Make a donation

Author Topic: HELP - Bloody cars!!  (Read 2408 times)

Offline Johnny_tro

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 12
HELP - Bloody cars!!
« on: April 27, 2013, 08:27:02 pm »
thought I have everything sorted on the car, how wrong can one be. So can anyone please help me.....car is a 04 GT TDI

1. Bloody bonnet out cable has snapped. How do I now open the bonnet? How hard is this to replace?

2. When I pull away I get an almighty WHOOOOSHHH. Something is clearly blowing/gone?

:sad1:
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 08:41:14 pm by Johnny_tro »
'VANDALISED' MK5 GT :( - RNS510 H, Bluetooth Armrest, MDI, 50gb hard drive, I can't park  sensors, Cruise Control, Highline Display, MFSW, Heated Seats, Remote Aux Heating System (Heats and Vents) Winter Pack, Heated & Folding Mirrors, Puddle Lights, Xenons, Headlamp Washers, Heated Washers, Auto lights and wipers, LED's, GTI brakes,, black R32 roof lining, Scirocco Rear View, Rear Footwell Lights

Offline Johnny_tro

• Thank You
Re: HELP - Bloody cars!!
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2013, 08:41:40 pm »
 :sad1: :sad1:
'VANDALISED' MK5 GT :( - RNS510 H, Bluetooth Armrest, MDI, 50gb hard drive, I can't park  sensors, Cruise Control, Highline Display, MFSW, Heated Seats, Remote Aux Heating System (Heats and Vents) Winter Pack, Heated & Folding Mirrors, Puddle Lights, Xenons, Headlamp Washers, Heated Washers, Auto lights and wipers, LED's, GTI brakes,, black R32 roof lining, Scirocco Rear View, Rear Footwell Lights

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2013, 08:44:35 pm »
the whoosh noise could be a pipe come of ie the intercooler one the battery side

Offline rich golf gti mk5

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2013, 08:46:01 pm »
May b dump valve don't no about bonnet.

Offline GTsport

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 7
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2013, 08:48:31 pm »
:sad1: :sad1:

I'm not sure how you go about the bonnet catch.

But the whooshing sound, sounds like a boost leak to me. But obviously you need to get under the bonnet to investigate  :scared:

Offline Bow

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2013, 08:50:52 pm »
I thought my bonnet catch had snapped as pulled and it went horribly wrong. To open need some patience remove the badge you can access the catch you will need a thin screw driver with end bent into a hook look through the hole for badge you will see what's needed. Mine had just popped out of the holder where two cables meet

Offline Johnny_tro

• Thank You
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2013, 09:30:09 pm »
The noise seems to be moving from drivers side in/around the wheel arch area. Sounds like it anyway. Def a big wooooshwhen you accelerate. Sounds expensive. .. .

I do still have power. . .

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2013, 09:45:59 pm »
the intetcooler cooler pipe run down that side as well

Offline Johnny_tro

• Thank You
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2013, 09:49:08 pm »
If this has gone, should the car not be peeeeeing out water? Can't see any leaks? Fluid on the floor or drippings.

Offline Dannyboy88

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 9
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2013, 09:53:27 pm »
No as intercooler pipes carry air.

Offline mortygttdi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 146
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2013, 09:56:20 pm »
If intercooler pipe there'll be no fluids.  

The pipe that comes out of the turbo is rubber then goes onto a metal pipe where it then goes to the intercooler, if its around the wheel arch area then the turbo rubber hose may have just popped off.

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2013, 09:59:38 pm »
If intercooler pipe there'll be no fluids. 

The pipe that comes out of the turbo is rubber then goes onto a metal pipe where it then goes to the intercooler, if its around the wheel arch area then the turbo rubber hose may have just popped off.

Good to see you on here Darron

Offline Johnny_tro

• Thank You
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2013, 10:01:05 pm »
Thank you all. I really hope it's just it's just a pop off. Now way I can ££££ a new turbo......was my first thought.

How's best to access this pipe? From under front bumper? Via wheel arch?

Offline Johnny_tro

• Thank You
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2013, 10:04:00 pm »
Intercooler pipe - please confirm this runs from and to?

Offline Dannyboy88

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 9
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2013, 10:18:46 pm »
Is there no one near you on here johnny who could have alook for you?