Make a donation

Author Topic: Michelin - Money off voucher  (Read 1092 times)

Offline robern2

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 12
    • Email
Michelin - Money off voucher
« on: March 21, 2013, 05:30:55 pm »
Until the end of April, Michelin are offering money off vouchers when you purchase tyres.
Having purchased a pair of replacement PilotSport 3 today (£300 fitted), I'll be getting a £50 voucher.

Offline Tamiyoman

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
Re: Michelin - Money off voucher
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2013, 05:36:45 pm »
Purchased a pair of Michelin Primacy HP ZP (Runflats) 255/40/17 for my 330d on the 5th March (£390 fitted and free Nitrogen in all 4 tyres) and my Fuel card arrived today, its basically a Pre-paid Mastercard credit card, you need to ring and activate it and input your code then it issues you the pin number over the phone.

Very nice timing as I will be filling up in 2 weeks for my road trip to Austria (Snowboarding for my 40th Birthday), 2 cars with 4 in each car (My 330D Touring and a Mates Audi A4 2.0TDI) and my brother and another mate are flying over for my birthday (arriving day before and leaving same day we set off back, should be a grin  :happy2:)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 05:39:50 pm by Tamiyoman »
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline E30Dom

• Thank You
  • -Given: 42
  • -Receive: 76
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2013, 07:47:04 pm »
I did something similar with my good years... Got £40 of tesco fuel vouchers  which is paying for the diesel down to East Sussex this weekend in The mrs car, as mine only drinks v-power :-)
Diesel Daily Hack.

Offline Gtiain

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 66
  • -Receive: 19
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2013, 07:52:00 pm »
I did something similar with my good years... Got £40 of tesco fuel vouchers  which is paying for the diesel down to East Sussex this weekend in The mrs car, as mine only drinks v-power :-)

Bit off topic but how noticeable is the improvement when you put nitrogen in instead?

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 44
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2013, 12:11:07 pm »

Bit off topic but how noticeable is the improvement when you put nitrogen in instead?

Fifth Gear did a feature on this. They said there was no difference, and the tyre fitters equipment is not good enough to guarantee there is no moisture in the tyres as well as nitrogen.

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2013, 12:26:37 pm »
Not sure tbh, tyre pressures have not changed since 5th march tho, altho im not sticking my wheels and tyres in an oven (Not sure how that helped equate to mr and mrs Random driving the family hack down to tescos and back  :happy2:), I know when they did mine they said it was important to fill the tyres with nitrogen then release the pressure and then re-inflate to ensure as much Nitrogen in the tyre as possible, it was free so if it helps great, if not, no matter, I still check pressures every friday anyway  :happy2:

Car does not feel any different, although noticed the Michelin rear tyres were much quieter than the Bridgestones they replaced  :happy2: probably due to fact that the Michelins are 3db quieter than the Bridgestones.  :wink: :wink:

« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 12:30:37 pm by Tamiyoman »
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline berg

• Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 38
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2013, 10:58:15 pm »
just bought 4 michelin from love tyres, will the card come with them or do you have to ring up to get it?
Diamond Black Pearl Edition 30, still going strong but now back to Stg 1