Make a donation

Author Topic: Good iPhone deals  (Read 2322 times)

Offline vRS Carl

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 282
  • -Receive: 240
  • I'm the F.A.G (Forum Apple Guru)
Re: Good iPhone deals
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2013, 08:42:15 pm »
I specifically asked when i got it and the guy in the 3 Shop in Darlington assured me that with The One Plan you just automatically go on it. I don't think it's the sim i think you will just get a carrier update in iTunes to enable the 4G (i could be wrong though). The wife is going on to the same plan when i go into Darlington again tomorrow so will ask them again to confirm and if a new sim is required.  :happy2:

Offline Nodz

• Thank You
  • -Given: 73
  • -Receive: 103
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,29264.0.html
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2013, 10:19:45 am »
I'm looking into moving from Vodafone to 3 as been with them for Years and try are getting worse.

The unlimited data is what's drawing me to them and the price, then O2 works out best next except data is capped but no where near as bad as Vodafone/EE.

Do 3 have their own masts now or do they still piggy back in another network

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
  • -Given: 282
  • -Receive: 240
  • I'm the F.A.G (Forum Apple Guru)
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2013, 04:42:36 pm »
As far as I know they have their own masts. They do use orange for 2g voice & txt if no 3G around in rural areas but even in the middle of some military trg areas I have been able to get 3G with it.

I also confirmed today that if you are on The One plan you will automatically go on to 4G when it is broadcast as long as you have a 4G LTE phone. No new sim required. They are aiming for 20-25mbps in rural areas and 40-50mbps in major cities.