Make a donation

Author Topic: Armrest lid re-upholstery?  (Read 1395 times)

Offline JC88

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 6
Armrest lid re-upholstery?
« on: November 13, 2013, 07:49:42 pm »
Hey I've been patiently looking online for a while to get a few things for my ED30, looking to get an RCD 510 and fit an armrest possibly with MDI etc etc. Ive noticed a lot of decent armrests about but the leather lids seem to be hard to come by. I was just wondering if anyone on here has re-upholstered a cloth lid with a close matching leather etc and how its turned out/ roughly cost. Ideally I'd like to get an OEM leather armrest but I was just considering my options :)

Any advice you guys could offer would be really helpful! Cheers!

Offline brookesb32

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 59
  • -Receive: 75
Re: Armrest lid re-upholstery?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2013, 08:44:17 pm »
Hey I've been patiently looking online for a while to get a few things for my ED30, looking to get an RCD 510 and fit an armrest possibly with MDI etc etc. Ive noticed a lot of decent armrests about but the leather lids seem to be hard to come by. I was just wondering if anyone on here has re-upholstered a cloth lid with a close matching leather etc and how its turned out/ roughly cost. Ideally I'd like to get an OEM leather armrest but I was just considering my options :)

Any advice you guys could offer would be really helpful! Cheers!

I tried this briefly once but skills weren't up to it, plus the amount of leather I had was tight. It was leather from a mk5 door card so leather is correct colour.

If you decide to try yourself you are welcome to the leather for £5 plus post

I have some pics somewhere :)
VCDS cable HEX-USB+CAN. New but can do the basics including coding

Offline JC88

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2013, 09:13:58 am »
Thanks for the reply mate, was just wondering how easy it was to remove the upholstered part of the lid for it to be reupholstered too. You reckon its something that could be done if its sent to a pro??

Offline JoeDarKa

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 57
  • -Receive: 73
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2013, 09:23:28 am »
Thanks for the reply mate, was just wondering how easy it was to remove the upholstered part of the lid for it to be reupholstered too. You reckon its something that could be done if its sent to a pro??

Easily! If they can do seats, then a flat rectangle to trim would be easy!

GT Sport - Reflex Silver 2.0 TDI My Build