Make a donation

Author Topic: My new 5000bhp VW  (Read 1498 times)

Offline Boothy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 32
  • All donations accepted, thanks.
My new 5000bhp VW
« on: March 11, 2013, 06:01:12 pm »
Only joking but who in there right mind on a VW site would give a BMW a second glance eh! :evilgrin:

Somehow I managed to give the new motor a much needed clean in the snow today  :confused:!

I was aiming to do a full machine polish but the weather just wasn't playing ball so I machined it with some Prima Amigo and topped it off with Menz Power Lock until I get more time. The wheels were the worst I have ever seen and after three applications of Wolfs Wheel Deironiser the majority of brake dust is gone. Not all mind and after all the scrubbing they are looking rather dull  :sad1:

If anyone has experience with this colour and can recommend me a top notch LSP then fire away . Seriously looking forward to giving it some real attention in the summer.

Offline Eccie

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 25
Re: My new 5000bhp VW
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2013, 06:15:06 pm »
Nice car Boothy, what's the spec?

As regards the colour it looks similar to my Audi, akoya silver, I use the Werkstat kit, prime & Jett, on mine (as recommend by Jay) and its very good
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 06:17:00 pm by Eccie »

Gone - Candy White MK5 Golf GTI (you never really forget your first true love...!)
MK7 Candy White GTI pp - you can never have enough eye candy

Offline Boothy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 32
  • All donations accepted, thanks.
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2013, 07:02:49 pm »
Nice car Boothy, what's the spec?

As regards the colour it looks similar to my Audi, akoya silver, I use the Werkstat kit, prime & Jett, on mine (as recommend by Jay) and its very good

I'd heard of the Werkstat kit mate and had considered it. Just a bit more than I wanted to shell out at the moment but maybe I'll have to if its as good as people keep telling me.

As for the motor its got the usual M-Sport extras - cruise, parking sensors, alcantara trim etc and the most important bit. A DMS remap pushing out 215bhp and 310lb/ft of poke! Its a nice compromise between efficiency and uumph.

Offline gobbleplease

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 64
  • -Receive: 48
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2013, 09:48:26 pm »
one of the best looking small saloons of all time IMO  :happy2:
MK5 EDITION 30 - CW - REVO S2+ - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

MK7 GTI - ARRIVING DECEMBER

MK2 GTI - RB - 1.8T - GARAGE QUEEN