Make a donation

Author Topic: New Member from Eire  (Read 820 times)

Offline hooch

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
New Member from Eire
« on: October 02, 2013, 09:30:03 pm »
Hi guys, been browsing the forum a while now so said i'd say hello. Might be looking to buy some parts in the future

Gonna copy my thread from another forum

So bought this about 2 weeks ago now, its a pretty much standard 5 door Irish spec car.

Tartan seats
Aluminium interior trim
Sunroof
Heated electric mirrors
Auto Lights
Auto dimming rear view mirror
Rain sensing wipers
Follow me home/out lights
17" Monza's

Main reason I bought it was the mileage which was 114kms when i got it, dentist in Galway City owned it from new and a guy from the next village over from me had it for 6 months but had to buy a diesel for a new job.

This is my second MK5, had a 140bhp diesel before which was pretty quick but the GTi is a different animal. Not bad on juice either, i just got nearly 400kms out of €50, almost all motorway driving.

Getting the T/B done asap and then I might get it remapped. The paint needs a good going over with a DA polisher as it has lots of swirls but in general its in good condition, I wont say mint but it is quite clean.

Pics

Since then I've done the following

So, I thought I'd update ye on the progress of this, since I bought it in April its got:

New TB Kit & WP
Full Service including all oils & filters
New Plugs
NEW OEM Cam follower (common fault which can lead to camshaft and fuel pump damage when worn)
New rear pads
New CV boots on front
New Mats all round.
Standard plates

All the above were done at 117kms, its at just over 124k now, really loving the car and can't fault it.

I was told they have a reputation for burning oil, as much as up to 1L per 1-2k kms, well in the last 7.5k kms mine has burned 300ml. A sign of a fresh engine I reckon.

Plan on changing the oil and filter at between 8-10k kms to keep it fresh, new tyres, a proper da polishing, a rear diffuser as the original has a burn mark on it however that happened and possibly a remap and Miltek exhaust are the next plans.

Comments welcome and thanks for having me

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
Re: New Member from Eire
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2013, 09:40:27 pm »
welcome to the forum :happy2: