Make a donation

Author Topic: Zaino?....  (Read 16381 times)

Offline NEWEY

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 9
    • Flickr
    • Email
Re: Zaino?....
« Reply #75 on: August 19, 2009, 10:10:05 pm »
looks great red. you cant beat a clean tornado red ;)

TSR powered 1.9 16v mk2 Golf GTI
TSR big turbo mk5 golf gti

veedub18

« Reply #76 on: August 20, 2009, 06:40:47 am »
I've been harping on about Zaino to you guys for ages, and finally someone took the plunge  :happy2:

Brings a little tear to my eye!

Offline WhiteHartMart

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #77 on: August 20, 2009, 06:52:16 am »
Looks great mate.

If the Tornado Red car I'm picking up today, cleans up as well I'll be well chuffed  :happy2:
Tornado Red 5dr Edition 30 - DSG, MFSW, Rear Parking Sensors, ipod connection, Carbon intake & ITG filter - go faster mods to follow!!!

Offline hammyhammer

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 22
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #78 on: August 20, 2009, 09:33:05 am »
Looks cracking there  :congrats: :congrats:

looking good Robin :happy2:

problem is with this cleaning/detailing gig is it becomes addictive, you start by gettin 2 buckets and a mit, before you know it you've got some posh shampoo, snow foam lance etc etc etc

This is a to true statment I started in that exact same way and now having to clear space myself to fit it all in

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #79 on: August 20, 2009, 10:34:09 am »

I've been harping on about Zaino to you guys for ages, and finally someone took the plunge  :happy2:

....Jay uses it I think. But his and your recommendations (plus a BIALI mate) were enough to make me go for it.

I'll probably put on a 3rd coat when the weather improves.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #80 on: August 20, 2009, 10:40:17 am »

Looks cracking there  :congrats: :congrats:

looking good Robin :happy2:

problem is with this cleaning/detailing gig is it becomes addictive, you start by gettin 2 buckets and a mit, before you know it you've got some posh shampoo, snow foam lance etc etc etc

This is a to true statment I started in that exact same way and now having to clear space myself to fit it all in

....I've had a lambswool mitt, posh shampoo, various special towels and speed detailers for at least 3 years and I haven't gone further. This clay and Zaino thing I've just done is only something I'll do a couple of times a year for protective reasons.

What's a snow foam lance? :wink:

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

veedub18

« Reply #81 on: August 21, 2009, 06:48:24 am »
A snow foam lance is one of these puppies

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/washing-and-drying/foam-lance-various-fittings/prod_371.html

You attach it to your hose or pressure cleaner, fill the bottle up with "Snow Foam" or similar. The water picks up the snow foam and makes it like a thick blanket of suds. The suds slide off carrying all the dirt/grit with them. I use the Gilmour Foamaster 2 and Meguiars Hyperwash, it does a great job  :happy2:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #82 on: August 21, 2009, 10:39:50 am »
^^^^
Thanks, Stuart! I was joking when I asked what a snow foam lance is.

The nearest I can get my car to the house for washing is at least 60ft by running a hose from my utility room through the garden - The resulting pressure is just right for flat spray handwashing but not for a lance I imagine.

I'm not seriously wanting to start going that far with detailing. However, I will apply a 3rd coat of Zaino if the weather stays fine today - For protection rather than polish.

:happy2:
« Last Edit: August 21, 2009, 10:42:22 am by RedRobin »

Offline JPC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 93
  • -Receive: 111
« Reply #83 on: August 21, 2009, 12:05:10 pm »
great stuff Robin, im glad your Still enthused to apply the 3rd coat! make sure its nice and clean and dry! ;)

veedub18

« Reply #84 on: August 22, 2009, 05:36:28 pm »
JPC, I was aware you were on DW, I've been on there for over 3 years myself bud  :happy2:

Ok so we dont agree on Z8, but how do you feel about Z-CS? I spent all last night and today polishing the mother - in - laws ford Puma, eventually layered 2 coats of ZXF'd Z2, left to cure a couple of hours then topped it off with Z-CS. It was as smooth as silk and looked absolutely fantastic, I was really pleased with it. I didn't use any Z8 on it on purpose, wanting to see how long this type of protection lasts. (It says up to 9 months on the bottle).

Apologies for going a bit off thread Red Leader, but I was thinking about suggesting this to you for your next step in the slippery slope that is detailing  :laugh:

veedub18

« Reply #85 on: August 22, 2009, 05:39:17 pm »
^^^^
Thanks, Stuart! I was joking when I asked what a snow foam lance is.

The nearest I can get my car to the house for washing is at least 60ft by running a hose from my utility room through the garden - The resulting pressure is just right for flat spray handwashing but not for a lance I imagine.

I'm not seriously wanting to start going that far with detailing. However, I will apply a 3rd coat of Zaino if the weather stays fine today - For protection rather than polish.

Doh, I should have known that you knew what a snow foam lance was. Silly veedub lol! 

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #86 on: August 22, 2009, 05:59:48 pm »

Apologies for going a bit off thread Red Leader, but I was thinking about suggesting this to you for your next step in the slippery slope that is detailing  :laugh:

....Not "off thread" by my standards! It's all good info.

No problem on the detailing slippery slope for me! : -

However, the modding slippery slope is a different matter! Much more difficult to resist : -

veedub18

« Reply #87 on: August 22, 2009, 06:01:14 pm »
Red, you truly have a picture for every situation  :happy2:

Hows the car looking now?

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #88 on: August 22, 2009, 06:28:15 pm »
^^^^
I used to be an Art Director / Picture Editor 8).
That's ice star Michelle Kwan - I have a weakness for ladies from the Orient.

My beloved throbbin' red car has been in her batcave since I applied the 2nd coat of Z2 a few days ago. Some weeks I only do 40 miles and others can be 800.

I was going to do a 3rd coat but the last 2 days have had occasional drizzle. Tomorrow might be finer.

« Last Edit: August 22, 2009, 06:30:13 pm by RedRobin »

veedub18

« Reply #89 on: August 22, 2009, 06:35:48 pm »
I was thinking about your Bat Cave today. If you cant get electric in there, how about a 12V battery hooked up to some lights? You could take the battery out every month and charge it up, and if you chose the right lights it could last quite some time before needing a recharge. Winters coming and I guess you'd appreciate some extra lighting when the nights draw in.
Also, if your garage has a downpipe taking rainwater away from the roof, how about a water butt and a battery operated pump? There are some really good ones available now, I'm looking at a similar solution for my Bat Cave as my water bill is astronomical.

I'll post my findings up here as I'm going all "environmental" lately :smiley:
« Last Edit: August 22, 2009, 06:37:44 pm by veedub18 »