Make a donation

Author Topic: Nurburgring Trip - 2nd-5th October 09....  (Read 79844 times)

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
Re: Nurburgring Trip - 2nd-5th October 09....
« Reply #450 on: September 28, 2009, 11:42:12 am »
My Aruba trip was booked first or i would be getting ready with you guys now. I am completely gutted that they clashed and i am unable to go.  :sad1:

All i can say to all of you that are going is just please respect the track at all times, and dont think you know whats round the corner because you have seen it on a play station. It will be impossible to just take it easy as once you get on their most plans go out the window.
 Please be safe, and bring your cars back in one piece.

And remember those who are unable to attend, and bring back lots of pics for us.  :drinking:

Offline markymark

• Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 55
« Reply #451 on: September 28, 2009, 11:50:12 am »
Have a great time in Aruba TC, shame you wont be there! :happy2:

Offline JPC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 93
  • -Receive: 111
« Reply #452 on: September 28, 2009, 12:30:51 pm »
I would love you to be coming TC, shame your not but we'll take plenty of pic and videos. Of course, non on circuit!  :signLOL:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #453 on: September 28, 2009, 12:31:50 pm »

All i can say to all of you that are going is just please respect the track at all times, and dont think you know whats round the corner because you have seen it on a play station. It will be impossible to just take it easy as once you get on their most plans go out the window.

^^^^ Good advice!

The Caribbean is fantastic - Another world! Easier to visit Nurburgring again than the Caribbean. Have a great chilled time - Lay back in the sun sipping a cocktail and possibly Led Zep on the headphones - It's a trip, man!

WEAR A HAT!! - Honestly, dude, it'll help protect you and shade your eyes - That sun is hotter than you think when a Trade Wind is chilling you.

:drinking:

EDIT: Another tip is if you get a bit sore (from the sun!) find an Aloha plant and cut off a section and keep it in the fridge. Just rub the green jelly insides of it on your skin where it's burnt. A native lady taught me that when I was out there - It works! Check the contents list on any decent sun protection bottle and you'll read Aloha.

^ Find a smaller one!
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 12:42:13 pm by RedRobin »

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline cmdrfire

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 14
    • Commander Fire - my blog
    • Email
« Reply #454 on: September 28, 2009, 03:45:57 pm »
Have fun chaps, wish I was going with you but I've got bike training this weekend. Drive safe and chuck any chronometers overboard before you go!

Offline Stepho

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #455 on: September 28, 2009, 10:42:27 pm »
What are the dates you guys going? I'm looking into going between the 9th to the 11th October. Ferry from Hull to Zeebrugge, then on to the ring.  :notworthy:

Were there this weekend mate so will miss you...........

Such a pity Nathan, it would have been good to meet up with you all. Hope you have a safe and plesant journey. Look forward to hearing all about it when you get back :happy2:

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #456 on: September 28, 2009, 10:44:11 pm »
What are the dates you guys going? I'm looking into going between the 9th to the 11th October. Ferry from Hull to Zeebrugge, then on to the ring.  :notworthy:

Were there this weekend mate so will miss you...........

Such a pity Nathan, it would have been good to meet up with you all. Hope you have a safe and plesant journey. Look forward to hearing all about it when you get back :happy2:

Same here pal!  :happy2:

Offline joesgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 35
  • Eat my sick, Eat my sick.
« Reply #457 on: September 29, 2009, 09:19:23 am »

EDIT: Another tip is if you get a bit sore (from the sun!) find an Aloha plant and cut off a section and keep it in the fridge. Just rub the green jelly insides of it on your skin where it's burnt. A native lady taught me that when I was out there - It works! Check the contents list on any decent sun protection bottle and you'll read Aloha.

If you need any games consoles or games, accessories, etc etc, PM me for my best price,

Offline joesgti

• Thank You
« Reply #458 on: September 29, 2009, 09:19:41 am »

toothpaste  :innocent:

If you need any games consoles or games, accessories, etc etc, PM me for my best price,

timmel_rimmel

« Reply #459 on: September 29, 2009, 12:57:09 pm »
Hi all,

Just thought I'd say hello... I'm new to the forum but will be riding up with Jay and Tom on the 'Ring trip this weekend.

I'm a regular on www.babybmw.net (I drive a 1 series) but thought I'd sign up here and say hi before meeting a few of you this weekend.

I absolutely can't wait for this (as I'm sure you lot can't either)! Couldn't agree more about the messages to stay safe and bring the cars back in one piece... that won't stop some hardcore driving and serious fun though!

Tim

PS. I have 30-odd pages of thread chat to catch up on for this trip!!

Offline markymark

• Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 55
« Reply #460 on: September 29, 2009, 12:59:01 pm »
Hi Tim, nice to have you onboard!  :happy2: See you enroute! :happy2:

Offline JPC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 93
  • -Receive: 111
« Reply #461 on: September 29, 2009, 12:59:58 pm »
hello there tim!

for those of you that were at the first forum meet, tim was the one driving my Mk4 anniversary!

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #462 on: September 29, 2009, 01:01:21 pm »
Hi all,

Just thought I'd say hello... I'm new to the forum but will be riding up with Jay and Tom on the 'Ring trip this weekend.

I'm a regular on www.babybmw.net (I drive a 1 series) but thought I'd sign up here and say hi before meeting a few of you this weekend.

I absolutely can't wait for this (as I'm sure you lot can't either)! Couldn't agree more about the messages to stay safe and bring the cars back in one piece... that won't stop some hardcore driving and serious fun though!

Tim

PS. I have 30-odd pages of thread chat to catch up on for this trip!!

Hi Tim,

I'm sure my mate Vaughan who is bringing his 1 series is a member of that forum so at least you'll get some beemer chat while your there!  :happy2:

Offline joesgti

• Thank You
« Reply #463 on: September 29, 2009, 01:48:06 pm »
Hi tim, hope youve got plenty of beer tokens to bring with you  :drinking: :evilgrin:

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
« Reply #464 on: September 29, 2009, 01:56:18 pm »
80's fender bending.... Note Barry Chuckle boot the car. Also, keep an eye out for that yellow and white Kadett, it's still lapping 20 years on!

Sideways yo!