Make a donation

Author Topic: Has anyone ordered a mk7 GTi?  (Read 13569 times)

Offline Deako

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 44
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
Re: Has anyone ordered a mk7 GTi?
« Reply #60 on: April 04, 2013, 11:08:16 pm »
must congratulate Wayside VW in Milton Keynes for being completely clue less on the Mk7 GTI and showing no interest whatsoever in trying to sell Mrs W one today

Sounds like a great dealership. :sad1:

The problem with franchised dealers. Some of them just sell what they know, don't research or have any interest in new/forthcoming models.

Offline dmac1969

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 21
    • Email
« Reply #61 on: April 04, 2013, 11:12:58 pm »
I doubt a 3 year old new golf GTi will be £15k more like £20k

I got mine at 4 years old for £13.8K , 3 door , white , 18s (mint and refurbed) , leather , 18500 miles , 2 services and MOTs free , cambelt and waterpump done , 12 months warranty and 6 months tax , from a VW Dealer. Fair enough it was an old shape by then , but Im not sure GTIs hold their value as much as they used to.
2005 Golf GTI 3 Door - Tornado Red. (2010 - 2012)

2008 Golf GTI 3 Door - Candy White , 18" Monza II's , Leather , Armrest , Rear Park sensors. (current car)

Offline wigit

• Thank You
  • -Given: 129
  • -Receive: 42
    • Email
« Reply #62 on: April 04, 2013, 11:19:57 pm »
must congratulate Wayside VW in Milton Keynes for being completely clue less on the Mk7 GTI and showing no interest whatsoever in trying to sell Mrs W one today

The problem with franchised dealers. Some of them just sell what they know, don't research or have any interest in new/forthcoming models.

i use a small dealer part of a larger group and they have been excellent on the last 4 cars bought, indeed they phoned us on 26 March and gave us a heads up, had some time to kill today so thought we'd try the waydarkside and they were shocking, the irony being we had visited two other parts of their group before hand, Richter in the morning who upgraded the software on Jayne's hands free kit FOC (its 4 years old) and their body shop who had both been excellent

Offline Eddie-NL

• Trader - 2014
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 298
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,56721.0.html
« Reply #63 on: April 04, 2013, 11:22:31 pm »
I doubt a 3 year old new golf GTi will be £15k more like £20k

I got mine at 4 years old for £13.8K , 3 door , white , 18s (mint and refurbed) , leather , 18500 miles , 2 services and MOTs free , cambelt and waterpump done , 12 months warranty and 6 months tax , from a VW Dealer. Fair enough it was an old shape by then , but Im not sure GTIs hold their value as much as they used to.

every model will be more expensive than the old model it replaces, your mk5 is not the old golf but the old old golf.
As I pointed out all new cars prices are rising and during the model there will be increases and used car value and those cars with the desired extras will command a premium
Genuine VCDS VAG-COM HEX-USB + Genuine Vag Commander + Genuine VAG Tacho + Genuine VAG CAN PRO  + RNS Manager for Video in Motion and New Pin Code for RNS510

Cluster and Key coding

Location Great Yarmouth

Retrofits fitted by me see my members rides

Offline taff-turbo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #64 on: April 04, 2013, 11:28:48 pm »
these days, I believe, to most average car buyers the selling price is to some extent irrelevant. whats more important is the monthly pcp repayment.
for me, I would never consider paying £35k for a car, but pcp would allegedly be £311 a month...... which could be very tempting  :surprised:

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #65 on: April 04, 2013, 11:30:36 pm »

i use a small dealer part of a larger group and they have been excellent on the last 4 cars bought, indeed they phoned us on 26 March and gave us a heads up, had some time to kill today so thought we'd try the waydarkside and they were shocking, the irony being we had visited two other parts of their group before hand, Richter in the morning who upgraded the software on Jayne's hands free kit FOC (its 4 years old) and their body shop who had both been excellent

But guess who will be getting your business now? Sloppy salesmanship has lost an interested party.

Glad the smaller dealer values their business more. Let us know how you get on!!  :smiley:

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
  • -Given: 117
  • -Receive: 340
    • My Project
« Reply #66 on: April 05, 2013, 06:38:17 am »
I had the same experience with about 5 dealers last week as well Andy  :fighting:

Offline jbc

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 8
« Reply #67 on: April 05, 2013, 06:41:41 pm »
I had the same experience with about 5 dealers last week as well Andy  :fighting:

A few years ago I walked into the VW dealer in Stockport to ask about the price of a Touran which my parents were looking to buy. The salesman refused to tell me what the price would be (other than the list price) unless I signed an order form first. I just walked straight out again. I couldn't believe how uninterested they were in selling cars!
2012 Mk6 GTD. Tornado Red. TPMS, RNS510 and reverse camera retrofit.

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #68 on: April 21, 2013, 09:56:39 am »
Decent review of the MK7 GTI in this months EVO magazine - though it is perhaps worrying that they say the MK6 is a more entertaining car.

Offline neg

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 7
  • gone old skool
« Reply #69 on: April 21, 2013, 10:08:25 am »
The mk6 is not rubbish, I have no doubt the mk7 will be better in some ways - well you would expect so !

I opted in the end for another R and I'm not disappointed in the slightest, it's such a brilliant all rounder and the build from a mk5 is much better.

Offline neg

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • gone old skool
« Reply #70 on: April 21, 2013, 10:10:03 am »
I am looking forward to seeing SteveP's though - the spec is pretty much what I was after and want to see the Oryx white in the sunshine - it should look ace.

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
« Reply #71 on: April 21, 2013, 10:37:12 am »
The MK6 is far from rubbish, but the last thing it needed to be is "safer". EVO tested a manual car with the Performance Pack, which I'd have wanted to offer a more interesting drive.

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #72 on: April 21, 2013, 10:38:56 am »
The MK6 is far from rubbish, but the last thing it needed to be is "safer". EVO tested a manual car with the Performance Pack, which I'd have wanted to offer a more interesting drive.

I think evo said the test car didnt have the performance pack.

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
« Reply #73 on: April 21, 2013, 10:46:07 am »
Quoted from the article: "We have a manual Performance Pack version of the car". Their car also had ACC.

Offline neg

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • gone old skool
« Reply #74 on: April 21, 2013, 11:32:32 am »
Anyone with any sense should have the performance pack surely. Second hand there going to be a popular choice.