Make a donation

Author Topic: Fuel pressure sensor help  (Read 13569 times)

Offline drurydd1

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Fuel pressure sensor help
« on: July 25, 2013, 01:03:35 pm »
My Mk5 golf has been burning through the petrol quite quickly, more than usual and the engine will cough then the car will start to lose power.  But after a few seconds it will fix it's self.  I used VCDS to get the fault code and it said i had a fault with the fuel pressure sensor (fuel pressure sensor G247, Implausible signal) My local garage isn't interested anymore and VW charge to much.  I was thinking of replacing the part my self, the below image is that the fuel pressure sensor G247 i'm pretty sure it is but could someone confirm that for me.

Thanks in advance

« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 08:13:49 pm by drurydd1 »

Offline drurydd1

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
Re: Fuel pressure sensor help
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2013, 07:45:11 pm »
Does anyone know? I ordered a part that fitted but the end electrical connector didn't fit and i can't return the part so that's £60 wasted

Offline bacillus

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 451
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2013, 07:55:28 pm »
Your original part should have a part number written on it.

btw what car do you have?
Without traction power is nothing!

Offline drurydd1

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2013, 08:12:49 pm »
I did try to find the part useing it's part number but couldn't find it so i just searched "MK5 VW golf Fuel pressure sensor" and ordered it baised on the photo and the title. It's a an MK5 VW Golf 1.6 FSI

Offline bacillus

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 451
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2013, 09:43:00 pm »
I did try to find the part useing it's part number but couldn't find it so i just searched "MK5 VW golf Fuel pressure sensor" and ordered it baised on the photo and the title. It's a an MK5 VW Golf 1.6 FSI

Why didn't you just go to your local VW parts department and show them what you want? The 1.6 fsi engine has different parts to a gti that most on here have.
Without traction power is nothing!