• -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 10
    • Email
Ap's
« on: November 10, 2013, 07:59:10 pm »
Afternoon guys
Was just looking for any reviews on ap coilovers,any one running these
Whats ride quality like to standard.
And have you had any problems also pics would be great. Oh yeah it would be for a golf gti
Thanks

Offline N8KOW

• Detailer - 2014
  • Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 7
    • Kowalski Details
    • Email
Re: Ap's
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2013, 11:44:34 pm »
They are great coilovers for the money, good build quality, great ride and decent lows. Been out in them on a few cars. Cannot fault them for the cost, made by KW, so must be decent  :happy2:
IG: http://instagram.com/kowalskidetails
2014 Mk7 Golf R on Order...

Offline Wooosh

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 87
  • Factory ponies.
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2013, 01:09:22 am »
They are great coilovers for the money, good build quality, great ride and decent lows. Been out in them on a few cars. Cannot fault them for the cost, made by KW, so must be decent  :happy2:
Couldn't of put it better myself been running mine for 9 months now no problems whatsoever. :drinking:
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 04:17:14 am by Wooosh »
Stage 2 MK5 GTI Revo GONE
Stage 1+ MK5 GTI R-Tech GONE
Stage 2 MK5 GTI Edition 30 GoAPR

Offline nutter

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2013, 08:07:00 pm »
Don't bother I've had mine on 2 years and in that time I've had two sets of rear shockers replaced and had to wait three months to get my money back under warranty on them and just recently my front o/s has started playing up I'm now in two minds just to take them off and buy another brand. My mate also has them on his R32 and one of his front shockers has just let go and is now suffering the dreaded warranty claim form.

Offline edd666999

• Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 89
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2013, 08:32:28 pm »
Don't bother I've had mine on 2 years and in that time I've had two sets of rear shockers replaced and had to wait three months to get my money back under warranty on them and just recently my front o/s has started playing up I'm now in two minds just to take them off and buy another brand. My mate also has them on his R32 and one of his front shockers has just let go and is now suffering the dreaded warranty claim form.

You and your mate are they only 2 people I have heard bad things about the ap's from.

I was happy with mine!

Offline GrayMK5GTI

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 125
  • -Receive: 247
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2013, 09:05:42 pm »

You and your mate are they only 2 people I have heard bad things about the ap's from.

I was happy with mine!

My rears started clunking after a week or so. Bought a set of OEM Bilstein shocks quite cheap which fixed the problem.

The quality isn't as great as I thought either  :sad1:
NOW: 2015 Golf R DSG 5 Door, Lapiz Blue, 19s, Discover Nav, Reversing Camera
GONE:2007 Black GTI Edition 30 3dr

Offline martziniuk

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2013, 10:22:18 pm »
I've just fitted a set on the Octavia. The ride is perfect for me, much better than I thought it would be on coilovers. Someone on Briskoda also had a rear shock replaced but I carn't comment on build quality yet.
If I had more cash I'd have gone for the Weitecs.
Mk2 Octavia vRS with K04 conversion, 3"TBE & Decat, APR HPFP, BDM Intake, S3 I/C, Sachs clutch & Unicorn custom map, S3 brakes, AP coilovers, THS mounts.

B8.5 Audi S4 with uprated pulley and unicorn Stage 2

Offline N8KOW

• Detailer - 2014
  • Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 7
    • Kowalski Details
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2013, 11:51:16 pm »
Unusual that few have had problems with these  :sad1:
IG: http://instagram.com/kowalskidetails
2014 Mk7 Golf R on Order...

Offline Llew

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 45
  • -Receive: 17
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2013, 04:12:05 am »
with mine both rear shocks failed mot mind you i only paid 80 quid for front and rears 2nd hand 20k miles so no complaints here
Golf 2006 tdi 140pd, dsg paddles,blue interior led lights,r32 rear bumper, cruise control,vcds,highline , r32 mfsw steering wheel, gti front bumper,miltek decat.

Offline Stig_gti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 10
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2013, 06:47:23 am »
Thanks for the info guys
Just don't no what to do now