Make a donation

Author Topic: 70 mph collision with a deer.  (Read 1139 times)

Offline jlawrence

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
70 mph collision with a deer.
« on: May 20, 2013, 10:53:57 am »
Today was the day I was finally getting my 2008 mk5 gti, 5 door, black, 42,550 miles, black heated leather, manual, multi function steering wheel, really nice spec, I was on my way to px my car for the gti, when a deer hurdled the centre reservation and ran in front of my car, hit the left side of my front bumper, ripped the front end of my car to bits, took my whole bottom end bumper off, fog lights, air con radiator punchered, when the deer came out the other end it's cracked and tore my rear bumper, also the amount of blood, guts and hair on my car is ridiculous. My thoughts are with the deer and its family.

Jamie Lawrence

Offline galaxie500

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 37
  • -Receive: 13
  • 56 plate 5 door in Black Pearl Metallic
Re: 70 mph collision with a deer.
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2013, 11:03:29 am »
You're lucky to be in one piece. Hitting anything at 70mph usually results in trauma for both parties. I hit a deer whilst driving a large Chevy breakdown truck in Indiana and whilst surviving with bruises having come off the road, I was verbally beaten up by my buddies at the body shop for not hauling the deer home to put on the barbecue!!
Glad you're OK.

Offline jlawrence

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2013, 11:22:31 am »
You're lucky to be in one piece. Hitting anything at 70mph usually results in trauma for both parties. I hit a deer whilst driving a large Chevy breakdown truck in Indiana and whilst surviving with bruises having come off the road, I was verbally beaten up by my buddies at the body shop for not hauling the deer home to put on the barbecue!!
Glad you're OK.

Yeah I'm lucky in the respect, and very lucky nothing but my car was damaged ( minus the deer )
At the end of the day its just an inconvenience but nothing can be done, it could have happened to anyone.
And thanks mate I'm all good  :smiley:
Jamie Lawrence

Offline Degudodger

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 53
  • -Receive: 86
    • Flickr
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2013, 12:45:18 pm »
A couple of years ago, just on the outskirts of Banff, Canada i witnessed a Dodge Ram truck hitting an Elk at 50+ MPH and it would be fair to say it was not pretty. The truck was an absolute mess as was the ELK for that matter but the driver was reletively unharmed.
2016 Mk7 Golf GTD - Reflex Silver with stuff.

VCDS Hex+Can - Will code for beer!

Offline jlawrence

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2013, 02:31:43 pm »
A couple of years ago, just on the outskirts of Banff, Canada i witnessed a Dodge Ram truck hitting an Elk at 50+ MPH and it would be fair to say it was not pretty. The truck was an absolute mess as was the ELK for that matter but the driver was reletively unharmed.

I'm lucky there isn't any lasting problems with my car, just a little body work
Jamie Lawrence

Offline Russ_leeds

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 16
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2013, 09:17:29 pm »
What car were you driving???
Black 2007 gti, 18' monza 2, sat-nav, highline, i-pod dock, armrest, 35mm H&R springs, WALK, BCS tbe, autotech front and rear arbs, ITG maxogen, NQSBBK... and more to come

Offline jlawrence

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2013, 09:45:38 pm »
What car were you driving???

2009 volvo c30 r design mate, was on my way to px for a 2008 gti :confused:
Jamie Lawrence