Make a donation

Author Topic: Too fast??  (Read 14571 times)

Offline Aparoon

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
Too fast??
« on: August 12, 2009, 09:34:35 pm »
Ive not gone mad but does anybody else sometimes think that their car is way faster than it needs to be? Compared to some on here my car prob sounds a bit slow, i have a remapped edition 30 with panel filter and nothing else :ashamed:

I have just been out for a drive and it just seems really fast, ive been going mad recently for a sports cat and dp but when i think about it i really dont need it, i dont know why i want it to be any faster :confused:

Is it just me? Dont flog me too hard  :scared:
Edition 30 DSG, Revo 2+,BSH Intake, Autotech hpfp, Blueflame TBE,  Eibach Sportlines, Speedline Turini's GONE

Offline gazbutS3

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 55
    • Email
Re: Too fast??
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2009, 09:48:55 pm »
I know exactly what your sayin pal, espcially if your cars a daily driver sometimes it can be to much, I'm in the same boat at the minute, the S3 is runnin REVO and TBE, and recently I've had an itch for a HPFP and stg 2+, but I really like the way the car makes its power at the minute and it isn't exactly slow. The stg2+ will turn it a bit lairy and can't decide if thats what I want.

My ED30 was runnin APR HPFP, TBE and map and it was fantastic but anything but dry and it was a handfull.

But you can't help but want more, is it human nature? I know I'm not kiddin myself and the pump will be on before the end of the month :smiley:

Offline VC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 80
  • -Receive: 93
    • Very Cherry Stickers and Decals
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2009, 09:53:58 pm »
You're talking about finding the base of the modding slope right?

Good luck!  :wink:

Phil Mcavity

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2009, 10:00:16 pm »
Im looking foward to running Stage 1 in either Apr or Bluefin at this moment in time.
Same thoughts about the downpipe whether to splash on that aswell.I dont want the Non Res Exhaust to become too loud .But want to see 1st the improovement of the map before doubling my expense. Pointless going too mad for a front wheel drive (imo)as i feel the Edition 30 is in standard form , is a very well balanced car.
I hope the remap doesnt ruin the cars appeal as it has currently. Less agressive route would be preferable rather the the more Agressive Revo map offering,and also stop the rate it'll chew DSG clutch packs and Tyres by overdoing it.

On a seperate note, I Have touched base with Jkm today and have made arrangements for next month already with them, so i am itching to get underway.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 10:06:42 pm by Phil Mcavity »

Offline Cochese

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2009, 10:00:51 pm »
 You're car is as fast as it needs to be, it was when it was standard, but is it fast enough? Nope, nothing is ever fast enough... :evilgrin:
Pieces of eight!

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2009, 10:00:58 pm »
It's only as fast as you want it to be. You can have all the power in the world, doesn't mean you have to use it!  :evilgrin:

''Everything in moderation''  :happy2:

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2009, 10:01:32 pm »

I know I'm not kiddin myself and the pump will be on before the end of the month :smiley:

:evilgrin: :congrats:  life is always easier when your honest with yourself.  :grin:

Offline Beddie

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 76
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2009, 10:01:44 pm »
Ive not gone mad but does anybody else sometimes think that their car is way faster than it needs to be? Compared to some on here my car prob sounds a bit slow, i have a remapped edition 30 with panel filter and nothing else :ashamed:

I have just been out for a drive and it just seems really fast, ive been going mad recently for a sports cat and dp but when i think about it i really dont need it, i dont know why i want it to be any faster :confused:

Woooooah! Spooky mate....
Just been out for an hour in mine, absolutely kicked the crap out of it and used half a tank of juice :driver:
Was thinking exactly the same about mine, waaaaaay spooky, must be the family link lol  :laugh:

Tornado Red ED30 : Number 1644 - Gone

Carbon Grey Edition 35 - Here

Offline NB07

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 26
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2009, 10:26:24 pm »
certainly wasnt expecting a post on this forum saying dont remap its too fast  :signLOL:

Im looking foward to running Stage 1 in either Apr or Bluefin at this moment in time.
Same thoughts about the downpipe whether to splash on that aswell.I dont want the Non Res Exhaust to become too loud .But want to see 1st the improovement of the map before doubling my expense. Pointless going too mad for a front wheel drive (imo)as i feel the Edition 30 is in standard form , is a very well balanced car.
I hope the remap doesnt ruin the cars appeal as it has currently. Less agressive route would be preferable rather the the more Agressive Revo map offering,and also stop the rate it'll chew DSG clutch packs and Tyres by overdoing it.

On a seperate note, I Have touched base with Jkm today and have made arrangements for next month already with them, so i am itching to get underway.

you have to be progressive with the throttle (as robin says) not aggressive!! good luck tho its pretty nice once youve dont itbut as everyone "normally" says on here theres always something next! im quite happy with a filter and revo for the minute but will probably end up with a HPFP and blueflame eventually lol.  :happy2:
Black Edition 30 DSG - Gone but not forgotten!

Offline Aparoon

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2009, 10:30:56 pm »
Dont get me wrong i love my map, i wouldnt take it off, but i just know its more than fast enough and still want more lol, very strange, i have these debates with myself 2 or 3 times a day  :stupid:
Edition 30 DSG, Revo 2+,BSH Intake, Autotech hpfp, Blueflame TBE,  Eibach Sportlines, Speedline Turini's GONE

Offline NB07

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 26
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2009, 10:44:48 pm »
strange? i think thats completely normal get saving  :party:
Black Edition 30 DSG - Gone but not forgotten!

Offline wigit

• Thank You
  • -Given: 129
  • -Receive: 42
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2009, 10:51:35 pm »
i know how you feel, pirelli will stop at stage 1 (i fear this will be used against me) but have cravings with the scirocco, resist resist

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2009, 10:53:17 pm »
I have a few takes on this one.......

1.Too much power is never enough.

2. It is better to have power and not need it, than to need power and not have it.

3. A car that seems too fast is either being driven out of the owners capability or out of the cars - if it is the latter, then simply redress the area that has the shortcomings.

:happy2:
Golf R gone.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2009, 10:53:25 pm »

Very interesting topic! I've often thought that I don't need any more power and have consequently spent my money on things like suspension and Quaife and brakes. I very rarely get wheelspin and enjoy my car's handling and balance.

She's not the fastest GTI out there but so what - She's taut and tactile and able to go for fast overtakes without risking my licence every time.

:happy2:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline SO8

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2009, 11:27:03 pm »

I have a remapped Edition 30 (and a panel filter which has been in the garage for a month  :ashamed:) ...... and I am very happy with it.  The map has been on the car for getting towards a year and without any problems. 

I have a more aggressive map and have tried that a few times but, TBH, I really like the power delivery of the more 'modest' older Superchips DSG map I am running.  It seems to really suit the car and allows me to deploy all power much more readily than the more aggressive newer map.  I can swap maps when I like - as they are both on the laptop - but haven't .... the older less aggressive map still enables me to complete overtakes far more safely than when I was running the car as standard  !    Oh, and still gives nearly 300bhp  :laugh:

I can afford a TBE if I want .... but don't want to 'ruin' the feel of the car which is very important to me.  I have had quicker cars but being able to 'thrash' a car every now and then and not run the risk of getting locked up is more fun .....

There is alot to be said for being able to use all of the power more often than 'most' of the power sometimes .... and carefully at that.   

This all said, I really want a TBE to make the top end fizz  :evilgrin: :evilgrin: