Make a donation

Author Topic: Zaino?....  (Read 16549 times)

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
Re: Zaino?....
« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2009, 11:29:26 am »
^^^^
Cheers, Jay - Then I'll leave the 2nd coat until tomorrow and make sure she's clean and dry before applying it. She can then have 24hrs in the batcave as this week is a low mileage one (apart from tonight).

Only 40 miles last week but next week should rack up 300 and about 1,500 on The Ring trip - Hey! I just remembered you commin tooooo! Nice 1 - You'll hate it!! You're not allowed to inspect my cleaning efforts though!

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline JPC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 93
  • -Receive: 111
« Reply #46 on: August 18, 2009, 11:30:24 am »
haha, i wont be worrying about your efforts! i know that its the most attention its had in the last few years, that alone is enough to satisfy me! ;)

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #47 on: August 18, 2009, 11:39:03 am »
^^^^
Fecker!! I handwash her whenever she's dirty and frequently wash the wheels anyway. Also, I speed detail any bird poo etc on a daily basis before tucking her up in her batcave.

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline JPC

• Thank You
« Reply #48 on: August 18, 2009, 11:41:59 am »
im only pulling your leg robin.

What i was trying to say is im pleased you have gone to the lengths you have with the zaino!

:booty: :congrats: :pomppomp:

Phil Mcavity

« Reply #49 on: August 18, 2009, 11:52:08 am »
sorry , but jay, your avatar deservers a thankyou  :signLOL:

Offline JPC

• Thank You
« Reply #50 on: August 18, 2009, 11:54:05 am »
your quite welcome mate,

I was worried about the moderators reaction to me changing it to that, but due to the fact most are childish, it wasnt deemed a problem! ;)  :rolleye: :signLOL:

Phil Mcavity

« Reply #51 on: August 18, 2009, 11:57:08 am »
your quite welcome mate,

I was worried about the moderators reaction to me changing it to that, but due to the fact most are childish, it wasnt deemed a problem! ;)  :rolleye: :signLOL:
I think there is only one sain one being Shaun, the others are i agree shot to bits  :P

veedub18

« Reply #52 on: August 18, 2009, 05:16:45 pm »

Cheers, Stuart :drinking:

It'll take a couple of days for CleanYourCar to get some accelerator to me though - I should have ordered some with the Z2.

Another question - If I apply the second coat of Z2 late afternoon (~22 hrs after first coat of yesterday), will it matter if I use the car tonight and it rains while I'm out?

Hi Robin,
If I understand this properly, you are asking if its ok to take the car out just after you've applied the Zaino? If you have just polished the car and arent going to layer any more Z2 on it, IMO you are good to go straight out, I do!

If you are going to order some ZFX, and trust me on this, order a bottle of Z8 if your budget will allow. Its fantastic, it really is. I use it like a speed detailer for the occasional "touch up" and refresher. It adds something extra to the shine as well as smelling great and making your paintwork as smooth as a well lubricated....you get the idea  !!! :love:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #53 on: August 18, 2009, 05:52:36 pm »
^^^^

"Smelling great", "smooth", "well lubricated" - Yes, I'm getting the idea! But I would benefit from some practice with a hot Babe :evilgrin:.

I've stroked her this morning in her batcave and she's soooo smooooth! :love:

No time to 2nd coat now before going out - I must cook dinner.

Methinks I'll take more of your advice and order some ZFX and Z8...........(or should I save the money for my OZ LeggyRita's?).

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: August 18, 2009, 06:19:03 pm »
^^^^

"Smelling great", "smooth", "well lubricated" - Yes, I'm getting the idea! But I would benefit from some practice with a hot Babe :evilgrin:.

I've stroked her this morning in her batcave and she's soooo smooooth! :love:

No time to 2nd coat now before going out - I must cook dinner.

Methinks I'll take more of your advice and order some ZFX and Z8...........(or should I save the money for my OZ LeggyRita's?).

Getting in to this detailing lark are we?  :innocent: :grin:

Offline JPC

• Thank You
« Reply #55 on: August 18, 2009, 06:25:48 pm »
I could get really into it now and advise against the z8. it's great on it's own but it can work to compromise the work you,ve just put in with the z2. It won't add to the finish I promise, 2 coats of z2 with a quick detailer on to tidy up any bits will leave it as good as anything.

For anyone who wants to know why, z8 is primarily a spray and wipe sealant for untreated paint. In that application, it's absolutely brilliant. Now, I suspect there are some solvents in there which are there to ensure an even coverage. There's nothing wrong with having solvents in, there important in a spray sealant.  But as you can imagine, these will have a detrimental effect on any underlying protection. Now, these might be small, but when you consider the work you've put in, in applying two coats, you won't want anything taking away from it.

In it's own field, as a spray sealant z8 is great, but over existing sealant, not so great. It's hardly going to dissolve your z2 in seconds, but it would be careless to say it won't have any effect.

Sorry if that's a ramble, I've typed it on my iPhone.

I've tried to present it in a way where each reader can decide for themselves how to take the advice, but it's all worth bearing in mine after sweating your nads off applying z2!

