Make a donation

Author Topic: Local vw dealer parts discount question  (Read 1139 times)

Offline jonnboyy69

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 2
Local vw dealer parts discount question
« on: May 24, 2013, 01:52:54 pm »
Hi, Just visited my local dealers in the North East to order a part for my Gti (£56 DV valve).
Today was a different chap covering the desk from their other "sister" branch. He said there was no part in stock but his branch in Durham had it (kudos awarded to him for drumming up trade for his branch 15 miles away i suppose), not a real major problem...... However when i asked for the usual 10% discount he said no because the parts didnt qualify for discount like some other parts do!  :surprised:
I always normally get 10% off the usual fella behind the counter regardless of whatever parts ive ordered. wonder if this is something probably due to me spending £K's in my previous 10 yrs  of loyal custom in there esp on the old VR6 :grin:
So my question is this; Is he just playing hard ball and just stuck to official vw policy whatever that may be, or have i just been lucky over past 10+ yrs!??? lol.
Perhaps i shud return next week when mr regular returns.....sigh
Anyone used TPS ?? they are trade only however read a few posts about non-trade ppl ringing up n paying cash over counter plus some get the 10% discount!

John
3dr black 56 GTi, Rcd510 DAB + Blaupunkt sharkfin finally completed.....

Offline alexmccabe

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 12
    • Alex McCabe
Re: Local vw dealer parts discount question
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2013, 02:31:06 pm »
First of all £56 for a DV valve? Jebus. I paid £34 for mine...from a dealer. Secondly I've never heard of them doing a discount, so maybe it's just because of your loyalty.

MK5 Golf GTi 197BHP Tornado Red

Offline jonnboyy69

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2013, 02:34:36 pm »
Hi Alex, yeah its the latest 06H piston type D......the older o6F diaphram type G were cheaper than this i believe.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 02:36:13 pm by jonnboyy69 »

Offline alexmccabe

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
    • Alex McCabe
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2013, 02:45:48 pm »
Hmm my Rev G was the only one listed for my vehicle a couple months back. Return later when the original guy comes back, if it saves you money. Patience my friend. The guy was probably sticking to policy.

MK5 Golf GTi 197BHP Tornado Red

Offline Polo6n1600i

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2013, 06:08:32 pm »
I get 21% off most of my stuff - im in there so often buying bits to ship to America and Germany that I basically get them for what they pay VW for the parts!

Only things I get less discount on is like accessories and retro fit bits and pieces

Offline Scottymon

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 83
  • -Receive: 125
  • UnNaturally Aspirated
  • My Ride: http://www.voodish.co.uk/misc/6n/6n-alive1.jpg
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2013, 06:30:04 pm »
I can sell you a Rev.D that's done ~5k miles for £25 delivered if it helps.  I swapped it out for a Rev.G but it's made no difference that I can tell.

Failing that perhaps wait until your buddy is back on desk. :happy2:

Offline jonnboyy69

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2013, 11:14:24 pm »
Ahh tnx 4 offer Scotty but now going under her tomorrow to inspect DV to double check if its intact and ok now! I was in dealers collecting sum other bits n pieces n thought id buy one while i was there. Ur discount sounds very very nice btw  :happy2:

Offline Scottymon

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 83
  • -Receive: 125
  • UnNaturally Aspirated
  • My Ride: http://www.voodish.co.uk/misc/6n/6n-alive1.jpg
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2013, 11:18:09 pm »
No worries bud; if your K03, then in through the wheel arch is handy to get to the top bolt :happy2:

Offline torque777

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
Re: Re: Local vw dealer parts discount question
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2013, 06:34:52 am »
Dealers do offer different prices depending on who  goes in ...loyalty does play a part ...but if you order frequently then the cost goes down ...even tps has different price structure ...over counter price to joe public ...cheaper than dealer .trade account ..cheaper still ..then hi volume trade account ..cheaper still ...best one is if you can find someone who will give you it at staff discount 8)

sent using my own fingers

Offline jonnboyy69

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2013, 12:44:40 pm »
Popped in to dealership this morning and got my 10% off mr regular :happy2:

I will be disappointed if I take off my old"C" dv and find it not damaged lol, wierd I know!..... I will still swap it tho n keep old one for spare I guess.

Pcv is "Gravy baby" so next job is fitting the passenger seat slider bracket then shes in tip top condition  :smiley: