Make a donation

Author Topic: Question for tyre fitters...  (Read 1912 times)

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
Re: Question for tyre fitters...
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2013, 06:14:51 pm »
Wish you fellas lived closer to me and I would fit them with out damage to them
I can vouch for that - if anyone is near Richmond N Yorks, maxitrol (Andy) is your man. :happy2:
Cheers Trev-might pop over to Darlo on sat if your there

Offline Little_Dave

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 28
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2013, 06:57:56 pm »
Bought 3 sets of wheels and 4 sets of tires from Rtec in St.Albans over the past few years and never experienced this  :confused:

From your description sounds like it was definitely damage done there but by not checking before you left you leave yourself open for them to deny it as it wasn't raised at the time  :sick:

Good luck in getting it sorted, I've found them to be a nice bunch of guys over the years  :happy2:

Dave

Offline TurboTrev

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2013, 07:28:24 pm »
Wish you fellas lived closer to me and I would fit them with out damage to them
I can vouch for that - if anyone is near Richmond N Yorks, maxitrol (Andy) is your man. :happy2:
Cheers Trev-might pop over to Darlo on sat if your there
Yes I'll be there Andy, pop over (10 - 12:30 ish).

Offline jonnym

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 40
  • -Receive: 22
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2013, 03:57:13 pm »
Had my winters wheels, Ronal Zolders, put on today and needed balancing. Went to R-Tec in St Albans as they fitted me in at the last minute. Curiosity got the better of me and upon closer inspection, AFTER I GOT HOME  :fighting: , there are scuffs on the wheels. Not only that but the summer wheels, OZ Ultraleggra's, they took off have also been scuffed. It looks like the scuffs have been made by white tool marks, I rubbed some of the scuffs off which has left primer showing through.  :congrats:  :fighting:

How would this happen? I've read a couple of threads on here about Costco but they weren't fitting tyres, just balancing the wheels. Beggers belief. What's more annoying they had a couple of new Bentleys sat in the workshop being worked on. Does my car deserve less careful treatment???

I will be calling on Monday to air my grievances    :mad:

I've had dealings with them before re wheels. I've heard many bad things and my experience backed it up! Awful place, but guess you know that now!
@PSW - "Candy white ones are the nicest and fastest"

Offline Norbreck21a

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 22
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2013, 05:05:08 pm »
This is the big worry I have now with the new GTD. It's my first car with diamond cut faces, and I'm extremely anxious that should I have a puncture, or when I come to replace the tyres, my lovely alloys are going to have their diamond cut faces scored with the resulting damage that brings !

sciroccosig by Sootchucker, on Flickr

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2013, 07:10:24 pm »
Changing tyres on diamond cut alloys is the same as normal alloys as long as your careful and set the tyre machine up properly