Make a donation

Author Topic: Possibly the best trim detailer ever?  (Read 8126 times)

veedub18

Possibly the best trim detailer ever?
« on: November 30, 2008, 02:31:06 pm »
Well, I've just spent most Saturday cleaning my MK5 GTI in readiness for applying some c4 from Gtechniq.

I usually use Zaino Z16 on my plastic trims and very happy with it, but it wears off after about 3 to 4weeks so looking for a longer lasting upgrade.I'll be using it on my tyres from now on.

Firstly I wiped all the trims down with IPA, let them dry properly and got stuck in!

Well I was amazed, seriously! This stuff goes a very long way, even with a few tiny drops on the little makeup remover pad I was able to do the whole plastic trim at the bottom of the windscreen, quite easily. It makes the plastic look brand new, and that is no exaggeration.
I was able to do the whole cars plastic trims, bumpers and window rubbers with the 15ml bottle, and used what was left on my wifes daily driver 8 year old Golfs front and rear bumpers greying trim. Wow! It now looks as good as new, far better than anything I have ever used. No fake sheen, its just like new plastic.

I cant remark on the amount of time it'll last, as I've only just applied it, but I'm more impressed with it than any other product I have ever used, (and thats a LOT of products!). It drizzled after I had finished, and it was beading beautifully. If it lasts half as long as quoted, I'll be one happy bunny!

I'm seriously that impressed, I'm going to place another order to finish off the wifes and parents cars, and keep some "in stock"!

Update

I've just been out for a drive in the pouring rain today, and its still beading perfectly. The only downside is thats its VERY expensive. Works out about £25 for 15ml delivered. This is about the right amount to do a GTI with, just a little bit left over.

« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 02:32:53 pm by veedub18 »

Offline JPC

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 93
  • -Receive: 111
Re: Possibly the best trim detailer ever?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2008, 06:00:12 pm »
id also agree c4 is in a class of its own. it is very expensive but its a completely different technology

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2008, 07:16:08 pm »
Sounds very promising. Would need to know about longevity. No point buying the stuff if you have to apply it every week!  :laugh:

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

veedub18

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2008, 06:05:59 pm »
Sounds very promising. Would need to know about longevity. No point buying the stuff if you have to apply it every week!  :laugh:

Its meant to last 2 years with no maintenance at all. I've seen pics of 7 month old and it still looks perfect and beading beautifully.

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 54
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2008, 06:43:42 pm »
where did you buy it ?

veedub18

Offline JPC

• Thank You
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2008, 09:53:29 am »
rob hoyle aka lob oil!

matt a

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2008, 02:40:20 pm »
25ml for £36.50 delivered, is it that good?

Any pictures?

Offline JPC

• Thank You
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2008, 02:41:08 pm »
in terms of a trim detailer, its very expensive but you find better

veedub18

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2008, 05:59:01 pm »
15ml is £23, and it is enough to do most cars plastic trim. I doubt you will find anything better, and last anywhere near as this  :happy2:

veedub18

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2008, 08:50:39 am »
Ok just a quick update.

A couple of weeks in and 2 decent washes of the GTI, and all plastic trim is beading beautifully and very simple to wipe clean  :happy2: I even treated the door trim and window rubbers, these all look brand new and also beading great! I highly recommend this product. I did all the front honeycomb grill with it, and that is also a lot better, no water spots at all and very easy to clean and dry now.

Great stuff, very impressed.  :xmaslaugh:

Phil Mcavity

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2008, 07:48:04 pm »
Fancy giving Phylis a going over Newgolfveedub18  :laugh:

Offline evvo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 0
    • Moshi Monsters Cheat Codes
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2008, 11:50:45 pm »
heres a trick for you on external plastics try peanut butter and im not taking the piss the oils in it bring the plastic up a treat  :happy2:
Completly standard 1977 Miami Blue MK1 Polo N 27500 miles one owner from new!

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2008, 12:09:15 am »
heres a trick for you on external plastics try peanut butter and im not taking the piss the oils in it bring the plastic up a treat  :happy2:

Just make sure its the smooth and not the crunchy variety.

veedub18

« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2008, 07:00:38 am »

This does work, but it doesn't last very long. Plus you get cats (NO IDEAS TC!) licking your car......  :rolleye: