Make a donation

Author Topic: Iphone 5S / 5C  (Read 5367 times)

Offline Deako

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 44
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
Re: Iphone 5S / 5C
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2013, 08:40:19 pm »
Yes, that is true.  :laugh:

Offline Golfgirl

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 23
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2013, 10:50:28 am »
But the person you're sending it to also needs an iPhone for that don't they?  Otherwise it just gets sent as a normal MMS.

Tried WhatsApp? Cross platform and great for pics/video sharing

Yep, but again you have to rely on the recipient having it.  Not all of my main contacts have a smartphone.  Hence me wanting free MMS in my contract :smiley:

FOR SALE!

Offline dan930

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 56
« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2013, 11:53:23 am »
But the person you're sending it to also needs an iPhone for that don't they?  Otherwise it just gets sent as a normal MMS.

Tried WhatsApp? Cross platform and great for pics/video sharing

Yep, but again you have to rely on the recipient having it.  Not all of my main contacts have a smartphone.  Hence me wanting free MMS in my contract :smiley:

WhatsApp is great but as you said,depends on the recipient

MK6 golfR dsg
AKS TUNED
NORTECH PERFORMANCE HTA3071
R TECH custom map

Offline sub39h

• Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 84
« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2013, 03:01:34 pm »
I have the 4S and am struggling to justify the jump to the 5/5S. The jump is nothing like the leap from 3GS to 4S.

i went from 3GS to 4S and thought even that was fairly pointless. certainly not worth the money. i'm due an upgrade now. i may not get a new phone at all, but if i do it won't be a iPhone
2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line
DSG | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler
PLANS: Stage 2+

Offline dokez

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2013, 03:22:24 pm »
I have the 4S and am struggling to justify the jump to the 5/5S. The jump is nothing like the leap from 3GS to 4S.

i went from 3GS to 4S and thought even that was fairly pointless. certainly not worth the money. i'm due an upgrade now. i may not get a new phone at all, but if i do it won't be a iPhone

S4 or HTC or the new Nokia with 42mp camera  :laugh:

Offline Itguy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2013, 04:04:03 pm »
I've got a 4S currently and went to buy a 5S by queuing in line in Leicester on day of release. Arrived, waited, then was told the apple store was sold out 1/2hr before it opened.

Went home, considered it for a few days then ordered online with a random delivery date of "October".

Really thought about over the last day or two and have cancelled my order all together.

Sod em.

The whole bloody thing is a cartel. There is no shortage of 5S's - my local phone shop has them but "is not allowed" to sell them off contract. Only the apple store can sell the 5S at the moment as sim-free. I bet there is a right cartel between the mobile operators and Apple to make people take STUPID mobile phone monthly contracts - c.£40-50 a month!!

I just rang Three and renewed my One Plan as a sim-only for £15/month, 12 month contract. So much cheaper even if I had decided to buy a 5S.

I'll wait for the 6 now. I just really hope they do something special with the next one. I'd love it to be able to take 2 sims (so I can ditch my work BB), have the ability to make contactless payments (just like my bank cards do) incorporating the new fingerprint scanner, have a better battery life etc.

After having spent money on  apps in the app store, I'm reluctant to use another platform - I had a Galaxy S3 for work and it was awful. Phone too physically big and the quality of the apps was no where near as good as the app store alternatives.

And when you think that iPhone is the defacto platform for new gadget compatibility (as the hardware that runs it is a known quantity), I will stick with Apple.

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2013, 05:10:51 pm »
Carphone warehouse are selling them sim free. As are plenty of other places if you look around.

Offline Itguy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2013, 06:29:07 pm »
Carphone warehouse are selling them sim free. As are plenty of other places if you look around.

Interesting - I asked in a Three shop as well as phones4u and they weren't. I wonder if it was for a limited time at launch?

Offline sub39h

• Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 84
« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2013, 01:15:53 pm »
After having spent money on  apps in the app store, I'm reluctant to use another platform - I had a Galaxy S3 for work and it was awful. Phone too physically big and the quality of the apps was no where near as good as the app store alternatives.

that's how they trap you tho - i had a policy that for as long as Apple did not allow Adobe to release Flash on the iPhone I wouldn't pay for apps - and in 4 years of ownership i never have done. you've just made me realise that that may have been a wise thing to do for precisely the reason you've highlighted. i stand nothing to lose by moving to another manufacturer.
2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line
DSG | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler
PLANS: Stage 2+

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2013, 06:22:30 pm »

that's how they trap you tho - i had a policy that for as long as Apple did not allow Adobe to release Flash on the iPhone I wouldn't pay for apps - and in 4 years of ownership i never have done. you've just made me realise that that may have been a wise thing to do for precisely the reason you've highlighted. i stand nothing to lose by moving to another manufacturer.

It's no different from being tied to Goggle Play Store. Except you have a choice of Android handsets. It still rewards the loyalty to the ecosystem.

But Apple are evil and mean and make you buy apps if you have an iPhone???