Make a donation

Author Topic: Edition 30 worth the premium?  (Read 1905 times)

Offline Frodo-anni

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 45
    • Email
Re: Edition 30 worth the premium?
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2013, 08:52:47 pm »
I nearly gave up looking for the right spec'd ED30, to go for a GTI with good spec in a certain colour.

Its all down to personal choice, make a list of must have's ie spec - 3/5 dr, dsg/manual, xenons, armrest, highline, then have a list of nice to have. Godd service history and condition is vital, i didnt want another silver car, but once i'd seen mine and spoken with the previous owner, it was very well looked after.
mk4 Anniversary pd No0341 - Sold
mk5 GTI Edition 30 DSG No0391

Offline Beddie

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 76
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2013, 08:55:14 pm »
LOL... well ill probably still have mine in 10 years... given thats its 5 door aka "kid proof"  :signLOL:

Wish I'd bought a more door, wouldn't be having for sale thoughts now!  :fighting:

Beddie, you want a silver 5dr, may have to go after my news this week  :happy2:

Yeah saw the bad news mate, gutted for you but I have my fingers crossed and I know something better will come of it for you in the end chap  :smiley:

Tornado Red ED30 : Number 1644 - Gone

Carbon Grey Edition 35 - Here

Offline howler

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2013, 10:36:06 pm »
Well I have no intention to mod it, I want a standard one and want to keep it that way

But going by the responses in this thread then I am starting to think I shouldn't compromise and go for the Edition 30

Also stuck on the DSG vs Manual, I've only driven a DSG for about 10 minutes, ideally I'd like to spend a good amount of time in one to see if the novelty wears off

Offline garrardrj

• Thank You
  • -Given: 76
  • -Receive: 42
  • EX 2007 Golf Edition 30 owner in Suffolk
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2013, 10:46:11 pm »
Auto Express magazine recon if you buy one now and keep it for 10yrs it will be worth the same then  :notworthy:

Well i'm keeping mine for at least 10 so we will know , you'll just have to remind me to update this thread then  :rolleye:
2015 Golf R White 5 Door Leather DCC Dynaudio Pretorias
2009 Land Rover Freelander HSE - Workhorse
2007 Mk 5 Golf GTI Edition 30 - SOLD