Make a donation

Author Topic: BlueFlame  (Read 631 times)

Offline ST4me

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
BlueFlame
« on: August 14, 2013, 11:48:34 am »
Hi. Would the addition of a BlueFlame backbox to my standard system result in an increase in decibels across the entire rev range?

This is what I was looking at http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200952717739?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I don't like to draw attention around town ( I have a Ducati with carbon exhausts for that  :wink: ), but out on the open road I thought it might add a little to the driving experience.

I've seen a couple of videos of GTI's running BlueFlame but they're not pootling around.  :laugh:

Anyone with advice?

Offline TForrest94

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
Re: BlueFlame
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2013, 01:16:57 pm »
ive ordered mine it should be here this afternoon or tomorrow and it will be fitted within days if you wait ill get back to you  :happy2:

Its just a way of life.

Offline chowgar

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2013, 01:24:32 pm »
Hi. Would the addition of a BlueFlame backbox to my standard system result in an increase in decibels across the entire rev range?

This is what I was looking at http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200952717739?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I don't like to draw attention around town ( I have a Ducati with carbon exhausts for that  :wink: ), but out on the open road I thought it might add a little to the driving experience.

I've seen a couple of videos of GTI's running BlueFlame but they're not pootling around.  :laugh:

Anyone with advice?

you looked at BCS powervalve stuff?

Offline ST4me

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2013, 01:42:19 pm »
Sounds good to me TFORREST94  :smiley:

CHOWGAR : Looks interesting but pricewise the BlueFlame seem such a good deal.

northyracing

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2013, 09:57:05 pm »
Igot one of these fitted it couple of weeks ago and is certainly a lot louder

Offline sub39h

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 84
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2013, 10:41:52 pm »
I've got a full Blueflame and when under load it is a lt louder than stock but at a cruise it is totally silent until about 85mph. Beyond that it can be a little boomy but nothing an extra notch on the volume can't fix.

Disclaimer: I drive an A3 which I have been told has more sound deadening than the Mk5.
2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line
DSG | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler
PLANS: Stage 2+