Make a donation

Author Topic: Can anyone help with this ?  (Read 1405 times)

Offline Ramsay

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 1
Re: Can anyone help with this ?
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2013, 10:03:00 pm »
the only thing i was querying for was incase they had changed everything to make it look like a GTi.  But it does look as though the docs are wrong how i don't know lol.

Im pretty sure that its 200bhp, just seems to pull like a train compared to the TDi (170 bhp) i test drove.

Checking my insurance as well they have it down as GT fsi !! phoning first thing tomorrow to get the model changed doesn't look as thought the price will fluctuate any, well fingers crossed.

Offline Scottymon

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 83
  • -Receive: 125
  • UnNaturally Aspirated
  • My Ride: http://www.voodish.co.uk/misc/6n/6n-alive1.jpg
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2013, 10:16:48 am »
Defo a GTI with the right engine code, as someone else said just make sure it's insured as such, easy for these price comparison sites to grab the wrong data from the number plate. :happy2:

Offline Ramsay

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2013, 12:08:47 pm »
Thanks for all the help :D

Contacted VW and they have told me there has been a mistake whilst registering the vehicle, it was an import from the netherlands but was first registered in the UK.  I have to take the V5 to sales and admin and explain and she said they will take the V5 get it amended and send a new one out.

However on contacting my insurance company he refused to change the car over to a GTi as on the logbook it says its a GT fsi, he contacted the underwriter (apparently) and they stated that as long as the log book matches then they wont change it, I then explained how it may look like i have modified the car and changed the engine but the guy was adamant and would not change it.  He said he will put my call in writing against my policy stating that I have called up and tried to change the policy should anything happen.

I am very uncertain about this so will be getting the logbook changed and giving them another call, the info from the insurance company seems a bit flimsy.

Offline edd666999

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 89
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2013, 04:05:45 pm »

Contacted VW and they have told me there has been a mistake whilst registering the vehicle, it was an import from the netherlands but was first registered in the UK.  I have to take the V5 to sales and admin and explain and she said they will take the V5 get it amended and send a new one out.

However on contacting my insurance company he refused to change the car over to a GTi as on the logbook it says its a GT fsi, he contacted the underwriter (apparently) and they stated that as long as the log book matches then they wont change it, I then explained how it may look like i have modified the car and changed the engine but the guy was adamant and would not change it.  He said he will put my call in writing against my policy stating that I have called up and tried to change the policy should anything happen.

I am very uncertain about this so will be getting the logbook changed and giving them another call, the info from the insurance company seems a bit flimsy.

Ask for that in writing.

Offline OSB

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 17
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2013, 04:14:52 pm »

That insurance sounds really iffy.
Have you tried other insurance companies to see what they say?
When I got my GTI  I went with the insurance that VW offered - I thought it would be expensive but turned out £50 a year less than the cheapest reasonable quote I had. Might be worth giving them a call.