Make a donation

Author Topic: Too fast??  (Read 14562 times)

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
Re: Too fast??
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2009, 11:07:22 pm »
Interesting topic guys, have to say. IMO it's all down to your own taste. Some will get bored of power very quickly cough-JC, Hurdy-cough  :grin: and some are happy with the car as standard. But I would like to see how many people on here that have gone for further mods (TBE etc) and then thought "it's to fast, i'm taking it off!!!".. Not many at a guess :signLOL:

Im looking foward to running Stage 1 in either Apr or Bluefin at this moment in time.
Same thoughts about the downpipe whether to splash on that aswell.I dont want the Non Res Exhaust to become too loud .But want to see 1st the improovement of the map before doubling my expense. Pointless going too mad for a front wheel drive (imo)as i feel the Edition 30 is in standard form , is a very well balanced car.
I hope the remap doesnt ruin the cars appeal as it has currently. Less agressive route would be preferable rather the the more Agressive Revo map offering,and also stop the rate it'll chew DSG clutch packs and Tyres by overdoing it.

On a seperate note, I Have touched base with Jkm today and have made arrangements for next month already with them, so i am itching to get underway.

Nice to see you have decided to join the dark side pal  :happy2:. I'm sure whatever software you go with you will love it mate. But I wouldn't dismiss Revo to quickly though Steve in regards to it being to aggressive. The Select + switch can give you pretty much whatever power delivery you want. I have tried all sorts on mine, from very progressive, to highly aggressive.. Just food for thought ..  :wink:
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 11:09:48 pm by Vtec Abuser »

Phil Mcavity

« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2009, 09:13:05 pm »
cheers Ben, although since posting i have purchased in agreement with a forum user on her. Bluefin stage 1 with handset, for £185  :notworthy:

Cheap deal and has been cleared with Bluefin themselves.Which does free-up some funds for Possible Downpipe and Cat should she need to go a tad faster

:drinking:

Good to see you around Ben  :happy2:

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2009, 09:54:34 pm »
cheers Ben, although since posting i have purchased in agreement with a forum user on her. Bluefin stage 1 with handset, for £185  :notworthy:

Cheap deal and has been cleared with Bluefin themselves.Which does free-up some funds for Possible Downpipe and Cat should she need to go a tad faster

:drinking:

Good to see you around Ben  :happy2:

I think you will enjoy stage 1 Phil but......

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2009, 11:05:48 pm »

I think you will enjoy stage 1 Phil but......

.... :laugh: :evilgrin: :laugh: :evilgrin: :laugh:

Methinks that we might know something that Phil doesn't.................

.......yet!!

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2009, 12:50:01 am »
Power corrupts.......absolute power corrupts absolutely :rolleye:
Golf R gone.

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2009, 10:11:55 am »
Power corrupts.......absolute power corrupts absolutely :rolleye:

There speaks the voice of experience.  :signLOL:

Offline candy turbo

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 11
« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2009, 11:13:36 am »
i have just read this thread and i thinkk a point is being missed  ITS THIS DAMMED FORUM !!! :laugh: , I KEEP SAYING MY CAR IS COMPLETE  but then i read something or go to a meet and realize i NEED some thing else
  the standard gti is a cracking car the ed 30 much much better i done my research on re maps before sticking with custom code who have done my 3 previous cars and i dont know why people dont give them more consideration , i dont want to alter the map , change fueling etc i dont know enough about it ! i just wanted to up the power a little which imo cc did a treat ! imo after stage 1 its in your head not in your car !!!! toms s3 is a brilliant example stage 1 and its awesome "faster "than most who have gone over the top but etto i suppose  :driver:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2009, 11:27:02 am »
^^^^
:laugh: I hear you loud and clear, Ian!

I keep telling myself that my car is complete too, but within the last half-hour Chris (WhiteGTI) tells me how great his new TD lightweight wheels are and why.

I need a nurse (hot and slender only please!).

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline candy turbo

• Thank You
« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2009, 11:32:32 am »
i personally look at wheels as cosmetic and i think td s  look horrible  :sick: oem , bbs or oz are the only way to go for vw s  :happy2:

Offline candy turbo

• Thank You
« Reply #39 on: August 16, 2009, 11:44:10 am »
even mrs candy can t get my attention from the car !

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2009, 11:56:51 am »

even mrs candy can t get my attention from the car !

....Another candidate for the VAG Babes thread!

Nice smile - I love the fun attitude she obviously has.

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
« Reply #41 on: August 16, 2009, 11:57:28 am »
i personally look at wheels as cosmetic and i think td s  look horrible  :sick: oem , bbs or oz are the only way to go for vw s  :happy2:

No, no, no!

You have it all wrong. Wheels are far from cosmetic.

Imagine putting Ronaldo in a set of Jimmy Choo designer shoes and putting him onto the field. Or worse, a pair of waders.

He would be slower and turning a corner would become a major hassle. Put him in some lightweight footy boots with the latest insoles, studs and cushoining and it makes him play how he should. :happy2:

Admittedly TD Pro race 1.2's aren't the newest or best, but for what they are designed to do, they do it very well. :smiley:
Golf R gone.

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #42 on: August 16, 2009, 12:00:17 pm »
Interesting topic guys, have to say. IMO it's all down to your own taste. Some will get bored of power very quickly cough-JC, Hurdy tfsi mike-cough  :grin: and some are happy with the car as standard. But I would like to see how many people on here that have gone for further mods (TBE etc) and then thought "it's to fast, i'm taking it off!!!".. Not many at a guess :signLOL:

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2009, 12:03:28 pm »
Interesting topic guys, have to say. IMO it's all down to your own taste. Some will get bored of power very quickly cough-JC, Hurdy tfsi mike-cough  :grin: and some are happy with the car as standard. But I would like to see how many people on here that have gone for further mods (TBE etc) and then thought "it's to fast, i'm taking it off!!!".. Not many at a guess :signLOL:

And even when we think we've finished there is always something else that comes along as we know - isn't there Mike :laugh:
Golf R gone.

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #44 on: August 16, 2009, 12:14:51 pm »

Clutch Next month, then PCV fix, Major service (20K), WALK then back on track for Powwwwwwwwwwer