Offline simonp

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 38
  • No longer a Golfer
Re: iOS7
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2013, 01:33:30 pm »
Looks like a step (or few) closer to the android OS.

Seconded. Looks to me like they nicked all the best bits of Android then gave it an Appley sugar coating in the hope that no one would notice...

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2013, 02:18:28 pm »
Looks like a step (or few) closer to the android OS.

Seconded. Looks to me like they nicked all the best bits of Android then gave it an Appley sugar coating in the hope that no one would notice...

So pretty much the same as what Android did with Apple then?

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
  • -Given: 282
  • -Receive: 240
  • I'm the F.A.G (Forum Apple Guru)
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2013, 07:32:38 pm »
hi had os 7 on my jailbroken 3gs about 3 years ago, ...lol, i personnaly think apple are taking the p now

I call bullsh*t on that! How have you had an OS that didn't even exist till late Nov 2012 (when Apple started working on it), on a phone that wouldn't even support its features, 3 years ago?  :confused:

Having had every iOS beta since iOS 3 me thinks someone is telling pork pies!!  :stupid:

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 801
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=5gg63dh5mgsp3rqattashuuu7p&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2013, 07:34:26 pm »
Ive been running iOS9 on my iPhone 6 now for that past 3 months.....

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2013, 07:37:53 pm »

You're way behind the curve. I have the iPhone Titanium X and iOSR-Tech. Fcuk me the phone is quicker than the computer that controls the Hadron Particle Collider at CERN.  :evilgrin:

Offline rich83

• Thank You
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=5gg63dh5mgsp3rqattashuuu7p&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2013, 07:41:25 pm »

You're way behind the curve. I have the iPhone Titanium X and iOSR-Tech. Fcuk me the phone is quicker than the computer that controls the Hadron Particle Collider at CERN.  :evilgrin:

Forgot to mention.. ive had the iPhone 6 actually built into my skull and hooked up to my actual retina... 163ยบ retina vision (doesnt seem to work very well in the dark tho)

Im currently walking around poking myself in the eye.... getting some funny looks!

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2013, 07:53:54 pm »
I see you have the flawed Total Recall edition. It's been superseded by the Titanium X. I won't tell you where its been built in to but my wife loves it when I take a phone call and it's set to silent.  :evilgrin:

Offline rich83

• Thank You
    • MK5 Golf GTI
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2013, 08:01:18 pm »
I see you have the flawed Total Recall edition. It's been superseded by the Titanium X. I won't tell you where its been built in to but my wife loves it when I take a phone call and it's set to silent.  :evilgrin:

Ahh... i see you went for the vertical slot mount edition?  :grin:

Offline alfboden

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2013, 09:04:22 pm »
I'm running it and the new ui is genuinely stunning. Could do with some polish but it's only the first beta.

Black 5dr Edition 30 No. 1045

Offline jlin9

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2013, 07:24:31 am »
When is Ios7 available to update to (not jailbroken)

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 44
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2013, 08:02:15 am »
hi had os 7 on my jailbroken 3gs about 3 years ago, ...lol, i personnaly think apple are taking the p now

I call bullsh*t on that! How have you had an OS that didn't even exist till late Nov 2012 (when Apple started working on it), on a phone that wouldn't even support its features, 3 years ago?  :confused:

Having had every iOS beta since iOS 3 me thinks someone is telling pork pies!!  :stupid:

It was a tongue in cheek comment. Basically, he meant he had been running jailbreak mods since then which did more or less what iOS 7 does.

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 44
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2013, 08:03:03 am »
When is Ios7 available to update to (not jailbroken)

It will be available on general release the day before the next iPhone is released. So sometime in Sep/Oct. This is onlly the first beta version, aimed at being a developer preview.

Offline jedi-knight83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 41
    • Cambridge Autogleam Detailing
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2013, 06:59:36 pm »
Upgraded to iOS7 Beta this morning.

A few nice touches but on the whole I'm not so sure the simplicity works. lots of areas that still need polishing though so maybe once its finished it will be better?

a light background doesnt really work though as lots of text becomes impossible to see..

Golf GTI DSG "ED30 Tribute" - RTech: 254bhp / 323lbft | MK6 GTI DSG S.Wheel | MK6 GTI speedo | MK6 climate | RCD510DAB | Bluetooth | Milltek Cat back | H&R Springs & Rear ARB | WALK | 19" BBS CH | MK7R 340mm brakes - INFO

Offline jedi-knight83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 41
    • Cambridge Autogleam Detailing
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2013, 05:04:44 pm »
So I've been playing more..

First time i've tried a beta version out. Registered as a dev just out of curiosity really as its such a big change from previous ios and i wanted to play.

Lots of glitches with the transparency becoming completely see through but aware this is a beta so I'm confident they will be sorted.

top bar see through

then re open the app and its fine

Lots of overlapping txt. Some in voicemail and some in the siri help screen.

Really like the control centre (although this is ancient tech from jailbreak.. but its well implemented and will only enhance the user experience. Good to see basic things finally improved like flashlight and calculator now with percent key on the main screen! and being able to quickly set alarms from the control centre

Love the lock screen. Very elegant and simple although the transparent theme has issues with different colour backgrounds I've found. Think they need to give  the clock some shadow for contrast but again I'm sure it will be fixed. Even the slide to unlock is a little hard to make out some times.

I dont personally like the new icons and not sure there is a set theme across them. Some are faded top to bottom and others the other way round. Doesnt seem 100% harmonious yet. The elegance of the lock screen is let down by the primary school icons once you open into the home screen.

However, I love the way when you open an app it now 'zooms out' from its icon and the reverse when you press the home button to close.

The compass with spirit level feature is another nice touch.

As is the panoramic wallpapers. Very cool and you can use panoramic shots you have taken yourself.

Obviously many apps dont work at all or crash regularly. Will be interesting to see what app developers do with the new style. Will they have to make apps that sense if the user is on ios6 or ios7 and apply buttons and keyboards accordingly?

I REALLY hope they do open up airdrop to work between iOS devices and Desktop / Laptops as well.

For a Beta1 it seems pretty stable although i will be going back to ios6 for a bit as napster app doesnt work at all and tomtom crashes and i use both of those regularly. Look forward to trying a later beta though.
Golf GTI DSG "ED30 Tribute" - RTech: 254bhp / 323lbft | MK6 GTI DSG S.Wheel | MK6 GTI speedo | MK6 climate | RCD510DAB | Bluetooth | Milltek Cat back | H&R Springs & Rear ARB | WALK | 19" BBS CH | MK7R 340mm brakes - INFO

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2013, 07:29:40 pm »

Quite buggy on m 4S expected on 1st beta though.  A couple more JB tweaks made their way into iOS :)

I think the UI might change still a little over the next few betas.  Overall I'm liking it