Make a donation

Author Topic: remap question  (Read 2194 times)

Offline woky

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
remap question
« on: May 03, 2013, 10:18:25 pm »
hi all, I,m thinking of getting the car remapped, question is... will taking  the battery off after the map, wipe out the map??  I,m thinking I could do with a new battery before the winter comes, so would it be better to get one before the remap?  thanks.

Offline edd666999

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 89
    • Email
Re: remap question
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2013, 10:26:22 pm »
Depends on the map. Revo map will reset to base settings after battery pull. Apr map will stay the same.

Choose a map and ask them what will happen.

Offline kahunajb

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 5
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2013, 10:30:20 pm »
Depends on the map. Revo map will reset to base settings after battery pull. Apr map will stay the same.

Is the Revo part true as I have heard this before and others say it is not true. What do you mean base settings? Is it Revo's stock setting? I have got a Revo stage 1 remap and a SPS switch but don't fully understand how it works.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 10:34:12 pm by kahunajb »
05 Laser Blue Mk5 GTI - Revo Stage 1

Offline woky

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2013, 11:24:56 pm »
think I,m going to go with an r-tech map stage 1, does anyone know if removing battery will wipe this out ?

Offline GrayMK5GTI

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 125
  • -Receive: 247
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2013, 11:25:57 pm »
think I,m going to go with an r-tech map stage 1, does anyone know if removing battery will wipe this out ?

No it doesn't  :happy2:
NOW: 2015 Golf R DSG 5 Door, Lapiz Blue, 19s, Discover Nav, Reversing Camera
GONE:2007 Black GTI Edition 30 3dr

Offline xjay1337

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 377
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,88399.0.html
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2013, 11:43:28 pm »
No it won't...
What sort of crappy map would it be where it's lost if you pull the battery? I've heard Revo's maps are stored "in the cluster" (however this works) for example if you had a midline car and changed to a highline cluster you'd lose your map but no idea if there's any truth to it..

Offline edd666999

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2013, 06:09:52 am »

Is the Revo part true as I have heard this before and others say it is not true. What do you mean base settings? Is it Revo's stock setting? I have got a Revo stage 1 remap and a SPS switch but don't fully understand how it works.

Revo allows you to change their map with an sps device,

So say stage 1 is boost (b) 6 timing (t) 5 and fuel (f) 6

If you have an sps+ device and you say add a new mod you can change b, t, f to match your change, or if its a large change I.e a downpipe or a hpfp you can pay £50 for stage 2 map or stage 2+.

If you have a standard sps device this allows you to put your b, t, f back to what they were after a battery pull. But not change them.

When you do a battery pull your settings revert to b1t0f0

Offline MightyMullet

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 5
  • Penzance, Cornwall
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2013, 07:02:16 am »
A friend of mine lost his revo after a battery pull on his S3, it doesnt revert to factory but to a base revo map, which is far far worse. To me it is ridiculous, that something as small as a flat battery could cost you £££ worth of mapping! :stupid:

Offline edd666999

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2013, 07:37:30 am »
A friend of mine lost his revo after a battery pull on his S3, it doesnt revert to factory but to a base revo map, which is far far worse. To me it is ridiculous, that something as small as a flat battery could cost you £££ worth of mapping! :stupid:

It doesn't cost you anything, if you don't have a sps device 99% of the time the original garage or another revo dealer will use their sps or revo laptop to put the settings back on for free.