Make a donation

Author Topic: 2nd Mk5GolfGTI Meet - Sun 1st Feb Santa Pod  (Read 133820 times)

Offline Hurdy

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
Re: 2nd Mk5GolfGTI Meet - Sun 1st Feb Santa Pod
« Reply #420 on: January 21, 2009, 10:23:39 pm »
Is there not going to be a pre location, where everyone is meeting, and then convoy'ing to the pod???
I reckon we should all meet at Tesco in Wellingborough (about 5 mins away from Pod). Ideal for peeps to chuck some motion lotion in there tanks too..  :smiley:

So you want us to all fill our tanks to the brim with all that weighty fuel, just before we get to the pod eh Ben? :P
I suppose you'll just sit there with your quarter full tank watching them all :signLOL: :grin:

How much does a gallon of fuel weigh?

About 3.5kg, so fill your tank to the brim and you'll be carrying over 40kg in fuel.

Mine will be around half full or just under.

PS. Only kidding Ben :happy2:
Golf R gone.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #421 on: January 21, 2009, 10:36:14 pm »

More like sometime between 10:00am and 11:00am for me. [Unless the weather is appalling]

Bad news about you not being able to get a room Robin!

....My fault - I left it too late (like I usually do!). I didn't fully appreciate that 1st Feb was so soon :surprised:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
« Reply #422 on: January 21, 2009, 10:54:45 pm »

More like sometime between 10:00am and 11:00am for me. [Unless the weather is appalling]

Bad news about you not being able to get a room Robin!

....My fault - I left it too late (like I usually do!). I didn't fully appreciate that 1st Feb was so soon :surprised:

I'll have to suggest to Steve (Phil Mc) if he'll share the double bed :signLOL:

Surely someone can help a RedRobin out?

No-one else staying overnight and could share?
Golf R gone.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #423 on: January 21, 2009, 11:06:35 pm »
^^^^

That's kind of you to ask, Hurdy, but I'll be alright.

:happy2:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
« Reply #424 on: January 22, 2009, 08:49:36 am »
Is there not going to be a pre location, where everyone is meeting, and then convoy'ing to the pod???
I reckon we should all meet at Tesco in Wellingborough (about 5 mins away from Pod). Ideal for peeps to chuck some motion lotion in there tanks too..  :smiley:

So you want us to all fill our tanks to the brim with all that weighty fuel, just before we get to the pod eh Ben? :P
I suppose you'll just sit there with your quarter full tank watching them all :signLOL: :grin:

How much does a gallon of fuel weigh?

About 3.5kg, so fill your tank to the brim and you'll be carrying over 40kg in fuel.

Mine will be around half full or just under.

PS. Only kidding Ben :happy2:

Ha ha.. Go on I dare ya..
What I meant was it wouldn't be a bbad idea to get a small amount of fresh fuel from Tesco (99) before running. Don't want any old stagnant 99 ron running through my fuel lines... :grin:

Offline joesgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 35
  • Eat my sick, Eat my sick.
« Reply #425 on: January 22, 2009, 09:18:26 am »

what time shall we say?  :smiley:

If you need any games consoles or games, accessories, etc etc, PM me for my best price,

Offline gulfstream11

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 19
    • Email
« Reply #426 on: January 22, 2009, 12:46:24 pm »
After reading earlier threads it looks like I,ve left it to late for stopping over.So I guess the Tesco meet is on..

What time,2 of us coming from Sheffield?????

Gulf

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
« Reply #427 on: January 22, 2009, 12:56:43 pm »
Well I waas going to say about 9am, but didn't realise you KK guys aren't planning on getting down to Pod till 10:30am..  :surprised:
I reckon you guys should get your lazy behinds out of the sack and get down for 9-9-30am...  :smiley: As if we all roll in at nearly 11 am and try and sign on, it could be very busy..  :confused:

Offline joesgti

• Thank You
« Reply #428 on: January 22, 2009, 01:04:30 pm »
Well I waas going to say about 9am, but didn't realise you KK guys aren't planning on getting down to Pod till 10:30am..  :surprised:
I reckon you guys should get your lazy behinds out of the sack and get down for 9-9-30am...  :smiley: As if we all roll in at nearly 11 am and try and sign on, it could be very busy..  :confused:

no way, im gettin up at 6 and that ealy enough for a sunday morning  :indifferent:

If you need any games consoles or games, accessories, etc etc, PM me for my best price,

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
« Reply #429 on: January 22, 2009, 01:22:55 pm »
Oh, I'll get up around 8, wander over to the local Harvester, order a full english breakfast, wander back and drive the full 4 miles to the Pod :chicken: :laugh: :innocent:
Golf R gone.

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #430 on: January 22, 2009, 01:23:32 pm »

And why would that be Ben  :signLOL:

Phil Mcavity

« Reply #431 on: January 22, 2009, 01:47:16 pm »

i think bens planning on running 100 runs himself to beat his PB of 13.4!.I have a long journey in the morning aswell, that walk from the hotel to the Harvester is a real killer! all 50 yards of it!, sniffing that cooked Full english breakfast, i'll be like a Bisto Kid! .

Offline joesgti

• Thank You
« Reply #432 on: January 22, 2009, 02:13:40 pm »

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #433 on: January 22, 2009, 04:25:54 pm »
Oh, I'll get up around 8, wander over to the local Harvester, order a full english breakfast, wander back and drive the full 4 miles to the Pod :chicken: :laugh: :innocent:

What a jolly good idea John, I think I'll join you  :wink:  :innocent:

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #434 on: January 22, 2009, 04:27:51 pm »
I cant imagine you lot will be hungry in the morning if your swapping sausages all night.  :chicken:  :evilgrin:  :signLOL: