Make a donation

Author Topic: Anti-Social Motoring Reforms - Your Thoughts?  (Read 7636 times)

Offline jonnym

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 40
  • -Receive: 22
Re: Anti-Social Motoring Reforms - Your Thoughts?
« Reply #45 on: June 06, 2013, 10:06:56 pm »
This video.....hahahhahaahahaha......watch til the end. Perfect.

@PSW - "Candy white ones are the nicest and fastest"

Offline Scottymon

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 83
  • -Receive: 125
  • UnNaturally Aspirated
  • My Ride: http://www.voodish.co.uk/misc/6n/6n-alive1.jpg
« Reply #46 on: June 06, 2013, 10:12:38 pm »
As with anything the individual will always have the right to question the decision. It will be up to the police to prove it. I would imagine it will need video evidence.

For me it's long overdue.

What about Section19, you don't get any say in that and that's been open to abuse for some time.

Middle lane hogging, should be based on time I guess, but I agree very difficult to Police.

Section 19 of what act ?

Don't you mean 59 ??

Yeap 59... no evidence required.

This is off topic but I feel it deserves some response. S59's absolutely need evidence, however, alot are issued incorrectly with little or none. As I mentioned about re my post and tickets, if people appealed them they'd actually find their S59 will generally be binned. Although there is no formal appeal route to a S59, speak to the duty insp/letter to ticket office and they will deal with it. There are further steps after that.
Last year I was issued a S59 and within the hour it was withdrawn. Speeding in itself does not merit a S59.

I didn't mention speeding.
However, the point is the S59 IS abused and ARE given without any supporting evidence (as yours no doubt was), irrespective if that is right or wrong, it happens all the time... no doubt this middle lane hogging rule will be getting a full bashing of abuse too.

Offline jonnym

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #47 on: June 06, 2013, 11:13:17 pm »
As with anything the individual will always have the right to question the decision. It will be up to the police to prove it. I would imagine it will need video evidence.

For me it's long overdue.

What about Section19, you don't get any say in that and that's been open to abuse for some time.

Middle lane hogging, should be based on time I guess, but I agree very difficult to Police.

Section 19 of what act ?

Don't you mean 59 ??

Yeap 59... no evidence required.

This is off topic but I feel it deserves some response. S59's absolutely need evidence, however, alot are issued incorrectly with little or none. As I mentioned about re my post and tickets, if people appealed them they'd actually find their S59 will generally be binned. Although there is no formal appeal route to a S59, speak to the duty insp/letter to ticket office and they will deal with it. There are further steps after that.
Last year I was issued a S59 and within the hour it was withdrawn. Speeding in itself does not merit a S59.

I didn't mention speeding.
However, the point is the S59 IS abused and ARE given without any supporting evidence (as yours no doubt was), irrespective if that is right or wrong, it happens all the time... no doubt this middle lane hogging rule will be getting a full bashing of abuse too.

Yeh completely agree. Wasn't having a dig bud. Just was saying there should be evidence and if people looked to appeal they would generally win as the evidence won't be there. But as you say no required is perception which is unfortunately true. Anyway :)

Offline Biano44

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 14
  • The CC GT 200
« Reply #48 on: June 07, 2013, 01:22:22 am »
Middle lane hoggers are an issue and it is because they are nervous, scared, lazy or worried that no one will let them back out but there are just as many people, if not more that now sit in the "fast" lane.

Move over people, just move over. I know what the speed limit is but if I want to go faster than you, please just move over!

Ta.

Offline Mariedennis

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #49 on: June 19, 2013, 10:02:21 pm »
This is great news! :happy2:

Offline sub39h

• Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 84
« Reply #50 on: June 19, 2013, 11:02:42 pm »
i'm glad to see this. i've had fights with some of my mates about their appalling and selfish driving. i'm fed up of banging my head against a brick wall - maybe if one of them gets a fine that'll learn 'em

would just like to point out however that if it's enforced over lane positioning in 1/2mi, that's only 30 seconds or so at 60mph which is not all that long. "middle lane hogging" is unfortunately a slightly subjective thing. (for example, how much of a gap does one leave before pulling back over?)
2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line
DSG | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler
PLANS: Stage 2+

Offline AndrewJB

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 9
  • die gelbe Baron
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: June 20, 2013, 01:00:35 am »
Problem is with most of them, they are not aware of anything around them, i've seen it mentioned above if you look across at them they are day dreaming in the middle lane

The amount of times i see trucks switch lanes to get behind them and flash their lights and the car infront doesn't register that theres a big truck behind them flashing his lights.

i personally think that motorways should be part of the driving test or a separate test after the test
2014 Seat Leon Cupra 280 VWR Springs, VWR Intake, REVO Stage1
LeonOC.com & TDISport.com Administrator

Offline sub39h

• Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 84
« Reply #52 on: June 20, 2013, 09:15:16 am »
Definitely part of the test. You couldn't make it a separate test after because there would be no way to police who could and couldn't use the motorway
2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line
DSG | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler
PLANS: Stage 2+

Offline dmac1969

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 21
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: June 29, 2013, 09:04:11 pm »
Whereas I agree with everyone RE middle lane hoggers , making Motorway driving part of the test isnt feasible for all of us - ie , I live in Berwick upon Tweed , the nearest Mway is the other side of Edinburgh M8/9 (60 odd miles) , South of Newcastle (A1M- 70 miles) or South of Carlisle (M6-75 Miles). Now thats at least 60 to 90 mins driving on the sh*tty A1 , or over 2 hrs on the Abysmal A698/A7 to get to Carlisle - how long would an hours worth of Mway driving actually take inc actually getting there? half a day? And how much would it cost???? Non starter I'm afraid.
2005 Golf GTI 3 Door - Tornado Red. (2010 - 2012)

2008 Golf GTI 3 Door - Candy White , 18" Monza II's , Leather , Armrest , Rear Park sensors. (current car)

Offline Baz300

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 26
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: July 07, 2013, 08:09:36 am »
Whereas I agree with everyone RE middle lane hoggers , making Motorway driving part of the test isnt feasible for all of us - ie , I live in Berwick upon Tweed , the nearest Mway is the other side of Edinburgh M8/9 (60 odd miles) , South of Newcastle (A1M- 70 miles) or South of Carlisle (M6-75 Miles). Now thats at least 60 to 90 mins driving on the sh*tty A1 , or over 2 hrs on the Abysmal A698/A7 to get to Carlisle - how long would an hours worth of Mway driving actually take inc actually getting there? half a day? And how much would it cost???? Non starter I'm afraid.

I'm in a similar situation up in Aberdeenshire, nearest motorway is 90 miles away at Perth but its still only a 2 lane motorway at Perth.

I Have had very little motorway driving experience but when I drove down to Skegness a few years ago I had enough common sense to know what lane to be in.

Offline xjay1337

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 377
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,88399.0.html
« Reply #55 on: July 08, 2013, 12:37:14 pm »
A large proportion of people live within 20-30 minutes of a motorway or a national speed limit dual carriageway.
It's not a hard concept to grasp. Use the inside lane unless you are overtaking.

Offline jonnym

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #56 on: July 08, 2013, 05:12:16 pm »
This is the video I wanted to post but didn't work.....

Offline xjay1337

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 377
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,88399.0.html
« Reply #57 on: July 08, 2013, 05:15:27 pm »
Haha what a good commentary. F%#ING NOB-ED.

Offline jonnym

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #58 on: July 08, 2013, 06:07:35 pm »
Haha what a good commentary. F%#ING NOB-ED.

Probably should visit my journeys on the north circ and through east london! Might get a bit of commentary like that :/

Lol though!