Offline Rmgcook

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
Hello!
« on: May 25, 2013, 12:05:17 pm »
Hi everyone,

Newbie here so just doing the polite thing and saying hello to everyone! A 2009 MK5 GT sport is now part of the family as of 2 weeks ago and so far enjoying it - bit more comfortable than my 2009 Civic Type R anyway!

Regards
Robin

Offline Jay75

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 3
  • My Ride: 06 plate golf gti ko3
Re: Hello!
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2013, 01:47:15 pm »
Hi Robin new to the forum myself as of yesterday, I test drove an 07 plate typeR a few weeks ago before I bought my mk5 GTi and couldn't believe how slow it was, after hearing all the hype about them I was quite shocked I must say, although it looked and handled awesome. I think you made the right move :happy2:

Offline GrayMK5GTI

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 125
  • -Receive: 247
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2013, 06:14:39 pm »
Hi Robin,

I came from a 2009 Champ White CTR and know exactly what you mean about the suspension   :grin:

Been in my girlfriends step dads today and forgot how firm they are. The seats and dashboard are fantastic though, as is the sharp steering. Lack of torque and effort involved with driving them is what let's them down  :sad1:
NOW: 2015 Golf R DSG 5 Door, Lapiz Blue, 19s, Discover Nav, Reversing Camera
GONE:2007 Black GTI Edition 30 3dr

Offline Rmgcook

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2013, 09:12:09 am »
Thanks for the hellos! Yes the CTRs are quite firm! In fairness they are quick when you drive it hard (I've had 3), but the lack or torque is a downside! That and the terribly soft paint that chips soo badly