Make a donation

Author Topic: Storm Developments  (Read 7567 times)

Offline Poverty

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
Re: Storm Developments
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2013, 09:08:26 pm »
I can thoroughly recommend these guys. Andy, Alex and Tim are all complete VW enthusiasts who love their work. I'm going there two weeks today actually.

Some of the cars they work on there are absolutely mental! All sorts of top-end RS Audis, Porsche and VW are usually on site. They do a lot of supercharging of the 4.2 V8, and have worked on loads of TFSi & TSI engined cars. They have a 700bhp Mk1 Audi S3 with the 2.5 TTRS engine!

I had a PDT map on my old car which was done at Storm, and I still get to drive it. It's a fantastic map, delivering power smoothly yet progressively throughout the rev range. This car is wonderful to drive, and the map was only £300!

I then got my new car and had one of Storm's own maps on this one, and again the car felt superb to drive. However, when I went back for a free update they wanted to give me, the ECU had a hissy fit, and i had to go for a Revo map instead, which is also very good, if a little aggressive in comparison to the smooth delivery of the other 2. But this was £600, and if you don't need the switcheability between stock, anti-theft, and 3 different performance settings, Isn't really worth paying double in my opinion.

To start with, these guys can provide you with an excellent Stage 1 map for a really good price, and will then offer you advice on further upgrades based on what's best for you and your particular car rather than what's best for lining their pockets.

Its not a TTRS/rs3 engine.

But yeah nice guys

What is it then? I thought Alex said it was from the TTRS?

Na, its a Naturally aspirated 2.5 5 cylinder as sold in north america in their base golfs and jettas. TTRS engine is a very different beast.

Offline Mk5 GTian

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 37
  • Wolfsburg - Probably the Best Cars in the World
« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2013, 09:16:21 pm »
I can thoroughly recommend these guys. Andy, Alex and Tim are all complete VW enthusiasts who love their work. I'm going there two weeks today actually.

Some of the cars they work on there are absolutely mental! All sorts of top-end RS Audis, Porsche and VW are usually on site. They do a lot of supercharging of the 4.2 V8, and have worked on loads of TFSi & TSI engined cars. They have a 700bhp Mk1 Audi S3 with the 2.5 TTRS engine!

I had a PDT map on my old car which was done at Storm, and I still get to drive it. It's a fantastic map, delivering power smoothly yet progressively throughout the rev range. This car is wonderful to drive, and the map was only £300!

I then got my new car and had one of Storm's own maps on this one, and again the car felt superb to drive. However, when I went back for a free update they wanted to give me, the ECU had a hissy fit, and i had to go for a Revo map instead, which is also very good, if a little aggressive in comparison to the smooth delivery of the other 2. But this was £600, and if you don't need the switcheability between stock, anti-theft, and 3 different performance settings, Isn't really worth paying double in my opinion.

To start with, these guys can provide you with an excellent Stage 1 map for a really good price, and will then offer you advice on further upgrades based on what's best for you and your particular car rather than what's best for lining their pockets.

But yeah nice guys

Na, its a Naturally aspirated 2.5 5 cylinder as sold in north america in their base golfs and jettas. TTRS engine is a very different beast.

So how have they got such huge power out of it?

Fun Golf: 2016 mk7 R DSG 3 door. Work Golf: 2015 mk7 1.4 TSI GT ACT 5 door.
Gone but not forgotten : mk2 Golf GTI 16v, mk4 Golf V6 4Motion, mk5 GTI Storm Developments Stage 1, mk5 GTI Revo Stage 1, BMW 330ci, Skoda Octavia VRS Revo Stage 2, BMW Z4 Sdrive35i.

Offline MattR32T

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 6
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2013, 09:27:10 pm »

But yeah nice guys

Are you on about the Yellow S3

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2013, 09:44:06 pm »

But yeah nice guys

So how have they got such huge power out of it?

They fitted a GT40 turbo  :signLOL:

Offline Dv21

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2013, 08:07:14 am »
Update about storm picked up car the other day and they have done a
Excellent job the car is running 345bhp big thanks to Andy, Tim and Alex great job guys  :drinking:

Offline b16vrg

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2013, 09:38:19 pm »
Yep,great guys. They looked after my mk2 vr6 very well, then they put a z-engineering charger on for me then I went down the R32 route which they carried out the conversion for me. I actually spoke with Andy the other day as I may be selling my mk5 GTI and getting a mk4 4mo and get them to rotrex that! They are always helpful and reliable as long as ive known them :happy2:

Offline Neiltdi

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 8
  • Full Hex+CAN
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2013, 10:24:01 pm »
Storm have the ecu for my mk2 vr6 to have an immobiliser defeat and so far they have been very helpful , hopefuly should have it back next week and then the mk2 will live :D
Full Hex+CAN in Hampshire.