Make a donation

Author Topic: Today I have mostly been..........Fitting an ITG CAI  (Read 63658 times)

Offline gazbutS3

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 55
    • Email
Re: Today I have mostly been..........Fitting an ITG CAI
« Reply #165 on: September 24, 2009, 09:59:09 pm »
it was the std fit I was referring too  :wink:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #166 on: September 24, 2009, 10:03:39 pm »
^^^^
Still off topic I know, but I can't help thinking that BSH haven't fully considered how their CatchCan kit fits into the whole range of cars on the 2.0T FSI platform. A poor oversight imo.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline gazbutS3

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #167 on: September 24, 2009, 10:05:24 pm »
the catch can kit I bought was for the mk5 GTI, so I can't complain really Robin, they don't get the S3 in the states so thay havn't developed a kit for it.    don't be a hater :smiley:

Offline john_o

• Thank You
  • -Given: 136
  • -Receive: 108
    • My Car Blog
« Reply #168 on: September 24, 2009, 10:05:35 pm »
@ RR dont you start ! its a catch can ! what is it with this forum today ??????  :surprised:
Red ED35 5dr DSG
DEFI boost guage / RTech Stg1 Engine/DSG / PPMk7 front brakes
BLOG | BUILD

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #169 on: September 24, 2009, 10:07:32 pm »
the catch can kit I bought was for the mk5 GTI, so I can't complain really Robin, they don't get the S3 in the states so thay havn't developed a kit for it.    don't be a hater :smiley:

Amen to that!  :happy2:

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
  • -Given: 117
  • -Receive: 340
    • My Project
« Reply #170 on: September 24, 2009, 10:09:00 pm »
^^^^
Still off topic I know, but I can't help thinking that BSH haven't fully considered how their CatchCan kit fits into the whole range of cars on the 2.0T FSI platform. A poor oversight imo.

Why done you just return it Robin as your constant and multiple criticisms of their product all across the site today is really starting to take the piss now.

If this was a GB you had organised or a product from one of your "preferred companies" I am sure we will not being seeing the same attitude.

Offline KRL

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 29
« Reply #171 on: September 24, 2009, 10:15:21 pm »
Well if any of you S3 boys find a decent spot be sure to post it up.  I'm going to install the catch can somewhere anyway as I won't be getting a CAI for a little while yet.

Offline gazbutS3

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #172 on: September 24, 2009, 10:18:19 pm »
Well if any of you S3 boys find a decent spot be sure to post it up.  I'm going to install the catch can somewhere anyway as I won't be getting a CAI for a little while yet.

I'll post some pics 2 morra pal, where I've put mine for the minute, I've used 1 of the std battery tray mount bolts which meant not drilling or fettling anything so if/when I have to move it for the intake it won't be an issue :happy2:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #173 on: September 24, 2009, 10:18:28 pm »

Yeh yay yay! Tut-tut! I'm not being a hater - I'm merely voicing a critical opinion. I'm not on an anti-BSH mission but merely pointing out a shortcoming.

Does it not make good commercial sense that if you are developing and manufacturing a product for a particular engine (in this case the 2.0T FSI), then you would achieve more sales by considering your product's design so it would apply successfully to as many cars in the range as possible? Surely it's a no-brainer? Can you really say that this way of thinking is wrong?

I'm not asking everyone to agree with me but what's the point of sharing what I believe is a valid opinion if it results in me being called "a hater"? :rolleye:

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline gazbutS3

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #174 on: September 24, 2009, 10:21:36 pm »
wasn't callin you a hater it was meant as a light hearted jib, hence the smiley. I agree with what your sayin but as far as I know thay don't get any other tfsi variants in the states, they maybe should have looked further a field at the other tfsi's but what do they use for development?

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #175 on: September 24, 2009, 10:28:03 pm »
^^^^

Why done you just return it Robin as your constant and multiple criticisms of their product all across the site today is really starting to take the piss now.

....As you are aware, Steve, the CatchCan is currently being discussed in several threads and I am merely responding to individual posts as they occur. But I'll try and shutup about Catch Cans.

If this was a GB you had organised or a product from one of your "preferred companies" I am sure we will not being seeing the same attitude.

....Not so, but I don't expect you're prepared to change your opinion of what you call my "attitude". We all have our "preferred companies" - Our individual preferences are a result of good experiences. Loyalties, whether to brands or otherwise, are built on good experiences. A forum is a place where fellow enthusiasts can network and share their experiences and opinions, both good and bad, and it is up to each of us to filter and make our own decisions. Apart from community, the value of a car forum is as a resource - I'm sure you already know this about forums. However, you can't expect to make such a comment directed at me without getting a response.

« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 11:14:01 am by RedRobin »

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #176 on: September 24, 2009, 10:30:40 pm »

I agree with what your sayin but as far as I know thay don't get any other tfsi variants in the states, they maybe should have looked further a field at the other tfsi's but what do they use for development?

....That's a very good point - I had forgotten about the lack of variants across the pond. :happy2:

Offline bacillus

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 451
« Reply #177 on: September 24, 2009, 10:34:19 pm »
This is just copied from my reply in another thread.

The "problem" BSH had was that all the US cars come without the charcoal cannister and the product was initially only designed for those cars. Although not in the instructions, cars with the cannister were presumed to have the can mounted like VWR have done for you.

The fact that you can now mount the can out of the box on the driver's side lis a result of a small change in the design of the bracket that supports the can.
Without traction power is nothing!

Offline KRL

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 29
« Reply #178 on: September 25, 2009, 10:53:46 am »

I'll post some pics 2 morra pal, where I've put mine for the minute, I've used 1 of the std battery tray mount bolts which meant not drilling or fettling anything so if/when I have to move it for the intake it won't be an issue :happy2:

Thank you that would be great  :happy2:

Offline CocoPops

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 11
    • Kennet Heath
    • Email
« Reply #179 on: October 03, 2009, 01:53:15 pm »
Can I just say....

wwhhhoooooosssssshhhhhh....flutter...flutter...flutter......wooooooooooossshhhhh..... TISCH!....wooooosssshhhh.... etc :D

Awesome!!

Very pleased with the ITG.

I think I have the first "final" version.

Happy to meeting anyone around West Berks if they want to see/try it.
Used to Own: 2008 GTI Ed30 | ITG Intake | Miltek TBE System | Bluefin Stage 2 | 327bhp
On Order: 2017 Golf GTI Performance Pack 5dr DSG
Also own: 2016 Lotus Evora 400