Happy detailing
 :pomppomp:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #56 on: August 18, 2009, 06:45:06 pm »

@ Greenie :

Never ever to the extent where I'm detailing in an underground car park in a foreign country at 2am! Familiar scene?  :happy2:

@ Jay :

Methinks I'll stick with a 2nd coat of Z2 tomorrow and put the money I save towards those rims.

:drinking:

veedub18

« Reply #57 on: August 18, 2009, 07:34:43 pm »
I could get really into it now and advise against the z8. it's great on it's own but it can work to compromise the work you,ve just put in with the z2. It won't add to the finish I promise, 2 coats of z2 with a quick detailer on to tidy up any bits will leave it as good as anything.

For anyone who wants to know why, z8 is primarily a spray and wipe sealant for untreated paint. In that application, it's absolutely brilliant. Now, I suspect there are some solvents in there which are there to ensure an even coverage. There's nothing wrong with having solvents in, there important in a spray sealant.  But as you can imagine, these will have a detrimental effect on any underlying protection. Now, these might be small, but when you consider the work you've put in, in applying two coats, you won't want anything taking away from it.

In it's own field, as a spray sealant z8 is great, but over existing sealant, not so great. It's hardly going to dissolve your z2 in seconds, but it would be careless to say it won't have any effect.

Sorry if that's a ramble, I've typed it on my iPhone.

I've tried to present it in a way where each reader can decide for themselves how to take the advice, but it's all worth bearing in mine after sweating your nads off applying z2!

Happy detailing
 :pomppomp:

Hi JPC,
Apologies and no disrepect meant, but I have to totally disagree with that statement.

I have used Z8 for well over a year now, and from my own personal experiance, and from reading about it on Detailing World from seeing how the 'pro's use it, I can say you are wrong in this instance.

My argument is substansiated by the following,

Taken from the Zaino website, link below

"Z-8 Grand Finaleā„¢ Spray Seal:

Leaves a high gloss, high shine, deep, rich, wet finish thanks to advanced optical-clarifying polymers
Leaves an ultra-slick finish that repels dust, dirt, environmental fallout and other stains
Locks in the improved looks and protection for weeks - not days
Contains anti-UV agents to protect your vehicle's finish against damaging sun rays
Is easy to use: wipe on, wipe off
Is intended for special occasions and events only; it is not a Z-6 replacement
Should be used in conjunction with the Zaino Show Car Polish System, including Z-2 PRO, Z-3 or Z-5

http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=Z-8&Category_Code=Zaino

There is also a very useful guide below (from DW) to Zaino as people often get the wrong info about how/when to use each product.

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=30674

Can you let me know how you came to these conclusions, was it from advise or from personal experiance?

I'm not trying to start an arguement here, and wouldn't have replied unless I was totally convinced it makes a HUGE difference to the longevity and shine of a car with Z2 or Z5 or even the AIO product on.

Stuart  :happy2:

« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 07:37:00 pm by veedub18 »

Offline JPC

• Thank You
« Reply #58 on: August 18, 2009, 07:50:18 pm »
I used it for years too mate but now I stay away when it comes to z8 on top of wax or sealants.
I was just as convinced as you but I kind of lost site of how much the protection had broken down.
I was the same in that i was thinking "oh it feels so soft etc" but its a spray sealant, course its going to feel like that, if its freshly applied. BUT.......a sealant thats been properly applied and maintained (z2 or z5) should stay like that for months. And i bet if you have been using z8 after a wash, then next time you come to feel the paint, it doesnt feel as smooth as it did when you applied then original sealant.

Its a great product, but i dont condone the use of it as a quick detailer. This is me ignoring the advice on DW, these are mainly based on people following everyone else. Thats not me though. I dont want to sound abrupt, but I dont care what the manufacturer's website says, remember its there to mainly sell more and more products?

If you want, Get some wax and spray it with z8, see what happens.

I tend not to follow sheep with detailing and develop my own ways of working. This is one of them. If you really want to put it to the test, see how 6 month old zaino beads next to 6 month old zaino that's had a z8 "top up". You'll find the untouched one beads much better. Now add that to how much they sell z for, and how you'd go thru your bottle of z2 quicker. As I said before, you can take it or leave it, I'm not fulling z8 out. I'm just saying in the long run, you better not using it.

And as said, it's not going to strip it like isopropyl alcohol, but it has the potential to be a pointless step to undo any effort you have put in.

Btw...if your talking about Pros On Detailing word, Im one of them haha!
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 08:05:11 pm by JPC »

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #59 on: August 19, 2009, 09:49:30 am »

I also take my wheels off and coat them in Z2 inside and out, makes a huge difference when you go to clean them.

....I'm about to buy some new OZ Alleggerita Titanium finish rims (without rubber) - I'll be putting some Z2 on them before they go on the car!

2nd coat Z2 on car body today and then batcave for 24hrs. Was out on an airfield around midnight last night - Parked up with a large BMW and put it to shame! The night air condensation formed teeny-weeny bubbles on my roof.

I'm gonna keep it simple and stay with the Z2.

:drinking: