Make a donation

Author Topic: Unlucky sister  (Read 1396 times)

Offline stealthwolf

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
Unlucky sister
« on: March 06, 2013, 05:47:45 pm »
Sister bought a secondhand car (207 3dr)from pug dealer - still in warranty etc. Just before Xmas, she was shunted from behind. Was stationary at a set of traffic lights on the way out from the car park at work. Another vehicle hit her from behind at low speed ~10 mph. Suspect the driver was distracted as they should have noticed car in front and red traffic lights.

Currently going through insurance. Other side were trying to dispute it. Still ongoing. Minimal scuffs to rear bumper but was more concerned about any problems mechanically.

Today, she tells me she's managed to scrape the side of the car whilst going round a tight corner in carpark and hit it against the corner of a wall. There's a dent in the rear quarter + wheel arch. She's gutted as this was the first car she bought (inherited my old banger previously).

So, my main concern is how this will impact on the ongoing insurance issue. Is it likely to cause any problems? What if she decided to get it repaired? Suspect it would be cheaper to get the whole lot done in one go.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
Re: Unlucky sister
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 09:46:53 am »
Can't see any reason why it would have any bearing on a totally separate incident.

Also struggling to see how any insurer can pay any notice to anyone disputing a claim when they have hit someone from the rear?  :confused:

With regard the repair of the second incident, is it going through insurance or not? If it is then it won't make any difference to the cost of the repair if it's done at the same time as the first or not. If she is paying herself then I'm sure a deal could be done while the rear was being done.

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 10:19:48 am »
Get the whole lot repaired and pay without going through the insurance. Then when the second insurance levels in her favour just say that she had to have it repaired and it was £XXXX and get the repairer to just give details for the first prang.

^^^^^^ don't do this!^^^^^^

:wink:
Golf R gone.

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2013, 06:01:32 pm »
 :grin:

The damage. She's pretty gutted by it but have convinced her to get it all repaired and to put it behind her. The second incident isn't going through insurance.

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=pvpefveg4ncnv9qc86di74cna0&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2013, 06:02:38 pm »
.... girl..... say no more!  :happy2:

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2013, 07:09:20 pm »

TBH I have told her she drives too close to the nearside kerb when negotiating corners in a multistorey carpark. Think she was going down the ramps.

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=pvpefveg4ncnv9qc86di74cna0&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2013, 07:12:45 pm »

TBH I have told her she drives too close to the nearside kerb when negotiating corners in a multistorey carpark. Think she was going down the ramps.

Im sick of telling my g/f to drive away from the curb/parked cars... only a matter of time!

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2013, 07:27:31 pm »
My GF has a tendency to hit stationary objects too. The 4th incident involved a 10 plate BMW lol.

If that panel can be pushed out shouldn't be too bad to fix