:

http://www.daqua.co.uk/divessels.htm

Here it is being used in anger:

I have been using it regularly for about 3 months for my fish tank water and rinsing 2 cars weekly and my TDS meter is still showing  a perfect 0ppm. I bought the 16.5l version which cost around £140 if I remember correctly.

Can thoroughly recommend.   :happy2:

Offline joesgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 35
  • Eat my sick, Eat my sick.
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2009, 01:09:32 pm »
i didnt realise you couldnt drink tap water all over the country! our water is fresh as you like!  :party:

If you need any games consoles or games, accessories, etc etc, PM me for my best price,

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2009, 01:20:06 pm »
i didnt realise you couldnt drink tap water all over the country! our water is fresh as you like!  :party:

:grin: :grin: :grin:   You can drink inside tap water anywhere i imagine. this problem is about the water being hard.
Every time they go to connect the hose a little voice comes out the tap telling them to f#ck off.  :laugh:

Offline rskardon

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2009, 07:24:05 pm »

I bought a resin filter earlier this year and is really is brilliant. You can genuinely get away with not drying the car off at all if you wish. I bought mine from here:

http://www.daqua.co.uk/divessels.htm

Here it is being used in anger:

I have been using it regularly for about 3 months for my fish tank water and rinsing 2 cars weekly and my TDS meter is still showing  a perfect 0ppm. I bought the 16.5l version which cost around £140 if I remember correctly.

Can thoroughly recommend.   :happy2:

That looks pretty good, budget wise a lot more attainable too, thanks!,

R

Offline yin

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 77
  • -Receive: 18
  • Seat Leon Cupra Tfsi Its nearly a Golf
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2009, 08:25:12 pm »
The cheapest option is a AquaGleam  http://www.theultimatefinish.co.uk/aqua-gleam/0ppm-de-ionising-water-filter-12.aspx

but washing 2 cars twice a week it only last about a year were the vessels are refillable .

I know have a ro man system   http://www.ro-man.com/shop/product_info.php/cPath/22_88/products_id/318?osCsid=936aa443eec2d207c44bd244bd80abd1  but you can not use this from the hose you have to make the water up before hand and you do get a lot of waste water which can be used for other things

Offline rskardon

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2009, 10:34:19 am »
The cheapest option is a AquaGleam  http://www.theultimatefinish.co.uk/aqua-gleam/0ppm-de-ionising-water-filter-12.aspx

but washing 2 cars twice a week it only last about a year were the vessels are refillable .

I know have a ro man system   http://www.ro-man.com/shop/product_info.php/cPath/22_88/products_id/318?osCsid=936aa443eec2d207c44bd244bd80abd1  but you can not use this from the hose you have to make the water up before hand and you do get a lot of waste water which can be used for other things

That's the one I was thinking of (Aquagleam), definitely looks like the simplest option, have you tried it yourself?

R

Offline yin

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 77
  • -Receive: 18
  • Seat Leon Cupra Tfsi Its nearly a Golf
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2009, 11:01:06 am »
Yes used one for a year had the 0ppm one . Worked fine but at £45 a time i changed to the RO one at £100 plus £12 filters  every 18 months or so.

Offline Jules86

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 46
    • Forumwars
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2009, 04:32:44 pm »
Go for an aquagleam. Believe it or not the flash system is very good for filtering water to use for the after rinse!

Offline rskardon

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2009, 07:49:54 pm »
Yeah, i thought of that as its a damn cheap option, but its now been discontinued so I cant find new ones,

I guess it didnt sell too well,

R