Make a donation

Author Topic: Brake pads - general consensus.....?  (Read 4375 times)

Offline robern2

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 12
    • Email
Re: Brake pads - general consensus.....?
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2013, 07:36:32 pm »
They retail at £123.63 plus VAT for the S3/R32
They retail at 123.63 for the GTI Too....

Now get this M1155 for the GTI only £98.83

Thats plus VAT less discount plus shipping.

I can do better on those prices and much better if somebody wanted to organise a GB

Hoses
M1144/55
J Hook Discs
2 Litres Superblue

Anybody intersted

I'm interested.

Offline phoenix

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2013, 07:45:45 pm »
Me too, if we're talking about a group buy of standard 312 Mintex 1144 pads... if so what sort of price are we looking at mate? :smiley:

Offline DaveB@Vagbremtechnic

• Trader - 2014
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 130
    • Vagbremtechnic.com
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2013, 10:24:58 pm »
Thanks for the replies...... however I'm after pads just for road use with towing duties. The Golf being used on track was a one-off, just felt obliged to use it as the track car expired.

Guess I'll just buy some stock parts - they seemed fine and even lasted fine on track for shorter stints.

Dave B - are you able to supply OEM spec Porsche pads at prices to beat an OPC? Slightly off topic.....

Yes mate do a lot of stuff to porker owners, even export stuff on occasion. Got all the pagid RS Porsche pads on the shelf too

Me too, if we're talking about a group buy of standard 312 Mintex 1144 pads... if so what sort of price are we looking at mate? :smiley:

I'd be inside of the ebay price I'd hope to be about £80 plus VAT plus shipping.

I've got some plain discs (done about 15k) and some drilled/slotted discs (done about 7k) - is it best to get some new discs for new M1144 pads?  Or should either of those discs still have lots of miles left in them?
Will the drilled discs cause even quicker wear of the 44's?

Either discs will work well mate, M1144 isnt a hard pad they'll soon bed in if you follow the prescribed procedure for putting M1144 onto used discs

Offline Scottymon

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 83
  • -Receive: 125
  • UnNaturally Aspirated
  • My Ride: http://www.voodish.co.uk/misc/6n/6n-alive1.jpg
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2013, 10:50:38 pm »
I love the idea of better brakes for my GTI, it's about the only thing I don't really like.  Is it worth saving for some S3 brakes or is this M1144 pad that much better than standard?

Offline alackofspeed

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 24
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2013, 11:00:24 pm »

Dave B - are you able to supply OEM spec Porsche pads at prices to beat an OPC? Slightly off topic.....

Yes mate do a lot of stuff to porker owners, even export stuff on occasion. Got all the pagid RS Porsche pads on the shelf too

Thanks, that's useful to know. I could be tempted to try some Pagid pads when the current OEM ones wear out (probably a few months away, unless a track day is slipped in).