Make a donation

Author Topic: In-Pro Smoked Mirror Indicators, still available?  (Read 6599 times)

Offline f1fan

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 3
In-Pro Smoked Mirror Indicators, still available?
« on: May 08, 2013, 10:16:49 pm »
I've been wanting a pair of In-Pro smoked mirror indicators for a while, now I've finally got round to buying them I can't find anyone that sells them?

Does anyone know somewhere I can get them or can recommend a good quality alternative?

Thanks
Black 2008 GTi, InPro smoked door mirror indicators, genuine Autohaus Wolfsburg plate holders, uk legal pressed metal plates, LED number plate lights, MTEC super white headlights & side lights, LED internal lights, Polo stubby aerial, Kenwood DDX4023BT head unit & Enfig surround.

Offline MC71

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
Re: In-Pro Smoked Mirror Indicators, still available?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2013, 10:24:22 pm »
A post I gave a week or 2 back..........

Inpro ones are hard to find (rarer than rocking horse do do), couple of links below, both from the USA. i bought mine from one of these companies but can't remember which.

InPro smoked repeaters/indicators (same as mine in the pic above).....

~~ Clicky here ~~

~~ Clicky here ~~

Or non Inpro ones from parts4euro.com (below), I've used them a fair bit and have had no problems but others have had with delays and bad communications.

~~ Clicky here ~~

Inpro on mine, before

And after

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

Offline bacillus

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 451
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2013, 10:25:14 pm »
They are not made anymore but some one posted a possible retailer link in Canada a while back.
http://pgperformance.com/inpro-dark-smoked-mirror-lens-set.html

If think that's too much trouble then Lamin-X your present ones to the colour you desire.
Without traction power is nothing!

Offline bacillus

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 451
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2013, 10:25:59 pm »
Too slow for MC71...   :ashamed:
Without traction power is nothing!

Offline fab5freddy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 238
  • -Receive: 239

Offline f1fan

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2013, 06:29:52 am »
Thanks guys, went to the website for the German company selling on eBay and bought them direct http://www.fmw-tuning.de/VW/Side-indicator/inpro-Mirror-indicators-clear-black-VW-Golf-Jetta-5-Passat-EOS-::1922.html

At least with a German supplier there's no hassle with importing them, my car stereo chassis from the US is sitting in UK customs at the moment 10 days after I bought it!

All I need now is to work out how to fit these mirror indicators!
Black 2008 GTi, InPro smoked door mirror indicators, genuine Autohaus Wolfsburg plate holders, uk legal pressed metal plates, LED number plate lights, MTEC super white headlights & side lights, LED internal lights, Polo stubby aerial, Kenwood DDX4023BT head unit & Enfig surround.

Offline fab5freddy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 238
  • -Receive: 239

Offline ROH ECHT

• Thank You
  • -Given: 113
  • -Receive: 147
  • K04 PLAY....ZOOM DIS!
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2013, 08:39:23 am »
I'm too late...I was going to suggest  one 8"x7" sheet...it gives you 4 pcs to do the side markers without the removal and install procedure.http://www.lamin-x.com/One-Universal-7x8-Fog-Cover-p/1-78.htm
K04 PLAY...K04 turbo/S3 INJ. & FMIC/FORGE FMTC, TB hose, & WG actuator/GIAC's H.O. K04 & DSG TUNES/AWE DV/NEUSPEED P-FLO,TURBO OUTLET & TB pipe/AUTOTECH hpfp/BSH Eng.&Trans Mounts/H&R ARB's/Whiteline Performance springs & W.A.L.K./ECS stage-3 BBK/BILSTEIN B8's...ZOOM'DIS...GIAC K04 tune-2007 Volkswagen GTI: 12.823 @ 112.050 MPH__Voting for my Dragtimes link: http://www.dragtimes.com/Volkswagen-GTI-Timeslip-25700.html?r=1

Offline f1fan

• Always Involved
  • Thank You

Offline paulw123

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 80
  • -Receive: 47
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2013, 04:32:52 pm »
if you get a long enough T8 screw driver (300mm off ebay), you just have to take cover off, tilt glass forward, then you can get to the 2 screws holding the indicator unit in from behind the glass, and that's it.
GT TDI sport 140 08plate,RCD510 DAB, leather armrest, euro cup holder

Offline f1fan

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2013, 10:20:43 pm »
if you get a long enough T8 screw driver (300mm off ebay), you just have to take cover off, tilt glass forward, then you can get to the 2 screws holding the indicator unit in from behind the glass, and that's it.

Now that sounds easier, off to eBay I go! So the covers come off first without removing the glass??

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • Mk7 R
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2013, 10:35:33 pm »
^^^^

Insert removal wedge -3409- between mirror housing -1- and side turn signal -2-.
Move removal wedge -3409- in -direction of arrow a- along to outer side of mirror.
This releases latches for mirror housing -4- from locking hooks -3-.
Pull mirror housing -1- forwards off mirror mounting at front in -direction of arrow b-.
Remove mirror housing -1- upwards off mirror mounting in -direction of arrow c-.

Offline f1fan

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2013, 10:43:52 pm »
Thanks MC71, I'm looking forward to trying out my new trim removal tools and getting it sorted

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • Mk7 R
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2013, 11:10:07 pm »
^^^^ its fairly straight forward, once you've done one side you'll fly through the other one.  :happy2:

Offline paulw123

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 80
  • -Receive: 47
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2013, 12:47:55 pm »
Yeah cover off first, no need to remove glass.

I used brute force and ignorance on first attempt, no trim tools, and snapped off one of the lugs, numbered 3 above. But its ok as these are on the new indicator units. It is a really fiddley job, but take it slowly, don't drop those tiny screws!!
GT TDI sport 140 08plate,RCD510 DAB, leather armrest, euro cup holder