Make a donation

Author Topic: New S3 pricing released  (Read 8036 times)

Offline Deako

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 44
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
Re: New S3 pricing released
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2013, 01:59:36 pm »
Not much in the price of an S3 specced up and the M135i i would want.

Offline Leonard

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2013, 02:07:23 pm »
As already mentioned (on every forum probably LOL)

BMW M135i fully loaded and discounted to £30,500 with 5 year service pack makes it seem very expensive! Especially when it consistently beats the RS3 in tests yet alone S3.....

Offline gtipirelli

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 7
  • Golf GTi Pirelli
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2013, 08:24:09 am »
Anyone been given any prices on the Audi pcp deals yet on the S3 for the std car with no extras
Golf GTi Pirelli - Diamond Black, 5 Door - SOLD
now 718 Cayman S PDK

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 44
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2013, 08:26:21 am »

BMW M135i fully loaded and discounted to £30,500 with 5 year service pack makes it seem very expensive! Especially when it consistently beats the RS3 in tests yet alone S3.....

Are those prices still achieveable?

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2013, 11:53:51 am »

Rs3 is old chassis, s3 is new like the 1 series. Not exactly a fair comparison. And it only beats the rs3 on "steering feel, and driver enjoyment" it's still a slower than the rs3.

If steering feel and driver enjoyment is what you want from your car, and practicality isn't an issue buy a cayman.

Offline Leonard

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2013, 12:00:47 pm »

Are those prices still achieveable?

Yes I was going to place an order last month and was getting 10% off list and 5 year service pack :)

Decided to save £10k in the end though and went for the facelift 335i coupe instead

Offline Leonard

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2013, 12:03:04 pm »

Rs3 is old chassis, s3 is new like the 1 series. Not exactly a fair comparison. And it only beats the rs3 on "steering feel, and driver enjoyment" it's still a slower than the rs3.

If steering feel and driver enjoyment is what you want from your car, and practicality isn't an issue buy a cayman.

Having driven both I would say the 1 series is darn near as fast as the RS3 once moving and lets not forget its RWD ;) Cayman would be my choice though for sure if practicality wasnt an issue  :happy2:

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2013, 12:20:32 pm »
It only beats it on steering feel and driver enjoyment? I'd say that's 2 very important aspects to be better on, we're hardly talking radio reception and brightness of indicators!!

The M135i has pretty much won every 'best' award this year. The S3 hasn't exactly been well received, the MK7 seems to be the better buy from the VAG camp...

« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 12:24:54 pm by tony_danza »
Sideways yo!

Offline Leonard

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2013, 12:52:00 pm »
I would just say that they are all awesome cars. Take value for money out the equation and the fact that most will only get driven at 8/10th's and its horses for courses really.

Be boring world if we all liked the same  :laugh:

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2013, 12:54:37 pm »
It only beats it on steering feel and driver enjoyment? I'd say that's 2 very important aspects to be better on, we're hardly talking radio reception and brightness of indicators!!

The M135i has pretty much won every 'best' award this year. The S3 hasn't exactly been well received, the MK7 seems to be the better buy from the VAG camp...

It's important depending on who you are and what you want from your car! Haven't seen many car reviews of the s3 but tbh do we really need to read them to know what the magazines will write? It's always gonna be the same, a BMW has to drive like a BMW and a Audi has to drive like a Audi.

Both are high sellers, both have different reciepe for success.

This brings to mind my friend who traded in his TTRS for a new M5, his wife lost the back end on it and now refuses to drive it so he's got her another Audi to drive the kids around in. It works for some it doesn't for other.

I wouldn't blanket one as being better than the other, they are just different

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2013, 12:55:48 pm »
I agree with TD.  The three most important apects of an sports car or hot hatch are performance, steering feel and driver enjoyment.  

The M135i trumps the RS3 on 2 of these and does this for over 10k less!!     Look how unhappy CH was in that review, he said he didnt care if the BMW was slower than the RS3 because irrelevant of its time, it was an unpleasent chassis and whilst it might have been quikcer than the M135i on a lap, it was still slower on the drag race, despite having to the advantage of the laucnh control and traction, so give it a rolling start, i reckon it would be beaten by a larger margin.  Its going to be embarrassed bigstyle when the 1M is released.

On the subject of the new S3, i highly doubt it will be in the same league as the RS3 performance wise, and no doubt handling as well, so the difference between the M135i I expect will be huge.  Especially considering the S3/M135i are direct competitors.

Previously VAG had the trump card on tunability over the BMW range, now i dont think they have that anymore.  :grin:   Some people get hung up on VAG being superior to everything else on the market.  There is life outside of VAG  :innocent:

Look at how much money we all throw at VAGs to make them handle well, with the BMW, you dont need to waste that money.

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2013, 01:01:02 pm »
This brings to mind my friend who traded in his TTRS for a new M5, his wife lost the back end on it and now refuses to drive it so he's got her another Audi to drive the kids around in. It works for some it doesn't for other.

So are you sayingthat if your a girl drive a TTRS, if your a man drive a BMW?

Ill get my coat  :innocent:   :evilgrin:

Offline Leonard

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2013, 01:06:51 pm »

So are you sayingthat if your a girl drive a TTRS, if your a man drive a BMW?

Ill get my coat  :innocent:   :evilgrin:

TBH I feel like more of a girl in my BMW coupe than I have in any previous car  :grin: Not really sure I am a BMW person but I can appreciate the engineering and performance and look past the image (I think...... :signLOL:)

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2013, 01:37:01 pm »
To be fair to the rs3 Chris Harris was driving it like a cock, and the 1 series was on much superior rubber, near enough a semi slick and it was still slower. In the real world I reckon the rs3 would demolish especially with British weather.

I agree what you say about hot hatches etc and I can't understand why some people just buy VAG's all their life. Boring!!!

Porsche for next I think, they just feel so alive when you drive them, in comparison to a vag, it's like you are going from black and white TV to 3d HD, it's just another world

Offline crafto

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2013, 01:41:59 pm »
A bit off topic but does can anybody confirm if the enigne in the new S3 is the same as the new golf MK7 GTI? And if so does this mean there is good tuning potential for the mk7?