Make a donation

Author Topic: Made a huge gaff  (Read 1854 times)

Offline Tomm

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Re: Made a huge gaff
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2013, 02:07:29 am »
this happened with my sister, last digit was wrong. Police never said much just asked for insurance documents and that was it.

Offline SteveyD

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2013, 08:22:45 am »
Once you call the insurance and have it changed they will send you a new cover letter. That cover letter will be dated after your son being pulled obviously.

You need a new cover letter and ask them to send you a letter explaining your son would have still been insured should he have had an accident.

This will take more than 7days so pop into your local station and they will extend this time for you.

Exactly that. If they don't play fair then you will end up in court.  Nothing to be frightened about as you will have the evidence to prove your in the clear and have the points dropped.

Offline Trekmeister

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 10
  • Golf GT 140
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2013, 05:28:52 pm »
Called insurance company who rectified mistake and said to ask the police to call them to confirm the vehicle would have been insured. Went to the police station in my local town and the receptionist was not very helpful and said she would just send the original and new insurance certificate off for them to decide.
Not happy with that so called Derbyshire constabulary and spoke to ticketing who were extremely helpful, took all the details etc and contacted the officer in question. Received a call back stating there would be no further action taken. Huge relief now that this has been resolved  :smiley:

Offline bakili

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 11
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2013, 06:29:34 pm »
Good result  :happy2:

I have 55 vehicles in our fleet, keeping rfl, mot and insurance up to date not easy task  :fighting: