Make a donation

Author Topic: Mk 7 R  (Read 31388 times)

Offline wigit

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 129
  • -Receive: 42
    • Email
Re: Mk 7 R
« Reply #90 on: November 14, 2013, 07:27:33 pm »

Offline Oli

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 19
  • -Receive: 10
  • living the dream....
    • Email
« Reply #91 on: November 14, 2013, 07:27:47 pm »
Not if ESP is fully turnt off before hand...

Tiff off fifth gear couldn't get it to fully turn off..hated it

Ive watched that video... and all he was trying to do is get the back end to step out. That isnt really how you drive a car fast on the road. (nice glimpse of the ed30 on there though  :happy2: )

Sounds like Chris Harris with his understeer, they all do it, totally not like road driving at all :happy2:
www.bmvs-camperhire.co.uk - Brand new VW California SE rental

Offline Oli

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 19
  • -Receive: 10
  • living the dream....
    • Email
« Reply #92 on: November 14, 2013, 07:28:24 pm »
Where can you configure  the Golf R :happy2:

Not yet Oli you have to do it the old fashioned way  :happy2:

http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/about-us/news/554/order-books-open-for-range-topping-300-ps-volkswagen-golf-r

Thanks

And nice spec, got me thinking.........still loving the RS though
www.bmvs-camperhire.co.uk - Brand new VW California SE rental

R32UK

« Reply #93 on: November 14, 2013, 08:01:34 pm »
The mk6 tsi engines have an issue with the timing chain tensioner. The part has been revised a few times. If it fails vw are replacing the entire engine.

Happened to mine... but did get a  new engine for me to try blow up again  :laugh:

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #94 on: November 14, 2013, 08:48:59 pm »
Not if ESP is fully turnt off before hand...

Tiff off fifth gear couldn't get it to fully turn off..hated it

Hmmmm wonder if he did it right or maybe the press car didn't have that function?

Offline wigit

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #95 on: November 14, 2013, 08:51:19 pm »
Hmmmm wonder if he did it right or maybe the press car didn't have that function?

Can only be fully disabled on the R not the GTI which would explain why Mr Ogier smokes a front left on the promo vid  :happy2:

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #96 on: November 19, 2013, 08:17:34 pm »
Ordered one to replace the 35 which may or may not stay in the family depending on the wife, i went to see it and Frankfurt and fate of the 35 was sealed

Spec wise I've gone 3 door DSG, in Lapiz Blue, 19" Pretorias , ACC and winter pack, standard spec like the Mk7 GTI is daily strong, the standard trim is alcantara  and cloth, who knows when it will term up but currently working on April 2014

Not everyones cup of tea but hey ho

I always find myself lusting after the cars you buy. Your like that kid at School who always came into class with the latest pair of Adidas before they were ever in the shops.   :fighting2:

Offline rob_e

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 7
  • 2012 vRS Octavia
    • vRS blog on Pistonheads
    • Email
« Reply #97 on: December 16, 2013, 04:18:01 pm »
Just had a call from my local vw dealer - i'm on a list to get a call for a test drive when they get their demo in.. 

:driver:

Mrs rob_e wants to buy a diesel people carrier  :stupid:  .. and although i'd normally scream and pull out what remaining hair i have.. in this case it's actually going to be in my favour.  When she has an economical practical vehicle that means i can ditch the family-friendly vRS wagon and get something a bit more, er.. Golf R-ish!

:jumping:
2012 TSI vRS: H&R monotubes, S3 arms, H&R rARB, Neuspeed RSe07, Brembos, MFSW and a few other tweaks..  PH Blog:  http://www.pistonheads.com/members/showcar.asp?carId=191311

Offline wigit

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #98 on: December 16, 2013, 04:31:43 pm »
is that Ridgeway in Kidlington Rob? mrs w may be going for a more door on 18s instead of a GTI after i told her i'd pay the difference

Offline rob_e

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 7
  • 2012 vRS Octavia
    • vRS blog on Pistonheads
    • Email
« Reply #99 on: December 16, 2013, 04:48:50 pm »
is that Ridgeway in Kidlington Rob? mrs w may be going for a more door on 18s instead of a GTI after i told her i'd pay the difference

Yep, they said they should have a car in early March. 

Mine would also be a four (more?!) door too - kiddie friendly and all that - don't want them scuffing the interior as they climb in and out of the back like they do now on SWMBO's mini lol...   
2012 TSI vRS: H&R monotubes, S3 arms, H&R rARB, Neuspeed RSe07, Brembos, MFSW and a few other tweaks..  PH Blog:  http://www.pistonheads.com/members/showcar.asp?carId=191311